Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 02:18 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement. I'm not hard up for cash in any way, but I have on several occasions watched food stamp recipients check out at the register and it was obvious that their shopping cart "quality" far exceeded mine. Do I have the money to buy all the fancy foods in the grocery store? Yes, I do. Many times over. But, the difference between me and the EBT user in front of me is that I scrutinize every penny I spend (business, personal, or otherwise), which is precisely why I have money and haven't been short on funds in a great number of years.

You're living in a dream world if you think that spending other peoples' money doesn't eliminate impulse spending at the grocery store. No an ounce of reality in your assertions.

I won't comment on the rest of your post.
Lol. I expected as much from you.

I figured you were a penny pincher with your older thread about stalking pregnant hispanic women at a Mickey D's and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post

I figured you were a penny pincher with your older thread about stalking pregnant hispanic women at a Mickey D's and all.
I speak the truth. Which is too much for ya'll Welfare Statists.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
No, we would still get taxed, except the money would go to another program.

When the cut money to one program, have the taxes gone down? No, they just allocated it somewhere else.

Your taxes are never going down, at least not significantly, no matter if a R or D is in charge

I don't get why people are mad at welfare recipents then. I mean did the country as a whole vote on these corporations that reaped billions of dollars in the tax payer money? Did the country as a whole decide to give the legislative branch an increase in their already six-figured salary, or what car they would drive, or what house they would live in, or what school their children go to? Did the country as a whole decide how each and every penny that has been taxed out of every worker's check is to be spent? I don't believe so or haven't gotten the memo of the meeting we are supposed to have, yet people are pissed about people receiving benefits, and it does not just happen with poor people, although the wealthy and the corporations want you to focus on them, because it's easier to throw rocks at someone already below you. Understand the scammer thing, but hell, every section of work, of government, of fields, in any situation or topic, has their share of scammers and people who abuse the system and their rights.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Quote:
I speak the truth. Which is too much for ya'll Welfare Statists.
Sure. I believe you Mr. Anonymous guy on the Internet.

P.S. - I see you didn't deny stalking pregnant Hispanic women! lol

Last edited by btsilver; 01-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Hilarity

Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
No you haven't.
Yes I have. What is it about a $309 shopping cart paid for by EBT (just last week) compared to our $103 shopping cart do you not understand? We shop for two weeks at a time, and that's all we spend. We don't see the need....nor have the desire.....to go crazy with grocery spending. Nor do we see the need to go crazy spending on junk food. All things in moderation. Which is EXACTLY what is absent from a food stamp purchase. THERE IS NO MODERATION BECAUSE IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY!

If you need me to spell it out in more basic terms, let me know. I'll try to make it easier for you to understand.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Not going to happen.

Government can elminate 100% of welfare and your taxes will still be the same. If people are willing to pay this amount in taxes, why would the government lower it?

Out of kindness of their heart

Well that too, but because they see an exceedingly amount of their citizens are struggling. But I guess that's just blind hope and optimism, be easy on me, I still have some igonorant youth ideas in my mind.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Sure. I believe you Mr. Anonymous guy on the Internet.

P.S. - I see you didn't deny stalking pregnant Hispanic women! lol
I don't give dignity to worthless (and outrageously false) posts. You bring up that thread because you know there's truth to its assertions and therefore feel threatened by it.

Welfare Statists, such as yourself, don't like to be challenged on your ideology. Unfortunately, I have no qualms whatsoever challenging you on that failed ideology.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,023,906 times
Quote:
Yes I have. What is it about a $309 shopping cart paid for by EBT (just last week) compared to our $103 shopping cart do you not understand? We shop for two weeks at a time, and that's all we spend. We don't see the need....nor have the desire.....to go crazy with grocery spending. Nor do we see the need to go crazy spending on junk food. All things in moderation. Which is EXACTLY what is absent from a food stamp purchase. THERE IS NO MODERATION BECAUSE IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY!

If you need me to spell it out in more basic terms, let me know. I'll try to make it easier for you to understand.
The web is full of apocryphal stories like yours. $309 doesn't seem outrageous for a large family. How many folks are in your family again? How many in the family checking out? The price tag means nothing without knowing that. How did you even know it was EBT?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,382 times
Quote:

I remember that thread. It was more than just a little racist and sad at the same time. The gist was OMG I saw a pregnant woman with brown skin that just might be an illegal immigrant getting ready to give birth to a new American citizen.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because they have no food/phone bills among others to pay.
The money they make is their spending money. They don't have to budget in food because they get an allowance for food and their kids eat for free at school.

Heck, even college kids are now getting in on it..$50/week for food, who wouldn't apply to see if they get it ?

You give me $50/week for food and that means I can go back to national brands and stuff I've stopped buying.
This is nothing new. College students have been getting SNAP and Section 8 assistance for many, many years. I am surprised that more do not apply.

Many newly unemployed immediately sign up for SNAP benefits. It's almost impossible to prove that an applicant has other assets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies