Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gun owners, would your register your firearms with the government?
I would never register my firearms regardless of a new law 91 71.09%
Of coarse I would register my firearms under a new law 26 20.31%
I'm not sure what I would do... 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
freedom of speech, even if you say it is treasonous is not illegal. acting upon those beliefs is.

it is not hard to believe that the military wont follow illegal orders, since you just dont seem to understand that most of the military knows, believes and takes the oath very seriously, unlike the politicians in dc.

most of the military shall not fire on american citizens at all, they also wont attempt to confiscate any americans firearms. because they know any orders to do so wuld be in violation of the oath they took.

please also learn this if nothing else. the thing that the military hates the most, is the stupd politician that has no idea of what they do.

please go read up on the tree of liberty. it does seem that alot of americans have forgotten what it means.

Did I say anything about limiting your freedom of speech? In fact I want more gun nuts to get out there and expose the public to your group fears and insanity and plots of violence against federal law enforcement agents. I think it will clarify things.

If you think the military won't follow orders then you are living in a fantasy world. More importantly, if you think the military won't follow orders then you are looking at a military coup and America becoming a military state. This turn of events woud be horrible for your freedoms. Politicians can be voted out. A military thatvtakes control cannot. But keep dreaming gun nut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
1st step to confiscation is registration.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
1st step to confiscation is registration.

dont tell the liberals and moderate republicans that here on cd, they will disagree until the end of time.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
g

Gun nuts are the most easily led group of people. The gun manufacturers and sellers get you rubes to buy a bunch of guns and ammo based on fear and conspiracy theories spewed by propaganda groups like the NRA.

You suckers think the NRA gives a damn about your 2nd amendment rights when in fact they know that gun nuts are cowards who are afraid of the world, who are prone to believing phony conspiracy theories about Hitler, Mao, and Stalin and manipulating your fear and insanity into a profitable conclusion for their benefactors.

You sucker gun nuts get fooled everytime as they con you fools out of your money.

That's being a lemming believing make believe conspiracy theories and history from make believe defenders of the 2nd amendment who can reliably stir you rubes irrational fears into a gun buying frenzy.
You throw around the slander "gun nut" like a KKK member would throw around the slander n#$%@, your bias and prejudice reeks. You call us paranoid yet it is people like you and Feinstein and Cuomo who call for a confiscation, yet you call us paranoid and say "no one is coming for your gun" with a two face.

See, it is not so much that you think we are a gun nut because we watch people like you with vigilance, what upsets you is we are not gullible to go along with you. The ANTI GUN NUTS are the ones that use deceit, lies and propaganda, not us. And you get your panties in a twist because we won't give in, so that makes us nuts to you.

What is the core of a anti gun nut's mindset? Distrust for people's ability to be responsible, emotional illogic, and a desire to control people. We don't get fooled everytime, we can see right through your BS.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You throw around the slander "gun nut" like a KKK member would throw around the slander n#$%@, your bias and prejudice reeks. You call us paranoid yet it is people like you and Feinstein and Cuomo who call for a confiscation, yet you call us paranoid and say "no one is coming for your gun" with a two face.

See, it is not so much that you think we are a gun nut because we watch people like you with vigilance, what upsets you is we are not gullible to go along with you. The ANTI GUN NUTS are the ones that use deceit, lies and propaganda, not us. And you get your panties in a twist because we won't give in, so that makes us nuts to you.

What is the core of a anti gun nut's mindset? Distrust for people's ability to be responsible, emotional illogic, and a desire to control people. We don't get fooled everytime, we can see right through your BS.
Lol gun nuts and projection. Write politicians names. Write the word confiscation, and then go insane with fear and paranoid violent fantasies of killing people. Gun, nut logic is weird. I just want more gun nuts to speak and show the world the insane things you all believe. Please keep it up.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
As a gun owner, I would personally never "register" my firearms with the federal government.. I am curious though, if it were law that you had to register your firearms with the government, would you??
I don't see a problem with it. My car is registered, and I'm cool with it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-20-2013 at 06:04 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Lol gun nuts and projection. Write politicians names. Write the word confiscation, and then go insane with fear and paranoid violent fantasies of killing people. Gun, nut logic is weird. I just want more gun nuts to speak and show the world the insane things you all believe. Please keep it up.
Feinstein and Cuomo project the intention of wanting to confiscate, there is nothing fantasy about it they openly admitted wanting to. And then you wonder why someone wouldn't want to make it easier for them by registering?

I have no intention or want to harm anybody, I'll be happy if my life continues to consist of guitar, occasional target shooting, wine women and song.

But coming from you, to be called a "gun nut" is endearing to me so thank you.

Why don't you be truthful for just one post, say it, "yes politicians like Feinstein and Cuomo propose a confiscation". If you won't admit that, you are either naive or not wanting to admit it. But if I were a betting man I bet you won't admit that, instead you'll try to deflect the issue.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Feinstein and Cuomo project the intention of wanting to confiscate, there is nothing fantasy about it they openly admitted wanting to. And then you wonder why someone wouldn't want to make it easier for them by registering?

I have no intention or want to harm anybody, I'll be happy if my life continues to consist of guitar, occasional target shooting, wine women and song.

But coming from you, to be called a "gun nut" is endearing to me so thank you.

Why don't you be truthful for just one post, say it, "yes politicians like Feinstein and Cuomo propose a confiscation". If you won't admit that, you are either naive or not wanting to admit it. But if I were a betting man I bet you won't admit that, instead you'll try to deflect the issue.
Confiscation is a fantasy but keep believing. The rest of post is irrelevant. Here's the basic reality gun nuts believe in a violent dystopic future. Gun nuts believe these ideas due to fear and paranoia. Gun nuts fear and paranoia then leads them to support insane ideas.

Gun nut logic sucks.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Confiscation is a fantasy but keep believing. The rest of post is irrelevant. Here's the basic reality gun nuts believe in a violent dystopic future. Gun nuts believe these ideas due to fear and paranoia. Gun nuts fear and paranoia then leads them to support insane ideas.

Gun nut logic sucks.
I don't believe in a violent world, but any given day looking at a news report local or international tells me like it or not it exists. Many times in those news reports especially international, the report is about a group of armed people who slaughter or control the unarmed or lesser armed.

I do not base my view on paranoia, I base it on history and the proof that people are capable of being cruel and controlling just as much today as they have been through human history. That is one reason I never especially understand when a selection of people with a history of being singled out for abuse like gays or blacks or jews as a example when they support disarming themselves and trusting government.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:53 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's going to happen. And it's reasonable. Automobiles have to be registered. Devices designed to kill from a distance should be too.
I doubt there will be any federal registry, but if there is it better come with a carry permit for every state including the 7 only Obama knows about or i ain't gonna file...

If then I can't hunt because my guns are registered, I will hunt with out a lic.... I am going to hunt till I can't.

If a govt public servant takes it to task to hunt me, he better expect i will hunt him back

But like i said I doubt there will be a registry... I have a Right, and I don't have any legal obligation to file for any registry...

You really don't get what Rights are do you...... That's too bad.... Maybe you traded all your Rights are for cheap security. I carry a gun that's mu security.

You and the govt may not take my Rights, but you may die trying. That's all the choice you get.

By the way my plow truck hasn't been registered since 2007..... it never leaves the farm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies