Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:57 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
What if, what if, what if?

Nevertheless he didn't kill 5 people in quick succession with a bat, or a knife, because it would have been far more difficult to do so. He did it with a gun that can shoot 10 rounds a second (or something like that.) So don't tell me that a gun isn't part of the problem here.
Some people are just hopeless.

Are you seriously telling me, that even after arguing with actual "gun nuts" for at least a couple weeks on this board alone, you are still utterly ignorant enough to claim that any "assault type rifle" shoots 10 rounds per second? Are you kidding me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 11:57 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleiado View Post
I'm sure they were responsible guns owners ........sarcasm .........how many more dead kids does the NRA need to finally agree to restriction!

NRA Sets 1,000 Killed In School Shooting As Amount It Would Take For Them To Reconsider Much Of Anything

Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Some people are just hopeless.

Are you seriously telling me, that even after arguing with actual "gun nuts" for at least a couple weeks on this board alone, you are still utterly ignorant enough to claim that any "assault type rifle" shoots 10 rounds per second? Are you kidding me?
I have no idea and I don't care.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
LMAO.

Yeah, those stupid facts! Who needs them?

Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 AM

718 posts, read 1,389,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I live in the safest city in the USA, and just about everyone has guns. Guns are legal here, shooting people trying to break into your house is legal, and you don't even have to drag the corpse into the house.
Are you looking at the news .....do you know that the US is the country where a child is more at risk than any other occidental countries to die from an accidental gunshot ! Usually from the family gun!

Old 01-20-2013, 12:04 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes - because that clip vs. magazine thing really gets to the crux of the matter. Seriously?

When we are speaking of identifying ignorance, this is true.

The AR-15 is being singled-out as a threat to the public because it is used in mass shootings.

The ignorant believe that this is because there is something about this weapon that makes it particularly suitable for that purpose.

The truth is any number of weapons could be used to shoot a large number of people.

The reason this one is so often involved is because it is the most popular rifle in America.

When loons decide to gather up all the firearms they can get their hands on, it is very likely an AR-15 will be present.

It is an effective weapon, but it doesn't make the victims any more dead than the illegal hand guns they use.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:06 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I live in the safest city in the USA, and just about everyone has guns. Guns are legal here, shooting people trying to break into your house is legal, and you don't even have to drag the corpse into the house.
Your safe city (El Paso, Texas) is about 80% Hispanic and, according to your earlier posts, full of illegals and controlled by the cartels who use it as a major drug gateway to the interior of the US.

Last edited by katzpaw; 01-20-2013 at 12:15 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Are you looking at the news .....do you know that the US is the country where a child is more at risk than any other occidental countries to die from an accidental gunshot ! Usually from the family gun!

Have a source?

Old 01-20-2013, 12:12 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
I'm sure they were responsible guns owners ........sarcasm .........how many more dead kids does the NRA need to finally agree to restriction!

how many? when the feds and states get rid of their guns 1st.

restriction leads to registration which leads to confiscation which will lead to something you do not want.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:13 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
And that is the problem: Your ignorance is astounding. And your refusal to learn anything about firearms is even more astounding. If you had any education in the matter, you wouldn't be saying what you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies