Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,423,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I wonder if this is an "ignorance is bliss" or "head in the sand" post?

Hint: when it is my money, it is my business.
So when you find out a customer is getting government assistance for their home phone do you request to see their phone bills?

Or when they have LEAP do you drive by their house at night to make sure they turned all the lights off?

Do you go to your local schools and check out the kids that are getting free lunch to make sure they're not buying extra snacks?

I mean all of these people are spending your money so don't just stalk the people in the grocery store. Invade everyone's life; isn't it your business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm unclear on how this surveillance operation would work exactly.
You can find the details in the "My Life Sucks" manual, under the section titled "How to occupy your boring life by stalking people you perceive to be living a better life than you"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 AM

945 posts, read 972,562 times
Fleecing taxpayers to pay for savages that refuse to work and are the criminal element. Government sponsored bribery with your own money.

Just report every person you see remotely abusing the EBT card and hopefully they will get caught by someone decent behind the curtain.

I give all liberals the same treatment, report them all to their agencies for animal welfare, children welfare, EBT abuse, crime, etc.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
So when you find out a customer is getting government assistance for their home phone do you request to see their phone bills?

Or when they have LEAP do you drive by their house at night to make sure they turned all the lights off?

Do you go to your local schools and check out the kids that are getting free lunch to make sure they're not buying extra snacks?

I mean all of these people are spending your money so don't just stalk the people in the grocery store. Invade everyone's life; isn't it your business?

You can find the details in the "My Life Sucks" manual, under the section titled "How to occupy your boring life by stalking people you perceive to be living a better life than you"

It is definitely our business, they should have all of their information that is being public assisted posted on the internet and be in a shameful database so we can identify who the leeches of society are and judge them.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:51 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,714,771 times
OP should learn cooking. That way he can make good food at home. struggling for mortgage-that means you were not responsible enough to calculate whether you can afford that house or not.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
OP should learn cooking. That way he can make good food at home. struggling for mortgage-that means you were not responsible enough to calculate whether you can afford that house or not.

Struggling with money and using an EBT card means you and your parents are not responsible enough to have children and breed in America. You should be sterilized upon receiving any benefits.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 04-03-2013 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: personal attacks

Old 04-03-2013, 11:10 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,488,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
"Why are you paying for your daughter's college? She's 18. She should have gotten a full right on her merit alone. If not, let her pay for it through loans and working. You are enabling her too much."

Uh, isn't that what parents are suppose to do? If you bring a child into the world, you are responsible for giving them a head start in life. Working full-tiem can only delay them getting their degrees. My niece hsubands side is working and paying tuition but it is a struggle plus she has a kid. She is 22 almost 23 though. If his daughter were in like her mid 20's I could see her paying some or all but at 18,you are just starting life and need a boost.
Maybe Mr.XXX could see about scholarship or pell grants for his daughter if they think the cost is making them starve.
I think you missed the point of my post.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:15 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,231,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
As my wife and I struggle to pay the monthly mortgage and our daughter's college, I'm left wondering why others don't have to be responsible for their own lives.

I was at the supermarket this past weekend, and was in line behind two full shopping carts full of racks of ribs, tenderloins, pork chops, soda, a ton of junk food, ribeyes, and a tons of other stuff totaling out to over $800. As she paid with her EBT card, I couldn’t help but wonder what it feels like to be able to buy as much top dollar food as you want with redistributed money of others, or if that would even cross the mind.

Does our current system give people any reason to stop taking advantage, stop having kids they can’t pay for, to be thankful for what they are given, or encourage them to get off the system to support their own existence? I’m talking about the leaches, not the vets, retirees, or handicapped, so keep that in mind.

Save the BS, I don’t feel like arguing about how heartless I am or people who are critical of our failed systems are. I don’t need to hear sad stories, I’ve experienced my own. I just want to know what you think about our welfare system, and its contribution to our entitlement society and the debt.

Is there any hope for our society or have we finally lost the country to the "give me free stuff crowd"..
Considering that the average snap card benefit is $1.50 a meal per person, and a family of two would only qualify if one person was working minimum wage and another making less than $4K a year, I think your post is full of BS. What is it with crazy "my cousin was in law school and made out like a bandit on food stamps" and "I saw a women on welfare buying steak and lobster" posts? If you're going to make up total crap, at least try to get a little more creative with it.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,231,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Fleecing taxpayers to pay for savages that refuse to work and are the criminal element. Government sponsored bribery with your own money.

Just report every person you see remotely abusing the EBT card and hopefully they will get caught by someone decent behind the curtain.

I give all liberals the same treatment, report them all to their agencies for animal welfare, children welfare, EBT abuse, crime, etc.
Guess what--unless you have a disabled child that requires home care, or a very young child, everyone on welfare has to work 20-30 hours a week, OR they have to be enrolled in some kind of no more than two year vocational training program--4 year degree programs and graduate school are ineligible. There's also a LIFETIME limit on the number of months you can draw welfare--some as short as 21 months. It's been that way ever since the Clinton administration. It's called welfare to work. You don't get to sit at home on your duff.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:24 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,366,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I wonder if this is an "ignorance is bliss" or "head in the sand" post?

Hint: when it is my money, it is my business.
Yep. Anybody that acts like its not their business is either not a taxpayer or just plain stupid.
I always laugh at how these libbies get that holier than thou attitude and defensive whenever this is brought up.
Makes them think they did their good deed for the day defending these sponges.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,366,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Guess what--unless you have a disabled child that requires home care, or a very young child, everyone on welfare has to work 20-30 hours a week, OR they have to be enrolled in some kind of no more than two year vocational training program--4 year degree programs and graduate school are ineligible. There's also a LIFETIME limit on the number of months you can draw welfare--some as short as 21 months. It's been that way ever since the Clinton administration. It's called welfare to work. You don't get to sit at home on your duff.
That's a load of crap. Who told you that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies