Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don't remember the last time I purchased groceries with cash. I use my credit card for everything.
Last year, a guy behind me in line noticed me swiping my card and muttered something about how it must be nice to be on the dole. I ignored him. What other people think and say does not define me.
In some states the EBT card is very defined. I can tell the Lone Star card used in Texas.
It doesn't look like a CC and has "Lone Star" in big letters.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 02:59 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,023,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Now I get it. I completely understand why you have no problem spending other people's money. Why would you ever care about a $309 food stamp purchase when you believe that $7.5 BILLION in known welfare fraud every decade is "miniscule?"
Provide a link please for that figure.

Contrast that with the federal, state and local budgets and you will see that over a DECADE, $7.5 billion in a system that serves millions, is not much.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Quote:
I don't give dignity to worthless (and outrageously false) posts. You bring up that thread because you know there's truth to its assertions and therefore feel threatened by it.

Welfare Statists, such as yourself, don't like to be challenged on your ideology. Unfortunately, I have no qualms whatsoever challenging you on that failed ideology.
LOL. Ok.

I only bring it up because:
1.) It is another hilarious failed anecdotal story, much like your short lived "Black men walking pitbulls" thread.
2.) I'm not really threaten by some random person on the internet that posts almost 3 times the rate i do.
3.) Welfare Statist. Ok. That is a new one. I see you are trying it out to see out it goes. Doesn't work. Sorry.
4.) Lighten up. I'm worried about your health.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,872 times
Quote:
Now I get it. I completely understand why you have no problem spending other people's money. Why would you ever care about a $309 food stamp purchase when you believe that $7.5 BILLION in known welfare fraud every decade is "miniscule?"

What do you hate more the $7.5 billion to help people not starve to death on the street or the $7.7 trillion given to large corporations and ceo's who as of this moment are giving themselves record bonuses. I don't know about you but I certainly know enough about myself I'd rather help the poor than than give another millionaire a few million more especially when that millionaire lays off several workers so they can enjoy there lavish lifestyle. But go ahead you and the rest of the rwnj's on this site keep crying about the poor. I guess you guys really are deluded by the whole "You Too Can be RICH" if only you try a harder.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post

Contrast that with the federal, state and local budgets and you will see that over a DECADE, $7.5 billion in a system that serves millions, is not much.
That's just one government program. Multiply the "fraud" by all the government agencies and you're talking some big bucks here.

That people are so willing to say "that's not much" to each individual program's losses to fraud shows why this country is just going deeper into debt without fixing the broken programs.

Just in welfare, the US has 83 means tested programs and this one reported $7.5 billion in fraud.
Imagine the other 82 ?

Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post

Google is your friend. Look it up.

The $7.5B is the "known" fraud that takes place ....ie. via "lost" EBT card replacement and corrupt food stamp desk agents. This doesn't account for the actual fraud that takes place through merchant fraud and application fraud. The $7.5B represents the sterile fraud at the point of issuance. Quite literally, if you show up at the food stamp office claiming to lost a card, you will not be questioned in depth and you will be issued another card. This is well known within the food stamp cottage industry.

In other words, many more millions and probably billions are expended that has never been accounted for on the "street."

Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
What do you hate more the $7.5 billion to help people not starve to death on the street or the $7.7 trillion given to large corporations and ceo's who as of this moment are giving themselves record bonuses. I don't know about you but I certainly know enough about myself I'd rather help the poor than than give another millionaire a few million more especially when that millionaire lays off several workers so they can enjoy there lavish lifestyle. But go ahead you and the rest of the rwnj's on this site keep crying about the poor. I guess you guys really are deluded by the whole "You Too Can be RICH" if only you try a harder.
I have stood against corporate bailouts many times. You know not what you speak.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Most republicans iI know work to pay taxes to support the Obama supporters on welfare.

How many republicans do you know?

Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
1.) Your story didn't happen.
2.) Why are you paying for your daughter's college? She's 18. She should have gotten a full right on her merit alone. If not, let her pay for it through loans and working. You are enabling her too much.
3.) Your mortgage? Why are you struggling to pay a mortgage? You probably couldn't afford it in the first place.
4.) If someone on welfare eats better than you, you have made poor life choices.
5.) Sad stories? We don't want to hear your sad stories of people on welfare eating better than you.
6.) If you are struggling so bad, maybe you should work harder at your job for the big promotion instead of wasting time posting thread after thread on P&OC. Those TPS reports don't get filled out themselves.
7.) Stop blaming the system for your shortcomings. That sounds like the victim mentality to me.
one of the best responses using republican logic i have ever seen.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Don't worry. You just have a bad case of SNAP jealousy.
Soon enough you'll be able to qualify and have your own cart full of food paid for by Uncle Sam
You are being satirical, but I was going to suggest that something similar is whet is going on. Our government keeps expanding the net for who qualifies for federal social welfare programs. We have expanded these programs so far now, that we are including many people who really do not need the assistance but are happy to accept free handouts.

We have too many people qualifying for the SNAP and social security programs. To reduce costs, politicians are talking about reducing the level payment or amount of services people will receive. What will happen to the people these services were meant to help? They will get screwed, so the the politicians can buy the votes of the leeches, and the leeches can get their free stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies