Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What, do you wear your gun to bed? Don't answer that, please.
We already had three home invasions in our community last year and one guy shot dead as he was leaving for work. I live in a very nice neighborhood. We went to the police and they told us very nicely but in a nutshell, "Go fly a kite." They can't and won't help us.

I have already done everything I could to beef up the security, just short of iron bars on my windows, which is against law.

What's your solution then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's what I'm asking you, I have read every post in this thread and I cannot find a single posting that states what you are stating....I have not seen anyone tlaking about going rambo, wanting to be the hero, gun slinger, kill everything in sight.....posts....this is why for the third time, I want you to show me exactlly what posts you are referring too....

I mean unless you are lying...to prove a point becuase thats all you can back youself up with?
Ah ok. I wasn't sure what you meant. You're saying that you haven't seen any gun fondlers actually mention the word, "RAMBO," or "CLINT EASTWOOD," or "STEVEN SEAGAL," right?

You're right. None said that. That would be highly embarrassing them for them to admit they're constantly daydreaming being a real life hero just like those movie gun-heroes.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Ah ok. I wasn't sure what you meant. You're saying that you haven't seen any gun fondlers actually mention the word, "RAMBO," or "CLINT EASTWOOD," or "STEVEN SEAGAL," right?

You're right. None said that. That would be highly embarrassing them for them to admit they're constantly daydreaming being a real life hero just like those movie gun-heroes.
SO, you cannot prove anything you have stated....all you need to do is provde a few....that's it...hell you don't even have to repost it, just give me a post #...

Waiting....tic toc, tic toc....

Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
So now we can lie about anything and its the OTHER persons job to prove what we said is true? How asinine is that? Lol....we're dealing with a person who is either delusional, halfwitted or a compulsive liar.

And we've gotten way off topic because of them. The point of this thread is limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds....and its ineffectiveness on criminals.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:54 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Again, you're living a movie scenario in which you're the hero and nothing can ever go wrong with a scenario. You always come out the hero, saving everyone's life. You're talking pure nonsense.
I'ld have to say you are doing the same anytime you go out in those pretty heels and drive a car.... Ain't nuthin' but bait. So far you just got lucky...

I have seen plenty like you driving a logging pung drawn by 2 draft horses out of ski resorts after dark.

Oh a pung is a sled made to haul logs refit to haul tourists at about 20 at a time.

No sooner did i leave man made lights and someone would be very afraid, of the dark, bears, and what ever else scares the pants off city dwellers who only know a artificial existence.

Some wanted to get off, which I never allowed to happen. That ride lasted 45 minutes and there was no way anyone in a panic was getting off on my watch period. They would be dead before they got back to the lounge.

I had a name for them too. Stupid in the day time and criminally ignorant at night. The paniced over bears were really funny.. They always thought the bear would get them, out of all the rest of the people.

First off there is no Griz in NH anyway, next bears are pretty sleepy this time of year and tend to hunker down. Then with up to 26 people if i had any up with me, and sometime the pretty ones could get there

2 horses that out weigh a bear by a thousand pounds each, lights the creeking of the pung, and ME the baddest SOB that ever walked in the Valley of the Shadow of Death! LOL thar's wuz no way any bear was going to get one of my Flatlander Tourists...

As it turned out I never had to worry about that and I never once saw a single track.

Can't say the same working in Spring for a B&B where 2 bears did come and raised hell with the chickens each and every Friday Night

That scared me, but not for me, but for city kids that would go feed the chickens by hand, or see the turkey, 3 pigs the geese, and or the horses all 8 draft and all 22 saddle....

Your Trained Fish Cops told me this damage was caused by raccoons LOL Yeah right, coons rip walls of coops all the time

Well finally it rained and that left 2 sets of bear tracks, and i called your trained fish cops again and had them come take a look at these really big raccoon tracks where i was informed it was 2 bears

Imagine that..... They brought out a big culvert trap and we baited it with dead chicken

These Trained Idiots caught the little bear.

The last time I saw momma bear I was about 6 feet behind her on a fast but very stupid horse shooting rocks behind the bear to 'Dust' her with hot sand right up and over Mt Tyroll on Jackson NH.

Neva' did see that bear again.......

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 02-07-2013 at 12:11 PM..

Old 02-07-2013, 11:58 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
I think that the choice to stay or leave should still be mine,and not be based on how many rounds that my magazine holds.

You had better present some compelling facts that these proposed bans will prevent crimes and will not jeopardize my ability to defend myself. Otherwise, I will continue to exercise my right to own them.

Are you kidding right. No one will ever guarantee you ever, a prevention of crimes will suddenly appear.

The thousands upon thousands of innocent, young and old who have been murdered, and i have two family members that were murdered by cowards, by thugs, by hateful vengeful, scum of the earth.

Will not stop in their quest to kill the innocent, and age does not matter as the ass-hol- who killed my cousin stated.

Nothing is going to stop this madness, and it is not the gun, the gun is a tool, for someone who is sick and twisted, or mentally ill, or plain mad. That wishes to kill, and no one person not even our President, will stop this madness!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Scroll. You have a mouse, don't you?

As for that picture, I consider gun owners that keep guns to be engaging in a form of child abuse. Those families that buy guns for their kids, get photos taken with kids holding guns, all a form of child abuse. Exactly like the Jihadists that teach little kids to use guns and shoot. Majorly f__d up.
Not only did we have guns (rifles and handguns) in the house when my kids were younger, they were taught respect for firearms at a very early age. They were taught how to shoot and went hunting starting around age 8/9.

It was not uncommon for High Schools to have rifle clubs on campus and there were days when we brought our rifles to school.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:40 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
Quote:
. Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua Again, you're living a movie scenario in which you're the hero and nothing can ever go wrong with a scenario. You always come out the hero, saving everyone's life. You're talking pure nonsense.

You make mo sense...you're all over the board!
If we were playing the hero in some movie in our head we wouldn't be saying we needore ammo!

We all know that the movie hero hits between the eyes, every shot....and his gun NEVER runs out of ammo!

Lol..you're so childish and your arguments so feeble I almost feel guilty for knocking them down so easily.

So, we're fantasizing doing what thousands of people actually do every year....okay. If that's what you need to believe....

Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Wouldn't you really be better of just getting the hell out of there?
well, yeah, run right to the firing range and learn how to shoot a gun.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:28 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
You make mo sense...you're all over the board!
If we were playing the hero in some movie in our head we wouldn't be saying we needore ammo!

We all know that the movie hero hits between the eyes, every shot....and his gun NEVER runs out of ammo!

Lol..you're so childish and your arguments so feeble I almost feel guilty for knocking them down so easily.

So, we're fantasizing doing what thousands of people actually do every year....okay. If that's what you need to believe....
Oh good heavens. Yes, I can see you're knocking down my arguments left and right. That's how you've managed to convince me so well, because your arguments are so amazingly rational, well thought out and never based on pure fantasy. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies