Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
You obviously missed the point...The family has to be responsible and live within their means...Its ticks me off when you have these leeches typical Obama supporters spending tax payer's dollars like drunken sailors..
That's not what your thread is about, your thread is about you struggling.

Get a better job and learn to cook. Problem solved
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 01:13 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,216 times
Quote:
You obviously missed the point...The family has to be responsible and live within their means...Its ticks me off when you have these leeches typical Obama supporters spending tax payer's dollars like drunken sailors..
How do you know they voted for obama ? Did you ask them or do you do the same thing you do here and just assume anyone who doesn't agree or look like you is a liberal or a dem ? Would it be shocking to find out many of the people you think of as being dem or liberal are actually conservative and christian ? You say your not a meat eater, so then why are you angry when you see them buying ribs and steaks ? It's food is it not ? Would you rather them eat scraps ? Do you know how expensive food is in this country right now ? I try my best when I go food shopping to get the fresher ingredients and you know what ? Healthier food is much more expensive than junk, perhaps we as a country need to look into why is this ? Why is it that even though our government is giving subsidies to many of these big AG and big dairy companies how is it everything is still so expensive ??

Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,978 times
Quote:

I do see your point Mr. XXX I really REALLY do, but how do you know they are Obama supporters? There are Republicans on welfare as well, and they aren't senior citizens, disabled, or retired vets. From both sides there are people who feel entitled to everything, but that's the government period, the people who hold seats at the Senate believe they are entitled to a raise to their already six figured salary, that the state in which they "represent" should pay for their housing, for their children's private schooling, for their cars, to get discounts and incentives on their very livelihood, yet I am supposed to get mad at the poor for doing this? Basically they are doing what the people who we have voted into office are doing, only the poor are getting a bad rap for it. Even if no one was on any type of welfare, the government will still rape the ish out of my paycheck and leave me scrapping up the scraps, so they can have money to play with and give these big corporations, banks, and to the legislature branches.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,006 times
Quote:
How do you know they voted for obama ?
Well...when they're wearing an Obama jacket...I guess you can assume with 99.99% accuracy they're an Obama supporter..

Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 PM

29,445 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How do you know they are welfare recipients?
Nothing to prove they are or aren't just an assumtion. And I know the phrase about making assumptions. There are many good reasons to make the assumption that they are though, don't bother asking because I'm not going there.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,006 times
Quote:
That's not what your thread is about, your thread is about you struggling.

Get a better job and learn to cook. Problem solved
No...I don't like my tax dollars going to leeches!!!

BTW...I can cook!!!

1,469 posts, read 1,800,978 times
Default Sooooooooo

Quote:
Well...when they're wearing an Obama jacket...I guess you can assume with 99.99% accuracy they're an Obama supporter..

So everyone that you have seen had Obama paraphenilla on them, thus confirming your statement that in general, those who voted for Obama, are on government assistance?? First term or Second term??

2,075 posts, read 4,445,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It just seems like some of the "welfare receipients" / EBT card holders dress better than we do, drive newer cars then we do, have the latest smart phones etc.
I'd say about 40-50% of our monthly take home pay goes towards three things: mortgage/utilities, food, and daycare for our youngest 2. These are three things that welfare recipients get fully or mostly covered. But here's the thing, I wouldn't want my kids living in the crap holes that take section 8, or send my kids to the awful daycares in those neighborhoods. We are also able to put away a good deal of funds in our retirement accounts so that we'll live comfortably in our old age. So while they may drive cars as nice as mine, and have other nice things, I certainly wouldn't want to trade spots with them.

2,238 posts, read 1,443,216 times
Quote:
Perhaps they voted for obama the first time around or it could've just been something they got for free, i've seen people wearing army/navy jackets as well as army/navy hats doesn't mean they served.

46,942 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Wow, this little anecdote just keeps getting more and more believable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies