Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What guns would you ban
All guns, No one needs a gun at all 5 11.63%
Ban all semi auto guns hand gun and rifle keep your revolver and shotgun 4 9.30%
Only the guns that look like modern military guns 2 4.65%
No gun ban. Its not the guns its the culture. 32 74.42%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Bonnie and Clyde cache :

[LEFT]
Read more: Bonnie and Clyde's cache of guns set to fetch thousands at auction | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[LEFT]
Read more: Bonnie and Clyde's cache of guns set to fetch thousands at auction | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bonnie and Clyde
Bonnie and Clyde in March 1933, in a photo found by police at the Joplin, Missouri hideout Bonnie Elizabeth Parker (October 1, 1910 – May 23, 1934) and Clyde Chestnut Barrow (March 24, 1909 – May 23, 1934)

I take it your post is showing that the public can own a full auto. Everyone but the above poster seems to know this. LOL I can buy a full auto M16 if I want to pony up about 25k and the 200 dollar tax stamp. I think one of the cheapest full autos is the M11 at around 5k and a 200 dollar tax stamp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I'd choose banning all except one gun per household, either a handgun or rifle if one chooses to have one, and increase the safety measures on them (locks, etc). And make parents accountable to keeping it away from their kids.
What about people that collect them ? I collect custom 1911's , so your going to tell me I can only have one ? I have a CPL and choose not to carry my 1911's so I have three different personal protection guns, used depending on varying conditions. I have a rifle (yes one of those evil black ones) that I use for target shooting, and I also have a shotgun for shooting clays with. My wife has a CPL so she has her own revolver. It's absurd that YOU think we should only have one per household.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Sorry I was mistaken. Assault rifles have been practically banned for law abiding citizens but not for criminals.
You still don't know what your talking about. I would quit digging a hole if I were you. When you have your foot in your mouth quit chewing on your toe nails.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Would you ban all guns as the NRA says, or just military assault rifles? What if there were shootings with shot guns, are they now killing machines?
Banning guns really makes no logical sense at all. I've travelled across this country more times than I'd care to count. And while not every trip or every state, I did get to see far more weapons (firearms) than most people imagine. I have pictures on file (and no way to post them on this site, the way it's set up) of guns that range from a little .15 cal "pea-shooter" to sever that make Naval guns (mounted to the deck of ships) look small. A cannon that shoots something like a 12 inch projectile, and it's not military. It's CIVILIAN. With little or not restrictions except that a felon can not own it or have it in his possession. (And, we are not talking about "PUNKIN CHUNKIN") Imagine that dropped on a school or busy shopping mall....

Considering the array of firearms I've seen across this country, firearms that do not come from any commercial manufacturers, some simple single shot, others quite sophisticated. I've seen some that could be carried in public without ever being identified as a firearm, one full-auto with a thirty shot magazine. You could look right at and never know it was a firearm. And, I do not see where any laws will stop all these people from stopping or even limiting their experiments. But, I do see where more people will begin to experiment, and some of those experiments will find their way onto the black market. From there, the very people that you want to keep all firearms away from will be the very ones that will have them. You have only to look at Mexico and the drug cartels.

And, that 12 inch cannon? Where do they get the gun powder to fire it? Sugar. Buying quantities of sugar does not draw any real attention like buying quantities of gun powder would.

Are really going to control firearms? Or are you going to lose control of them altogether? As long as they are commercially available, you do have a degree of control. When they are not commercially available, they will be made in private workshops and you will have no control. I wish I had a way of posting the picture of that cannon from the Nevada desert.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I'd choose banning all except one gun per household, either a handgun or rifle if one chooses to have one, and increase the safety measures on them (locks, etc). And make parents accountable to keeping it away from their kids.
I see....

I'm 6 foot and 200 pounds, and my choice would be a .454.

My wife at 59 inches tall and under 100 pounds would receive more damage from that weapon than the home invader she was shooting at.

How about... With all the people killed in car accidents, suppose we limit only one car to each household?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I take it your post is showing that the public can own a full auto. Everyone but the above poster seems to know this. LOL I can buy a full auto M16 if I want to pony up about 25k and the 200 dollar tax stamp. I think one of the cheapest full autos is the M11 at around 5k and a 200 dollar tax stamp.
You can if you have the money. By the way, only assault rifles made prior to 1986 are permitted to be owned by civilians. So there's an actual ban.

By the way, if over 90% of household can't own it, is it not a practical ban?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 AM

I oppose any restriction on law abiding citizens while does nothing to criminals.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM

Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
I oppose any restriction on law abiding citizens while does nothing to criminals.

I agree, but I see that 3 people disagree.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Please educate yourself a little before you post.

Assault rifle has been put on very tight restriction, a practical ban, since 1934 and again in 1986. Read National Firearm Act.

"Assault Weapon" is a term anti gun fanatics dreamed up to describe any gun that looks scary.
BINGO - and *******s are very easily scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies