Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
How typical. You honestly do believe that I am panting for a chance at combat, of any kind. That type of bigoted, insulting, absolutism makes me physically ill. However, I will cut you just a tad of slack, since it is obvious you have been spoon fed stereotypes for so long you can't subsist on anything else.
The taking of a life, even one who is trying to kill you, leaves a scar. There is no recounting the things that go tbrough your head, in the aftermath. Tbe only, barest comfort there is, is the realization that it was him/ her or you.
You have NO clue, other than the ideology you cling to, and your false feeling of superiority. It leaves me with a sense of complete awe, that someone could be so removed from reality, and view tbe entire world through a prism of unfounded opinions and parroted quips, designed to hold up a shaky moral base. (sigh) ....I truly hope that you and yours never have to experience tbe harsh reality, of which I know more than I ever cared to.
Think what you will of me, and those brothers and sisters of mine, who carry a burden you cannot even begin to imagine. Ours can be an emotional roller coaster of a life, and we know sadness, all to well. But yours is a far sadder life tban ours ever will be. And you don't even realize it.
Well, to each their own. May you and yours enjoy happiness and good health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Paranoia of the left? You have people burying their guns in the backyard because the governmentis coming to take them away.
And you have people suddenly clamoring for an assault rifle ban after the Sandy Hook shooting, and yet none of the guns actually used in the Sandy Hook shooting were assault rifles. So their ban would not have prevented the very thing that provoked their ban. So yes, paranoia on the left.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,856 times
Damn it will be funny, National Guard called out and they decide to use 25mm cannon on those who would want to hang on to their AR15s.
The National Guard would not shoot civilians, may I recommend that you take a bit of history study.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
If they attack our words, we fight with our voice, if they attack our guns, we fight with our weapons.......

Anonymous

Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Damn it will be funny, National Guard called out and they decide to use 25mm cannon on those who would want to hang on to their AR15s.
The National Guard would not shoot civilians, may I recommend that you take a bit of history study.
You think that would be funny?! Your fellow citizens, turned to red mush. Your a seriously deluded individual. I bet you cheef and yell "you had it coming BABYKILLER" when you hear about our kids getting killed by IEDs. Honestly? You think a citizen/ NG confrontation would be funny?
This is the mindset of those who wish the citizenry be disarmed, and ask us why we would even feel the need to be armed. They advocate using anti tank/ hard target busting cannon on civilians, and they want to know what we are worriex about? How moronic can it get? This just leaves me slack. If this person hax even tbe remotest clue what this would really look like, and what it would lead to, it wouldn't be so easy to tee hee about. You want to see the reality of war, up close and on your own street? And you think it would be funny. I think I'm going to puke.....

Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Doesn't matter. Come to MY House and attempt to take what is not yours be it, corn on the cob or my guns, and You will get told to leave, and you will leave. Warm or cold matters not to me.

Next thing you will say is some distortion of the 2nd.... Oh never mind you already have.....

What is it about SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand?
This is well said and I do not understand why it is so hard to understand for some folks.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Live today and hide them away so I can fight another day.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:33 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes. You guys.
No. I mean you guys.
No. I mean YOU guys.
Oh, no, no, no. I know those guys. I'm talking about you guys.
I think revisionistdude would be more appropriate.

I only quoted Reagan, which sent you into a fit. Deflection isn't an argument.

YOU GUYS are routinely absurd, and don't even care that everyone notices.

My guns will never be confiscated, I guarantee this truth.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:55 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
I am no survivalist, whacko, pull my gun out of my cold dead hand type, but a question to those who hautily assert that the might US will quickly squelch any rebellion: How about Egypt? How did that work out for Mubarak. Khaddaffi had an iron hand on Libya - what was the end result? An how about strong men Assad, and the Shah of Iran? How did the Soviet-backed Poland fare when a bunch of unionist decided to rebel? All it took was internal rebels to not only resist, but OVERTHROW these regimes - so don't give me no crap about how the US is any different. The people are a mighty force that an unconstitional and authoritarian US government cannot easily thwart.
What's interesting is that in none of those cases, except possibly Libya, did the dissidents have anything like parity in arms with the governments they overthrew. And Libya hasn't turned out very happily.

In 1989 the only semi-armed revolution in Eastern Europe was in Romania, and it was by far the least successful.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:59 AM

217 posts, read 360,872 times
I like the idea of putting guns on your roof pointed in all different directions with strings connecting inside and a tag "in case of illegal raid, pull." Really works for whoever is home at the time. If nobody is at home, the illegal ATF agents will likely pull it (smart devils, they are). Really a win win defense.

Last edited by nick gar; 01-27-2013 at 04:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies