Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
As my wife and I struggle to pay the monthly mortgage and our daughter's college, I'm left wondering why others don't have to be responsible for their own lives.

I was at the supermarket this past weekend, and was in line behind two full shopping carts full of racks of ribs, tenderloins, pork chops, soda, a ton of junk food, ribeyes, and a tons of other stuff totaling out to over $800. As she paid with her EBT card, I couldn’t help but wonder what it feels like to be able to buy as much top dollar food as you want with redistributed money of others, or if that would even cross the mind.

Does our current system give people any reason to stop taking advantage, stop having kids they can’t pay for, to be thankful for what they are given, or encourage them to get off the system to support their own existence? I’m talking about the leaches, not the vets, retirees, or handicapped, so keep that in mind.

Save the BS, I don’t feel like arguing about how heartless I am or people who are critical of our failed systems are. I don’t need to hear sad stories, I’ve experienced my own. I just want to know what you think about our welfare system, and its contribution to our entitlement society and the debt.

Is there any hope for our society or have we finally lost the country to the "give me free stuff crowd"..
I don't believe you at all. I think you made this stuff up. I say this by your join date(right after the election. many think you are a paid schill). I don't see welfare people with these huge shopping carts full like you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,123,257 times
Quote:
Silly. We'd all be better off if there were no humane programs AND we all had Uzis to defend ourselves when hungry people attack us.

/sarcasm, just in case anyone missed it.

(Most of the responses to this thread are brilliantly using Tea Party "logic" and "solutions" to help the OP, the original TPer. That's why it's priceless, and I'm just playing along
Yeah...they look like they're starving...those evil tea par tiers....

Arizona Governor Wants To Penalize Fat Welfare Recipients With $50 Fatness Fines « Pat Dollard

Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Basically, what the OP is trying to say:

"I, Mr. XXX, formerly JT800, am at my wits end. Ever since Romney abruptly cut off our credit cards after losing the election, times have been tough. But I will continue to make inane threads for free because my real job sucks so, so badly."

Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,901 times
Quote:
No...I don't like my tax dollars going to leeches!!!

BTW...I can cook!!!
If zero tax dollars went to EBT, you would still be broke.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:44 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,123,257 times
Quote:
I, Mr. XXX, formerly JT800, am at my wits end.
God...how many time do I have say I'm not JT800...Gee give me a break...

Old 01-14-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
LMAO Do you really believe this $hit??
I was just trying to help the guy using the crow eating methodology.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:45 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Well...when they're wearing an Obama jacket...I guess you can assume with 99.99% accuracy they're an Obama supporter..
I have never seen an Obama jacket.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I don't believe you at all. I think you made this stuff up. I say this by your join date(right after the election. many think you are a paid schill). I don't see welfare people with these huge shopping carts full like you say.
The paid shill accusation gets a bit tiresome.

Who would pay someone like Mr. XXX anything to post idiotic threads on forums all day? If you've got money to burn and a political message to spew, there are much better ways to get your message out than paying someone to post inane crap on a forum. Much more likely is that he's just an angry person with nothing better to do.

Now, that said, of course he's making it up. It's like he thinks the rest of us have never gone to the grocery store.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,901 times
Invest in a tin cup and a piece of carboard.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
God...how many time do I have say I'm not JT800...Gee give me a break...
I mean, you have to admit it is a huge coincidence. He starts posting tons of stupid threads a day for months. It abruptly ends election night.

Your account is started in November right after that. (Give a few days for butthurtness, I suppose). Then you start posting tons of stupid threads a day. For months.

I mean it is one hell of a coincidence.

But JT did have laser like focus in his propaganda. Yours is more scatter-shot and anecdotal. Touche?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies