Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 AM

945 posts, read 970,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Guess what--unless you have a disabled child that requires home care, or a very young child, everyone on welfare has to work 20-30 hours a week, OR they have to be enrolled in some kind of no more than two year vocational training program--4 year degree programs and graduate school are ineligible. There's also a LIFETIME limit on the number of months you can draw welfare--some as short as 21 months. It's been that way ever since the Clinton administration. It's called welfare to work. You don't get to sit at home on your duff.
No you don't, I see them daily and they are never working and getting more than just welfare.

Forced to work to get entitlements? God I almost fell out of my chair from laughing, thank you I needed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 11:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,959,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Fleecing taxpayers to pay for savages that refuse to work and are the criminal element. Government sponsored bribery with your own money.

Just report every person you see remotely abusing the EBT card and hopefully they will get caught by someone decent behind the curtain.

I give all liberals the same treatment, report them all to their agencies for animal welfare, children welfare, EBT abuse, crime, etc.
Dear Der oterreich...that reminids me of that other famous osterreich[1918-1945]/austrian

Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,269,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Oh...Yes in Liberal Massachusetts

FYI...I'm not mooching off the taxpayers I own a seasonal business...
Pushing a lawn mower seasonally is not a real job. Real jobs are daily all year.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,253,830 times
Here's a crazy fact that I just recently learned: food stamp recipients can accumulate large balances on their card by rolling over unused dollars each month. There was a story on the local news reporting that people had balances over $5000.00!

Food card recipients stockpile huge balances on taxpayers

Either you need the assistance or you don't. It should be "use it or lose it" and if someone is consistently not using their monthly allotment it should be reduced or terminated.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Here's a crazy fact that I just recently learned: food stamp recipients can accumulate large balances on their card by rolling over unused dollars each month. There was a story on the local news reporting that people had balances over $5000.00!

Food card recipients stockpile huge balances on taxpayers

Either you need the assistance or you don't. It should be "use it or lose it" and if someone is consistently not using their monthly allotment it should be reduced or terminated.
Food stamp SNAP benefits and TANF benefits are placed on one card.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Dear Der oterreich...that reminids me of that other famous osterreich[1918-1945]/austrian

Just using the system you put in place for us to benefit society. That reminds me of another Amerikaner from [1958-present]

'Don't hate the player, hate the game'

Btw, it is Oesterreicher, not Osterreich (Since I assume you were attempting to say Austrian in Deutsch). Someone stole my name so I had to bastardize it into what it is. Just a fun fact :P

Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,222,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
That's a load of crap. Who told you that?
What do you mean "who told me that?" It was the cornerstone of welfare reform under the Clinton administration--the R's biggest accomplishment under the "Contract with America." They replaced AFDC with TANF. You must either be a child, or you were living under a rock for 8 years. Next time try google before you go off an a rant--you are completely clueless.

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are the federal guidelines for the TANF program.

Policy Basics: An Introduction to TANF — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

States have the flexibility to set guidelines within that framework for their state. Here's a sample of a state program.
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Just using the system you put in place for us to benefit society. That reminds me of another Amerikaner from [1958-present]

'Don't hate the player, hate the game'

Btw, it is Oesterreicher, not Osterreich (Since I assume you were attempting to say Austrian in Deutsch). Someone stole my name so I had to bastardize it into what it is. Just a fun fact :P
You got to have game first...

Old 04-03-2013, 11:58 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,222,166 times
Quote:
No you don't, I see them daily and they are never working and getting more than just welfare.

Forced to work to get entitlements? God I almost fell out of my chair from laughing, thank you I needed that.
Quote:
What do you mean "who told me that?" It was the cornerstone of welfare reform under the Clinton administration--the R's biggest accomplishment under the "Contract with America." They replaced AFDC with TANF. You must either be a child, or you were living under a rock for 8 years. Next time try google before you go off an a rant--you are completely clueless.

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are the federal guidelines for the TANF program.

Policy Basics: An Introduction to TANF — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

States have the flexibility to set guidelines within that framework for their state. Here's a sample of a state program.
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
Ditto. Are you talking about someone who is on DISABILITY? That's supplemental social security for disabled persons--not welfare, or TANF. There's a difference. Just a quick observation--when you "almost fall out of your chair from laughing" because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, most people assume you're an idiot.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Ditto. Are you talking about someone who is on DISABILITY? That's supplemental social security for disabled persons--not welfare, or TANF. There's a difference. Just a quick observation--when you "almost fall out of your chair from laughing" because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, most people assume you're an idiot.

*falls off chair again*

BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Almost end of the work day and you got cheesing today.

Working and entitlements, I gotta remember that for my night at the improv. Absolute gold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies