Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gun owners, would your register your firearms with the government?
I would never register my firearms regardless of a new law 91 71.09%
Of coarse I would register my firearms under a new law 26 20.31%
I'm not sure what I would do... 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Could it be that most people outgrow playing Army around 10 years old?
Sadly, as you have just shown, some people do not outgrow the infantile level of thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Sadly, as you have just shown, some people do not outgrow the infantile level of thinking.
OK, maybe just plain inability to deal with their insecurities.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
actually, there should be no state or federal government registration of privately owned vehicles, that should be left to insurance companies.

people always yell that we require licenses and permits for vehicles, then why not guns?

if you look at it, in most of the states in the USA you can be of any age, and not have a license or permit or even insurance on your vehicle if you only use that vehicle on your own private land.
by those sets of rules, I would go for all sorts of gun licensing, as no government would ever have any kind information on any kind of firearm I choose to buy.
That's how i learned to drive a car.I was 10 years old and driving 3 on the tree in the fields out back of places I lived... had a old plymouth wagon sat out back and I made it go again. I scavenged a battery from somewhere, and did what ever it needed done to just get running, then I learned how to drive it with my friends.

Dad had already taught me about clutching, so it was no big deal, until i was 14 years old and got busted for speeding, with one arm over my girlfriends should on a public road.

The system took so long to screw around, that by the time they started dealing with me i went and got my learners permits and sent that in in lieu of a driver lic...

That act delayed my driver's lic 6 months, but i didn't care because i never stopped driving on the public roads since...

These paper Tiger Laws only make sheep 'feel good'. Like Sheep thought Biden's AWB of 1994 did something, so the sheep put their heads back down to graze...

Sheep are seriously stupid creatures. I have scared 2 to death before. All you do is be some place they don't expect you to be and they simply keel over dead. Never ever raise your voice and say BOO to a sheep because you will kill it.. never fan your arms at one either, not even if it is outside it's pen.... That's how I killed my 2 sheep, trying to get them safe inside their pen.

Sheep can't tell the difference between a herding dog and a wolf....

Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times
Quote:
OK, maybe just plain inability to deal with their insecurities.
For someone who is in their 60's, it's a true mystery as to how you actually made it this far with the lack of intelligence and maturity that you have shown in this thread.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That's how i learned to drive a car.I was 10 years old and driving 3 on the tree in the fields out back of places I lived... had a old plymouth wagon sat out back and I made it go again. I scavenged a battery from somewhere, and did what ever it needed done to just get running, then I learned how to drive it with my friends.

Dad had already taught me about clutching, so it was no big deal, until i was 14 years old and got busted for speeding, with one arm over my girlfriends should on a public road.

The system took so long to screw around, that by the time they started dealing with me i went and got my learners permits and sent that in in lieu of a driver lic...

That act delayed my driver's lic 6 months, but i didn't care because i never stopped driving on the public roads since...

These paper Tiger Laws only make sheep 'feel good'. Like Sheep thought Biden's AWB of 1994 did something, so the sheep put their heads back down to graze...

Sheep are seriously stupid creatures. I have scared 2 to death before. All you do is be some place they don't expect you to be and they simply keel over dead. Never ever raise your voice and say BOO to a sheep because you will kill it.. never fan your arms at one either, not even if it is outside it's pen.... That's how I killed my 2 sheep, trying to get them safe inside their pen.

Sheep can't tell the difference between a herding dog and a wolf....
What? You mean all we have had to do when confronted by a FOX(viewer) is wave our arms? Now you tell us?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I spent time in Fla..... There is way too much sunshine there... it does something to people who stay there too long.... That and the booze most fla people swill down...

Bob is at that level where if he had a gun it would be more danger to him and his own than it would to any bad guy. His whole chance at the rest of life is on his knees begging and pleading. Hoping the cops will come

Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
What? You mean all we have had to do when confronted by a FOX(viewer) is wave our arms? Now you tell us?
Bob, You have it backwards...... Don't be waving your arms at those who watch Communist News Net or MSN!

Just because your mind is baked and you have no need of your Rights, doesn't mean you can just take mine.

I don't put on pants until I am armed, so what would i be afraid of? Hell if you were to threaten my wife or my life, one of us would simply shoot you and go about our lives..

I doubt i would bother to dial 911 ever.. But we do have lots of coyotes here. I mean just make that much fuss and muss over a bad guy..

Cops don't like all that paper work either, when they can be setting about down to Dunkin Donut's.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
For someone who is in their 60's, it's a true mystery as to how you actually made it this far with the lack of intelligence and maturity that you have shown in this thread.
Let's give it a try ...

Rowan waving arms - YouTube

Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Don't be gittin' down on us old boys in their 60s

I still do sit ups, run, and go x-c skiing for miles any chances I get.. and i get plenty of chances!

I have been to lake george 18th century tacticals where 20 somethings discovered I have been out many hours (most of the night) running the Mt Ridge line spying on the Brits or raising hell in their camps, and these kids want to try an tag along with me from the time they find out I am having a better time than they are

This is in late Oct ice in the bucket sort of weatha'. It goes on 10 days and there is NO Modern camping gear allowed period. If something wasn't around in 1750/ 1762 you can't have it

Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 AM

This kid is lucky he didn't KILL every last sheep

Sheep Scare - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies