Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Oops. Forgot about FOPA...
Ummm don't google FOPA really trust me on this this time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I believe you would find a trust owns the weapon, and a $200 tax was paid by the trust /corp that owns the weapon, which has been signed off by a sheriff and other NFA rulings apply as class III weapons.

That gun probably costs in excess of 15,000 dollars to buy. Full auto weapons are not as rare as people think and NH I believe has more of them than any other state.

I used to work in a gun store that had several sub machine guns for sale and a tri pod mounted machine gun too. During my time none of them were sold.

All but the very large machine gun were locked in a safe and not on display. Some key parts of the machine gun were also locked in the safe, and that gun wasn't usable with out them. No law there, Boss just said so.
The only possibility I can think of is that her dad is a LEO who can legally purchase the gun. On the other hand both need to be locked up in the federal prison as the current law states. :-(

Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The only possibility I can think of is that her dad is a LEO who can legally purchase the gun. On the other hand both need to be locked up in the federal prison as the current law states. :-(
I can buy a full auto weapon any time i can afford it in NH..... and i am no LEO .... I don't know where the video took place... Did it say?

Each year there is a machine gun shoot in Tn.... The plants suggest eastern coast over the west to me, but i wasn't looking at plants and watched the video just once.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
I can buy a full auto weapon any time i can afford it in NH..... and i am no LEO .... I don't know where the video took place... Did it say?

Each year there is a machine gun shoot in Tn.... The plants suggest eastern coast over the west to me, but i wasn't looking at plants and watched the video just once.
Not anything made after 1986.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not anything made after 1986.
yeah that part has me buggered some... don't know

Old 03-09-2013, 10:15 PM

11 posts, read 29,019 times
People who don't like guns don't want *you* to have one. They favor legislation that would force decent people to be unarmed. Their delusion is that no one would violate the law, right? So the focus for the moment on quasi-information that folks like Joe "Two blasts through the door" Biden or Dianne "Vets have PTSD, so can't be trusted" Feinstein spew. Some folks are just partisan- If the Dems favor it, then that's what they follow. (Similary, some folks are convinced that anyone with a (D) after their name has horns and a tail.) Others just don't know, so they think, "Golly, if I had any gun at all, I wouldn't need more than ten rounds, so I don't want anyone else to have that." On a Constitutional level, they're all ready to "re-look" at the Constitution, a euphemism for "Break the Second Amendment." On a nuts-and-bolts level, when you have a crazy person with a gun, just getting rid of guns will solve the problem, right? How can you deal with the crazy person? How will anyone identify who shouldn't have a gun? Psychiatrists will differ, so lawyers will dither. How about the rather large portion of the population who's had a divorce? Should everyone whose ever had a dissolution be barred? What about those folks who haven't yet been divorced but are very violently unhappy with their marriage? A real can of worms, just with divorce. What about other forms of mental illness? Who decides that this kind of mental condition shouldn't have a gun and that kind of mental illness is OK to have a gun? Should we have a long litany of illnesses, compulsions, obsessions and aberrations, saying that a cross-dresser is OK, but a bulemic person isn't? Another can of worms. Well, let's take it to the moral level: Us right-thinking people *know* that the whole world would link arms and sing "Kumbaya" if there were no guns, so let's try for that Utopian option.

"You don't need more than ten rounds" is just the tip of the iceberg. We've got 5.5 years of Feinstein and 3.5 years of Obama/Biden left. Barbara Boxer isn't quite so adamant, but she's political enough not to make waves by voting against her colleague, Disingenuous Dianne. .... Take care!!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:26 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
I caught 3 bad guys in my truck coming out of the woods from Deer hunting. Talk about stupid bad guys.. I was armed with a .62 caliber musket, a flint lock which is single shot... However that .600 caliber ball will go right thru 3 + men easy at a few feet.... These 3 were marched right down the mountain to the Chief of Police's house, and as my luck would have it, he was home playing chess on his PC.

So you could say all one needs is a .620 caliber musket....

But then after 2 cases in the same area in the national forest where I live, there were rape murders where the females were raped and she and the male partners were were killed. (Cases have never been solved to date) At that time i began to carry a Ruger Blackhawk, the older style with out the transfer bar, so loaded i had just 5 rounds in it, instead of 6.

I just have this problem about shooting myself.

Considering most people here have no idea what I am saying, to load such a gun, you insert one round and then skip the next and then add 4 more. Done correctly this sets the hammer down on a empty chamber.

And so I took my son back packing, and we encountered not one bad guy not two, and not three, but 8.

I just walked by knodded a hello up at the height of land over looking the pemmi. One bad guy decided to insult my son, and my son was in a terrible rage because his diapers needed to be changed anyway. I had put off that act until I reached nancy Pond and so had more water not fit for drinking but plenty good to change my son's pants.

The bad guy had seen my son peeking out from the tip of my pack and so entered the trail behind me, to say "That kid's head will look better smashed on that tree'...

The reader will have to excuse me on which tree was the intended, as I never did find out. Instead i turned to face said bad guy, and motioned towards the grips of the gun, which was in a shoulder holster I made.

The bad guy's eyes followed my hand and that stopped him .... he was still warm.. One more step and he would have been cold.. However i was upset that 8 guys and 5 bullets are not a great match and the next day I set about getting a proper self defense gun and now I have more than one.

The number of rounds one needs depends...... The Govt Shall not limit me.. Oh well.....
Ah, here is that magical post I have referenced before.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:44 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Wouldn't you really be better of just getting the hell out of there?
With or without your family?

Suppose there is more than one?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:45 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,515,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Wouldn't you really be better of just getting the hell out of there?
What if I just polished off a jug of Beam or some of that Joe's Cuervo?

It's hard to hit your target when hammered drunk, so I'm gonna need a lot more than 10 bullets.

And wouldn't you be better off just minding your own business, 'stead of mine?

P.S. There is no reason to type "really be better" when "be better" will suffice. If youda been learned up in writin' class, instead of wondering 'bout my bullets, youda knowed that.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:02 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
Quote:
and wouldn't you be better off just minding your own business, 'stead of mine?
+1

The problem is that Liberalism is just another word for NPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

They have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies