Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times

Advertisements

men use direct confrontation in their aggression. women are far more skilled and effective with the use of more suble means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,959,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
You need to get over yourself. You are a WIMP - a weak, incompetent, malingering, *****!
LOL but we know who the real wimp IS don't we Wendy

Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
men using direct confrontation in their aggression women are far more skilled and effective with the use of more suble means.
Tell them to stop getting raped and beaten, we won't have to spend money on the court cases and incarceration fees.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:14 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It's against the law for someone under 18 to own a gun.
And who told you that?

Why is it that the most ignorant about existing firearms laws and firearms in general are the most vocal gun control proponents?

Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Or feel the need to own or carry them. They are afterall less able to protect themselves by other means right?

Whether urban blacks or white country boys, gun ownership is mainly a man's passion, fetish really. Hollywood, video games, and the NRA just promote this huge culture and industry of cool deadly toys for boys.

Or let me guess, the NRA beleives women are sadly under-armed, and will ramp up campaigns targeting more female gun ownership.
Why don't they? Well, probably because they don't see a gun as an "extension" of their womanhood.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:18 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Tell them to stop getting raped and beaten, we won't have to spend money on the court cases and incarceration fees.
i would think this experience of brutal victimization and impotent judicial system would make a woman get a gun, and join NRA, but no? by any chance, have you seen the film "brave one" with jodie foster?

Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,981 times
As a female gun owner for almost 30 years, I'm not sure why anyone would believe we don't want guns. Granted, initially I was afraid of guns, but once I learned how to use it, I was fine. I don't carry a gun, but I do keep one loaded (S&W .38), along with a fully-loaded moon clip. Hopefully, I will never have to use it. But, if I am ever faced with a life-threatening situation for myself or a loved one, such as a home invasion, I will not hesitate. Hopefully, I would only wound, not kill. If I did kill, I know it would haunt me for the rest of my life.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:27 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,500,472 times
^^^ Well (in that case) at least you would HAVE a 'rest of your life'.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:28 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
What is the insuperable line? Are we so fearful that we must go about our lives with assault rifles? Why are we so paranoid about self-protection - this "wild west" mentality of defending ourselves? Have we given up on law and order? Should disputes now be settled with shoot-outs? What does it say about our society? Do we need guns to be safe? Do we need guns to be free?

Know this: If you need a gun to be safe, you will never be safe; and if you need a gun to be free, you will never be free.
I am a woman and I carry. Mostly because I live in Wyoming and there are a lot of critters in Wyoming (bears, mountain lions, rattlesnakes, wolves) that I could encounter when I'm out.

I have lived in bigger towns and cities where two-legged critters could cause me harm and I carry there also. I don't live in fear. I'm not paranoid. Bad things can and do happen to good people and the police will be around to clean up the mess but they won't be there to protect me if trouble shows up. To carry is my personal choice, it's a legal choice and I don't need to rationalize or justify my personal choices to anyone. If you don't understand my legal and personal choice, just accept it as something you don't understand.

Re: your last sentence in the above quote. I don't agree with you. In fact I completely disagree with you and cannot relate to your perspective at all. I'll just accept that I cannot relate to your perspective. Allow me the freedom and dignity to live my life as the rational and grown adult that I am, and without trying to impose your personal belief system on me. I will give you the same respect in return.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As a female gun owner for almost 30 years, I'm not sure why anyone would believe we don't want guns. Granted, initially I was afraid of guns, but once I learned how to use it, I was fine. I don't carry a gun, but I do keep one loaded (S&W .38), along with a fully-loaded moon clip. Hopefully, I will never have to use it. But, if I am ever faced with a life-threatening situation for myself or a loved one, such as a home invasion, I will not hesitate. Hopefully, I would only wound, not kill. If I did kill, I know it would haunt me for the rest of my life.

We're very similar. The only difference being that I will not wound only. A home invasion isn't reason enough for me to pull the trigger. Stuff can be replaced. But human life cannot, so while I too, I'm sure would be haunted.. the only reason to pull that trigger is self-preservation. And at that point just wounding someone doesn't seem to me to be the most logical conclusion. The only reason to pull the trigger to me- is a him or me (or my loved one) scenario and in that scenario.. I choose me and my family every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies