Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:09 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Specifically, they fought for the right of slave owners to continue to own slaves.
Why Did the South Secede? | American Civil War

Sure it had nothing to do with taxing the hell out of the south,or trying to steal their property. Oh its amazing that your great president Lincoln proposed an amendment to allow slavery forever....weird huh? Such hypocrites.I take much pride knowing my ancestors fought a war to preserve our rights and ever since then the rights we are born with have been eroded president after president.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM

775 posts, read 741,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Why Did the South Secede? | American Civil War

Sure it had nothing to do with taxing the hell out of the south,or trying to steal their property. Oh its amazing that your great president Lincoln proposed an amendment to allow slavery forever....weird huh? Such hypocrites.I take much pride knowing my ancestors fought a war to preserve our rights and ever since then the rights we are born with have been eroded president after president.
[MOD CUT]

The southern leaders themselves very directly and explicitly identified their secession over the defense of slavery.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-25-2013 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You dont live in the South do you ???

"States Rights"

"Tariffs"

" Representation in Congress "

" industrial economics vs agricultural economics "

All of which are true, but they all involve slavery, but you couldnt get most Southerners to admit that, liberal or conservative.
To the person obsessed with slavery, the story of creation is--- in the beginning there was slavery and then God created the light.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:11 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,961,338 times
This same old crap is getting old. Slavery ended over 150 years ago. Let it go for Gods sake.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,469,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Slavery ended over 150 years ago.
... and so did the Confederacy, but some people just can't let it go.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You dont live in the South do you ???

"States Rights"

"Tariffs"

" Representation in Congress "

" industrial economics vs agricultural economics "

All of which are true, but they all involve slavery, but you couldnt get most Southerners to admit that, liberal or conservative.
I doubt he does. His kind aren't welcome in the south. Unless you were born and raised here the way southerners feel about the southland can not be explained to anyone....you would have to be born and raised down here.I love the south and will never leave it.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
... and so did the Confederacy, but some people just can't let it go.
Lee surrendered the military,The CSA still exists in our minds and our hearts. You think we pledge allegiance to the tyrannical states of america? I think not. My heart skips a beat when I see my stars and bars flying or I hear dixie playing. I pledge allegiance to my family,race,then country.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I doubt he does. His kind aren't welcome in the south. Unless you were born and raised here the way southerners feel about the southland can not be explained to anyone....you would have to be born and raised down here.
Millions of slaves, and their descendants, were also born in the South. I don't think they're big fans of the Peculiar Institution, but maybe I'm wrong and black people really are nostalgic for slavery and wish Lincoln hadn't freed their ancestors. I wasn't born and raised there, so I guess I just don't understand.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM

775 posts, read 741,685 times
Quote:
Lee surrendered the military,The CSA still exists in our minds and our hearts. You think we pledge allegiance to the tyrannical states of america? I think not. My heart skips a beat when I see my stars and bars flying or I hear dixie playing. I pledge allegiance to my family,race,then country.
I guess you can ignore:

Quote:
Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
So you hate the U.S.A. Isn't that special?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies