Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gun owners, would your register your firearms with the government?
I would never register my firearms regardless of a new law 91 71.09%
Of coarse I would register my firearms under a new law 26 20.31%
I'm not sure what I would do... 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all a state has to do in that instance is not allow the feds to call up that states guard units.
And the feds cannot deploy troops in or into the state without a specific request from the state to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And the feds cannot deploy troops in or into the state without a specific request from the state to do so.

if the states followed the militia act of 1903 which has never been repealed, the national guard would never leave the state, even if called up by the feds.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
Hell NO.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
guess you did not understand what i said. illegal orders and legal orders are something that every soldier has to contend with. otherwise you will have soldiers and officers not being able to use the "I was only following orders" defense. but it does look like you are suggesting that the military use that defense just fine.

the military will sit out any unlawful order thrown about by any politicians against the american people and their civil rights.

even if they do go along with obama, the states and their national guards might have something different to say about it. all a state has to do in that instance is not allow the feds to call up that states guard units.

The orders wouldn't be illegal. If the military disobeyed orders from civilian commanders that is not some neutral choice. Such a choice would be a power play by the military. There is no other outcome but a military state. Keep believing in fairytales

Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So to be clear, you're saying that Hitler,Mao and Stalin didn't do anything and that it was all "make believe"? Just trying to be sure of what you've just said.
To be clear that's an idiotic question

Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The orders wouldn't be illegal. If the military disobeyed orders from civilian commanders that is not some neutral choice. Such a choice would be a power play by the military. There is no other outcome but a military state. Keep believing in fairytales

any order that is unconstitution is illegal. tghat is what you are not understanding. also, martial law is also illegal inside the borders of the USA as martial law would take away all civil liberties and that is where the potus and congress derives their power from. without it, and they have no authority at all, hence they are not even in charge after martial law is declared.

that also means that all orders from the government hence are illegal, and the military does not have to follow illegal orders.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
To be clear that's an idiotic question
How so? You did say "You suckers think the NRA gives a damn about your 2nd amendment rights when in fact they know that gun nuts are cowards who are afraid of the world, who are prone to believing phony conspiracy theories about Hitler, Mao, and Stalin and manipulating your fear and insanity into a profitable conclusion for their benefactors". Did you not?
Your words not mine, I was just trying to clarify what you meant.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 AM

198 posts, read 167,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Where in the US Constitution does it say anything about regulating cars, airplanes, spaces heaters and electric blankets? Yet, we regulate all those thing, and for a very good reason: they are potentially dangerous. We should do the same with guns.
News flash; those things you listed didn't exist when the constitution was written but guns did. Another thing that existed when the constitution was written were people that took responsibility for their actions unlike a large majority in today's population, thanks to crooked lawyers and politicians that want to excuse the criminals while punishing the righteous.

Also while you seem to have doubts about the clarity of the US constitution, there is absolutely no doubt about my state constitutional clause to keep and bear arms. And a background check is a violation of "Shall Not be Called in Question".

Quote:
Montana: The right of any person to keep or bear arms in defense of his own home, person, and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but nothing herein contained shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:44 AM

Quote:
You are in fantasyland. You think any governor or state legislature will not call in the federal government?
You think if a situation got out of hand that the FBI, ATF, and police departments national guard couldn't handle that the military won't be called in?

You dont think that the vast overwhelming majority of the citizens of that state won't want that situation put down?

You think the military won't follow orders?
And you are living in a fantasy land if you actually think the military will follow illegal orders to fire on US citizens. Don't take my word for it, look it up at www.oathkeepers.com I also come from a military family who will stand by their oath as well and take up arms against tyrannical acts committed by any federal agent under order of whomever the president happens to be at the time. Why exactly do you think the government fears returning soldiers from combat zones?

If there is any chance of the US Gov using military action to disarm it's citizens then you can bet your ass they will be using foreign troops, not US troops. And when "Red Dawn" is initiated, you had better believe the militia will take up arms to defend our land.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Tell ya what slick, how about you enlist in any branch of the US military and see how far you make it through basic training when they ask you, "If ordered, will you take up arms and fire upon citizens of the US", when you say "Yes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies