Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
And I don't think you'll ever get that Manning is a traitor to his country and should be stuck up against a wall and shot....

Oh well...
Just admit that you don't know, or maybe you don't wanna know, that certain folks are more doomed to harsh treatment than others.....in the military. Niccolo Machiavelli said, "Man is a political animal". He was right.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Just admit that you don't know, or maybe you don't wanna know, that certain folks are more doomed to harsh treatment than others.....in the military. Niccolo Machiavelli said, "Man is a political animal". He was right.
Reminder, thread topic:

Bradley Manning. Stripped of citizens rights by military.

And this is what the OP stated:

Quote:
This case has far reaching implications to all of our constitutional rights. However, by now the white noise of everyday life has erased Bradley from the publics view.
Just where is the word "politics"?

I'll reiterate:

If you want to hijack this thread and discuss politics go open a new thread, but that would take some intelligence and adhering to the TOS wouldn't it?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Reminder, thread topic:

Bradley Manning. Stripped of citizens rights by military.

And this is what the OP stated:

Just where is the word "politics"?

I'll reiterate:

If you want to hijack this thread and discuss politics go open a new thread, but that would take some intelligence and adhering to the TOS wouldn't it?
I think i'd like for you to report this, so we can get a ruling.....because i've shown legal cases sighting your wrongness concerning the military and constitutional protections. Ergo, what i've posted as being tied to "military politics" should be able to stand, under the TOS guidelines. If you just want to hear others say, "yeah, put that rat, scoundrel, traitor scum up against the wall and blast him!".....well, i'm a bit more patriotic than that. I go to where the truth is, no matter where that truth may lead me.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
United States v. Stuckey, 10 M.J. 347 (1981) "The Bill of Rights applies with full force to men and women in military service".

Do you need more?
Blah, blah, blah. All of that is nice and well and while, true, means nothing in this case. He was drunk driving, beating his wife, nor did he commit murder. In those cases, I'd agree with your assessments. However, what he did is release classified information. Information which could have led to the death of other service personnel.

Now, the US Government (notice this is an Obama issue, a liberal? Who said he was going to close Gitmo and hasn't?) MUST investigate to see if it was just a mistake, a foreign spy, or just a treasonous idiot (which it is) moron, who released this information. This type of investigation takes time. The government can't drop the world to focus its attention on one moron.

Now that they have their case together, they are presented it and the traitor will have has day in court. After that, we can hand him.

Now, one thing all your little case decisions didn't show, is military personnel don't have the right too "double jeopardy." Yep, they can be tried in a civilian court, be convicted, then tried FOR THE SAMETHING, in a military court and convicted again. Not too mention: Article 134: General. Yep, well what the hell, we can't nail you for anything else, but you pissed me off, so I'm charging you with 134.

Wake up and smell the roses/coffee. The worm is a traitor and still deserves to die. Slice it and surround it in your limp wristed hippie BS all you want. You can't. He committed the crime and need to fall for it. The sooner the better.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
After Patriot Act/NDAA, he's lucky he's even getting a trial. After all, he would meet the requirements of an "enemy belligerent".

Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Blah, blah, blah. All of that is nice and well and while, true, means nothing in this case. He was drunk driving, beating his wife, nor did he commit murder. In those cases, I'd agree with your assessments. However, what he did is release classified information. Information which could have led to the death of other service personnel.

Now, the US Government (notice this is an Obama issue, a liberal? Who said he was going to close Gitmo and hasn't?) MUST investigate to see if it was just a mistake, a foreign spy, or just a treasonous idiot (which it is) moron, who released this information. This type of investigation takes time. The government can't drop the world to focus its attention on one moron.

Now that they have their case together, they are presented it and the traitor will have has day in court. After that, we can hand him.

Now, one thing all your little case decisions didn't show, is military personnel don't have the right too "double jeopardy." Yep, they can be tried in a civilian court, be convicted, then tried FOR THE SAMETHING, in a military court and convicted again. Not too mention: Article 134: General. Yep, well what the hell, we can't nail you for anything else, but you pissed me off, so I'm charging you with 134.

Wake up and smell the roses/coffee. The worm is a traitor and still deserves to die. Slice it and surround it in your limp wristed hippie BS all you want. You can't. He committed the crime and need to fall for it. The sooner the better.
What years did you serve? And by the way, my wrists are quite sturdy, thank you. The whole "if he'd been the right person this wouldn't be going on at all" thing I said.....also, still stands. The court cases I sighted pertaining to the military and Constitutional protection, also still stand. Trying to act tough over the internet makes you look like a silly little feller. Slice and dice it, anyway YOU wish.....toodles you little mangy poodle, you.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:15 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
This case has far reaching implications to all of our constitutional rights. However, by now the white noise of everyday life has erased Bradley from the publics view.

"Manning faces life in military prison under the Espionage Act. Prosecutors for the Obama administration argue that he is guilty of “aiding the enemy” for leaking information that was subsequently made available on the Internet to anyone, including enemies of the United States. If Manning is convicted, the case will set a dangerous precedent for other whistleblowers, as well as media and watchdog organizations, journalists, bloggers, and anyone who accesses information that the government deems sensitive to US interests."

Bradley Manning Denied Whistleblower Defense. Faces Life in Military Prison under Espionage Act | Global Research
What are the implications to all of our constitutional rights? Which rights specifically? What exactly is your claim here?

How is he a whistleblower? The whistleblower defense is to protect people who expose criminal activity by an organization they are involved with. How was his using his position to conduct a massive and indiscriminate document dump of over 750,000 pages of classified information whistleblowing exactly?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
Interesting discussion here. The issue, however, isn't constitutional. Before being given access to classified information, all personnel must sign the SF312, which is an agreement between the person and the U.S. government. You can read the text here:

http://www.archives.gov/isoo/security-forms/sf312.pdf

The key clause is section 4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF312 p.4
I have been advised that any breach of this Agreement may result in the termination of any security clearances I hold; removal from any position of special confidence and trust requiring such clearances; or the termination of my employment or other relationships with the Departments or Agencies that granted my security clearance or clearances. In addition, I have been advised that any unauthorized disclosure of classified information by me may constitute a violation, or violations, of United States criminal laws, including the provisions of Sections 641, 793, 794, 798, *952 and 1924, Title 18, United States Code, * the provisions of Section 783(b), Title 50, United States Code, and the provisions of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act of 1982. I recognize that nothing in this Agreement constitutes a waiver by the United States of the right to prosecute me for any statutory violation

If you dig into the listed sections of the U.S. Code, you'll find some ironclad language for prosecuting disclosures of classified information. Manning signed this agreement voluntarily and he is now being prosecuted for violating its provisions. There is no 1st amendment issue here.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Manning should be put to death, following his conviction.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Manning should be put to death, following his conviction.

Maybe, if he's as lucky as Oliver North, he'll have his own book published and go on talk/news shows. I mean, Oliver North was a bit of a traitorous scumbag himself, wasn't he? But then again, Oliver North knew the "right" people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies