Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What guns would you ban
All guns, No one needs a gun at all 5 11.63%
Ban all semi auto guns hand gun and rifle keep your revolver and shotgun 4 9.30%
Only the guns that look like modern military guns 2 4.65%
No gun ban. Its not the guns its the culture. 32 74.42%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Really? Then why does the beloved hero of liberals want them banned?

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News
Please educate yourself a little before you post.

Assault rifle has been put on very tight restriction, a practical ban, since 1934 and again in 1986. Read National Firearm Act.

"Assault Weapon" is a term anti gun fanatics dreamed up to describe any gun that looks scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Start your own thread proclaiming what you believe because some are still calling some arms assault weapons, even MSM is, including FOX.

Fontana School PD Purchases AR-15 Assault Weapons To Protect Students
Again and again. Please ignorance is not an excuse.

Assault rifle has been put on very tight restriction, a practical ban, since 1934 and again in 1986. Read National Firearm Act.

"Assault Weapon" is a term anti gun fanatics dreamed up to describe any gun that looks scary.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Default Every gun is scary to some

Every gun is scary to some. Any gun you are looking at the wrong end of is very scary.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again and again. Please ignorance is not an excuse.

Fox News are anti gun fanatics too? Stop with the condescending remarks ok? I know what an assault weapon is, AR does not mean ASSAULT RIFLE!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Question for gun banners, What guns would you allow people to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Would you ban all guns as the NRA says, or just military assault rifles? What if there were shootings with shot guns, are they now killing machines?
Paranoia... the destroya...

The absolute WORST case scenario would be that military style assault weapon sales would be banned, like in 1994. I think it's unlikely that will happen this time.

No one's guns are going to banned or confiscated.

Relax. Take a deep breath. You'll be OK. Really.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would repeal the 1934 Firearms Act and allow citizens to own and openly carry whatever guns and magazines they pleased. However I would require background checks to prevent the violent criminals and irresponsibly insane from purchasing or owning any guns at all. I would also make concealed carry permits effective all over the nation like drivers licenses.

I would also make certain that the person that pulled the trigger was financially and legally responsible for any damage done by the bullet(s). Most importantly I would punish violent criminals that used guns very harshly.

I think that endangers states rights, to regulate federal rights which is constitutional. Liquor may be legal, but each state and county regulates it to their needs. That, I support.

The constitution wasn't talking about fully automatic weapons. I'm not sure how repealling the ban on full auto will help, but please show the research. Legalizing marijuana, for instance, has proven both financially beneficial, doesn't increase crime or use, or hurt folks in a significant way. I'm not sure full auto weapons shows the same benefits.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,393,566 times
I'm starting to change my mind about which guns should be banned.

I believe in responsible gun ownership no matter which guns you own.

A guy with 100 semi automatic rifles locked up in a secure gun vault/safe is a lot more responsible than the guy who leaves his pistol in the drawer when he goes out of the house.

Let responsible people own what they want but also every gun should be registered so that the owner is held responsible for that weapon.

If you want to hide your weapons from the govt. what else are you hiding?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Military assault rifles have already been banned!!! Ever since 1934. Can you at least get some facts straight please?
Hey Einstein, I know more about the term assault weapon than you do. It was not even coined until the German STG44 in the mid 40s was created. An automatic weapon is not an assault weapon no more than a semi is one. So if you want to nit pick and you seem like you do, you are wrong. I used the term because people are using it synonymously with semi auto military style guns. The full autos of the 30s were BARs full sized battle rifles in full auto or M1928A1 a sub machine gun. The Sturmgewehr 44 (StG44) or Strum assault grewehr rifle or gun is the origins of the term. It was new in that it did not use a pistol cartridge as the Thompson or MP44 used in the sub machine guns, and it did not use a full battle cartridge like the MG34 or M1919 used. It was a new intermediate cartridge that had a select semi full auto capability. So if you want to nit pick I can show just how much you DON'T KNOW.

Now the next way you are WRONG, no they have not been banned since 1934. They have been restricted under NFA rules. I can buy a full auto if legal in my state. I can if I have the money to pay for the cost plus the 200 dollar tax stamp and go through the back ground check and wait up to 7 month or more. No they have not been banned. How much more do you want to be shown that you don't have a clue?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,839,053 times
I'd choose banning all except one gun per household, either a handgun or rifle if one chooses to have one, and increase the safety measures on them (locks, etc). And make parents accountable to keeping it away from their kids.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I'd choose banning all except one gun per household, either a handgun or rifle if one chooses to have one, and increase the safety measures on them (locks, etc). And make parents accountable to keeping it away from their kids.
So you would make me choose to either get a rifle for deer, which is no good for turkey or self defence. Or a shot gun for bird which is not so good for long distance deer or larger game or a revolver or semi auto hand gun for self defence which is no good for hunting. You create more problems then you solve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies