Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gun owners, would your register your firearms with the government?
I would never register my firearms regardless of a new law 91 71.09%
Of coarse I would register my firearms under a new law 26 20.31%
I'm not sure what I would do... 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,915 times
Guns? What guns? I don't have any guns?

Old 01-20-2013, 08:21 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Did I say anything about limiting your freedom of speech? In fact I want more gun nuts to get out there and expose the public to your group fears and insanity and plots of violence against federal law enforcement agents. I think it will clarify things.

If you think the military won't follow orders then you are living in a fantasy world. More importantly, if you think the military won't follow orders then you are looking at a military coup and America becoming a military state. This turn of events woud be horrible for your freedoms. Politicians can be voted out. A military thatvtakes control cannot. But keep dreaming gun nut.

actually, if the military decides that any orders coming out of washington dc are illegal, they would sit it out. they would let the haves and the have nots go at it, and help pick up the pieces and keep other foreign governments from interferring.

following orders and following illegal orders are 2 different things entirely.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 PM

198 posts, read 167,722 times
Quote:
If you think the military won't follow orders then you are living in a fantasy world. More importantly, if you think the military won't follow orders then you are looking at a military coup and America becoming a military state. This turn of events woud be horrible for your freedoms. Politicians can be voted out. A military thatvtakes control cannot. But keep dreaming gun nut.
I think you need to do a little research on military code of conduct, read the entire constitution, the US Code relating to military law and your state constitution if you are a US citizen.

First of all all persons entering armed services swear an oath to defend the US Constitution and the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. They also swear that they will never fire on US citizens regardless the order from the president or Pentagon.

Both US and State Constitutions provide that the military are to remain subordinate to the civil power.

Martial law can only be enacted by the state legislature or the Governor of the state when the legislature is not available. So the president can NOT impose martial law in any state without the permission of the states legislature or Governor regardless of Obama's executive order.

Quote:
If military leaders decided not to follow orders that is known as a military coup that means the military becomes the government thats not a representative democracy. Gun nuts don't think things through.

Yeah talking of treason and violence against the US is believing in the constitution lol that's gun nut logic.
On this note you really need to read Article 4 Section 4 of the US Constitution where...actually I will save you the trouble of having to find it and just post it here for you to read.

Quote:
US Constitution Article 4 sec. 4:
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
Notice there is nothing within this Article or anywhere else in the constitution or federal law that changes the United States to a Democratic form of government.

It should also be know that Not believing in the Constitution is in itself a tyrannical act. So you might want to think long and hard about your views towards the Constitution and laws of this Nation as they relate to the limits or power.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,864,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Guns? What guns? I don't have any guns?
Que?

No hablo Ingles.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
actually, if the military decides that any orders coming out of washington dc are illegal, they would sit it out. they would let the haves and the have nots go at it, and help pick up the pieces and keep other foreign governments from interferring.

following orders and following illegal orders are 2 different things entirely.
No, the decision of the military to not listen to civilian commanders would mean a military coup. You aren't thinking this thing through. It would be a vote of no confidence in a representative republic by the military.

In your scenario, the US becomes a military state. You think the military that just crapped on the orders of the President and duly elected representatives and the constitution is going to turn the nation and therefore command of the military over to traitors. Lol.

But the US military would follow orders and the idiots running around pretending to be Rambo would either surrender or get killed.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
If the Feds pull that BS it is against the law. The Fore Fathers knew all there was to know about registy as small boats of that day all were one way or another as we ships.

If the Govt wants to create a illegal order they are sure free to try....

I would say about the time tv news reports the confiscation of the first few raids, the raiders will be stop cold, cold meaning they have assumed room temp.

Now the big problem is who will enforce illegal orders....

Let me know when you have worked that problem out...

I have a lot of guns that are older than I am, and i didn't even buy these myself.... prove I have them. Some may not have any serial numbers because they may be that old....

You grabbers are very amusing in what you think this Admin can do, when the reality is it can't get out of it's own way, not to mention IS the best Gun Running Admin ever..

With full auto guns being shipped by the very agents who are supposed to make sure that never happens to me it a riot a real joke....

And you fools still think the BATFE means some thing?????? Hell i just wish they would bring a few full auto guns to me... I could learn to speak Spanish

I don't why you bothered with all that irrelevant word vomit. I lay things out very plainly. If the government requires all guns to be registered, and any person who doesn't it is breaking the law. If that person is found out they will face the legal consequences. If that person reacts violently, lord help them.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh just blow it out your ass........... You are not worthy of the bother.....

I hope you got a life time supply of toilet paper too miss squatter....

Just wait we till get started on a gay registry.......

I wish I knew which chit hole you came from so I could send you back there. You don't deserve to be called American. I bet you never served anything but your self.. ***** off
Throwing in a little gay reference that's usually a sign of an insecure person. Good luck with your insanity and anger issues. Gun nuts are well nutty. Lol thanks for illustrating that point once again.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well since my name, my social security number, and the serial number of my weapon are all listed on the 4473 that I filled out when I bought it and that 4473 is required to be kept for 20 years by the dealer I deem this to be a non-issue.
Good answer, I wasn't sure about this one. If they come to take my guns, they can make some effort to find out what I have without my volunteering to give them that information.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:46 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Everyone will if it were ever to be a law. Internet tough guys piissssss their pants over less IRL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies