Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
1.) Your story didn't happen.
2.) Why are you paying for your daughter's college? She's 18. She should have gotten a full right on her merit alone. If not, let her pay for it through loans and working. You are enabling her too much.
3.) Your mortgage? Why are you struggling to pay a mortgage? You probably couldn't afford it in the first place.
4.) If someone on welfare eats better than you, you have made poor life choices.
5.) Sad stories? We don't want to hear your sad stories of people on welfare eating better than you.
6.) If you are struggling so bad, maybe you should work harder at your job for the big promotion instead of wasting time posting thread after thread on P&OC. Those TPS reports don't get filled out themselves.
7.) Stop blaming the system for your shortcomings. That sounds like the victim mentality to me.
Let me guess - you're a bleeding heart liberal? So #4 - if you aren't a leach on society, you've made poor life choices? No wonder Obama won in 2012.

I'm hoping this is tongue in cheek, though....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 01:05 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
If your mortgage is keeping you from eating the way you'd like to, you're living beyond your means.

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
you must be dilusional even with 6 kids no way is anyone getting $800 on a ebt card, are you sure it was a ebt card and not a debit or credit card ? If you and your wife are struggling to pay your bills stop whining pick yourself up by your bootstraps and get a second job. Stop coming onto CD all the time posting nonsense threads all day long and perhaps you won't be struggling so much. While your at it tell your "wife" she needs a 2nd or 3rd job and stop mooching from us taxpayers !!!

indiana

1,469 posts, read 1,802,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Oh...Yes in Liberal Massachusetts

FYI...I'm not mooching off the taxpayers I own a business that is seasonal...

Not joking, but if you are struggling like you say you are, then you might need some assistance; you can apply for food stamps, and if you're struggling with your mortgage, I think there are programs out there to help with paying mortgages and rent. I'm about to start applying for grants; gonna be like the wealthy and just take money from the government through these grants that are abundant and most people don't know about except for the wealthy and politicians.

6,331 posts, read 5,213,901 times
Why Do EBT Card Holders Get To Eat Better Than Me And My Family?

Learnt to cook so you don't spend all yoru money on McDonalds or frozen pizzas and get a better job.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 PM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
I see the point the OP is trying to make. My wife and I are basically debt free , just an upside down mortgage , we both work and are relatively frugal with our money. It just seems like some of the "welfare receipients" / EBT card holders dress better than we do, drive newer cars then we do, have the latest smart phones and $4000.00 wheels on their cars. Whether this is just perception or it is really the case , who know's but sometime it really seems like it's a reality. And no we aren't jealous, how can it be jealousy when we are the ones paying for their lifestyle ?

Last edited by scarabchuck; 01-14-2013 at 01:14 PM..

Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,123,257 times
Quote:
You lit into him!! LOL I was gonna suggest to him to apply for the EBT card, he might get something since he is saying he's struggling
You obviously missed the point...The family has to be responsible and live within their means...Its ticks me off when you have these leeches typical Obama supporters spending tax payer's dollars like drunken sailors..

Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I see the point the OP is trying to make. My wife and I are basically debt free , just an upside down mortgage , we both work and are relatively frugal with our money. It just seems like some of the "welfare receipients" / EBT card holders dress better than we do, drive newer cars then we do, have the latest smart phones etc. Whether this is just perception or it is really the case , who know's but sometime it really seems like it's a reality. And no we aren't jealous, how can it be jealousy when we are the ones paying for their lifestyle ?
How do you know they are welfare recipients?

Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I see the point the OP is trying to make. My wife and I are basically debt free , just an upside down mortgage , we both work and are relatively frugal with our money. It just seems like some of the "welfare receipients" / EBT card holders dress better than we do, drive newer cars then we do, have the latest smart phones etc. Whether this is just perception or it is really the case , who know's but sometime it really seems like it's a reality. And no we aren't jealous, how can it be jealousy when we are the ones paying for their lifestyle ?
Because they have no food/phone bills among others to pay.
The money they make is their spending money. They don't have to budget in food because they get an allowance for food and their kids eat for free at school.

Heck, even college kids are now getting in on it..$50/week for food, who wouldn't apply to see if they get it ?

You give me $50/week for food and that means I can go back to national brands and stuff I've stopped buying.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Have you talked to your church? Maybe they can help feed your family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies