Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 12:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Nit sure what your sayin'.. I was talkin' x-c skiin' a aways then floppin on the ground to shoot a bolt action rife and hit a little thumbtack.. Just a tad winded..

I don't think either of them boys has been winded in some time other than the other 'wind' from sittin' on the pot.

The guy with the semi auto got to toss what ever that was up and at that point he was behind a full second anyway.

Lesson: Make the other guy toss something up.. If it a gold piece shoot the other guy first.

How do you know they are any good? I didn't see the target and neither did you....

None of that is my style. Mainly I shoot flintlock, long guns, but I have a flint pistol I built and not from any kit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
Quote:
I always get upset with daydreamy gun fondlers who think they're Clint Eastwood and situations are just got to mold themselves to them, so they can shoot a perp perfectly and be "the hero."
So on one side of your purdy little lips you say we think we can make the perfect shot and stop the perp, but from the other side of your purdy little lips you want to limit our ammo so we then HAVE to make that perfect shot! So...which is it?

You must be the one fantasizing about all of us being so capable as to not need much ammo.

...And you are the ones that fantasize about fondling things.

Another two faced argument you people make is on one side you say we practice and daydream about every scenario but then say we aren't trained enough to actually make a difference...again, you can't have it both ways!

...We either practice, train and visualize different possibilities or we are untrained.

You also seem to think only military and police should have these weapons...well, most of us were military and police in our younger years...now we're civilians with experience, age and wisdom in addition to our training and years of service. ...And NOW, all of a sudden we are according to you whiners, a bunch of unqualified buffoons....

Okay then here's an idea for you: Put a sign in your yard and a shirt on your back that reads anti gun and unarmed.

This way the bad guys will know to leave you alone...and so will we in case the bad guys decide not to.

It's really telling about a person's character when they constantly mock people for saying they will attempt to do something and yet ignore all of the instances where they actually DO what they said they would do...

People like this would have prevented modern flight and many other advances had their mocking victims listened to them and quit before trying.

You are the plagues of society and only promote what ills us: abortion, laziness, corruption and the proliferation of STD's.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
People are getting tired of seeing bodies carried out of schools,theaters,malls,etc. Why is this so hard to understand? I seriously doubt that the families of the victims are interested in your statistics.
Yup, and so it';s time to take care of the Left's evil spawn some how. deal with or we gun owners will shoot them.

You know if you have a wacho kid, so deal with it... Get him on meds and chain him to the friggin wall if you have too. Control your evil spawn, sine all we gun owners can do is shoot them.

Some sings are YOUR KIDS torcher other peoples pets... And act strange, for which the lefty parents ,ake up LIES and pretend these kids are innocent and harmless, which they most certainly are not.

The wacko that stabbed my father in law and his wife to death, stabbing both of them in the teens of times in the chest back arms and hands was well known to be on MEDS (Dammed Druggy) and to be torchering peoples pets and was said to be friggin harmless....

BuLL Chit to that!

That brain dead wacko should have been chained to a bed in a institution, not out stealing knives in stores!

As always PUNISH the NOT Guilty...... And let the guilty go FREE.

Hell this system is so screwed up it would almost be worth it to go kill somebody so i would be free of all the LAWS.. Do a little time get paroled and then you have no more obligation to respect the law or anything thing else.

The left appears to be insane IMO..... They just can't learn for past mistakes and continue to debate ad nauseum the most pointless BS ....

Get DOWN on Crime.... Quit paroling bad guys..... bring back the death sentence and mean it.

Quit pampering your evil spawn and telling them lies about how normal they are... Just terll the god dammned truth for once and quit pretending everything 'gonna be all right', because nothing is alright

Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`m unaware of anyone trying to restrict your right to buy a firearm.
Lies....... and you damned well know it. Fir 50 years the grabbers have been after hand guns, and you know it. If you don't you have a serious awareness issue.

The grabbers just think they have a shot at banning semi auto long guns.. You Don't.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Not exactly, they're trying to restrict large capacity magazine and those often wrongly referred to assault rifles.

Let's face it, if one or two people invade a home, and the home owner has a 10 round magazine for protection, that's about enough, don't you think? Unless some people couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Why does a person need a 30 or more round magazine fully loaded for home protection? To spray bullets everywhere? That's nonsense.
What will you do if there is 16 bad guys at once? Try to shoot 10 with out ever missing in the dark of night, Say Please excuse me a moment while i reload?

These attacks tend to happen in the dark and only a fool will turn on any lights inside his own house...

Do you think you should tell me what size truck I need too? How many cylinders it needs as well, or how much power I might be restricted too because you think you know how to run my life better than i do?

I can tell you how it feels to be attacked by 8 bad guys who of which just 1 thankfully wanted to KILL my toddler son. I was armed with 5 rnds of .44 mag in a six shooter, and Oh Boy did I feel under gunned.

That settled it for me. The next day I had a govt model .45 and a mess of mags. I carry that daily, one of 3 currently, and it has one up the pope and a full stack in the mag for 8 and I carry 4 more mags filled. in double belt pouches.

And still at times i wonder if that is enough... 36 rnds? Really? maybe for when I am out.. After dark home invasion by??????? There is no such thing as enough......

The only way to determine enough is to know how many bad guys are coming, what drugs they are on, how much they weigh, if they have body armor, what the weather is, and how well trained they are, just call that experience.

You let me know since you know my needs better than I do.......

Old 02-06-2013, 01:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
What don't you understand about burglars robbing homes where there is no one, and that the #1 thing that needs to be done is make sure burglars know there are people at home? What superior reasoning ability are you going to have to resort to, to understand that?

The burglary basics:
  • Make your home look occupied, and make it difficult to break in.
Burglary Prevention Tips

Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What don't you understand about burglars robbing homes where there is no one, and that the #1 thing that needs to be done is make sure burglars know there are people at home? What superior reasoning ability are you going to have to resort to, to understand that?

The burglary basics:
  • Make your home look occupied, and make it difficult to break in.
Burglary Prevention Tips

No. what you dont understand is that all (and by "all" i mean "every single one" ) burglars need to be shot. Even if no one is at home.

No protection should be extended to an individual by society during the act of breaking the laws that society has created.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:13 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
I take exception to the word "need". I do not "need" Iced sweet tea with a twist of lemon on a hot summer day but there are times when I WANT it. Hey I'm a southerner, I can’t help myself.

This argument about "need" is baseless.

I have a RIGHT under current law to own high capacity magazines. Period. If you want to change the law, then you need to show cause. Reason. Not some silly insipid baseless argument that I do not "need" them.

I have provided detailed statistics that show these guns in question and their high capacity magazines account for a very small total of the murders that take place in this country. I have heard the president suggest "if we could save one life". Well what we KNOW for a fact, based on FBI statistics and peer reviewed literature is that these same weapons are used THOUSANDS of times every year to thwart violent crime.

We KNOW these things. We also KNOW beyond knowing that the people who have done the worst shootings could have been treated, had we not changed our laws to prevent us from being able to commit mentally ill individuals before they kill. WE KNOW THIS. But instead of talking about that you want to argue that I don’t "need" something that as a law abiding citizen I have every right to own regardless of "need".

Before you start yelling "sandy hook", that shooter had in his possession about 4 weapons that were not assault weapons and did not have high capacity magazines. He could have done equal damage without the .223.

This argument is insulting to intelligent people. Need has NEVER been an part of the equation when discussing American FREEDOM. My liberty was purchased at far too high a price to squander it in an argument about what I may or may not “need”.

My God in Heaven we have become a nation of fools.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

LOl love it! How's THAT for the anti-freedom fondlers...

FWIW I'd rather have bullets left over than wish I'd had more when SHTF!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh really... Well then How Come the x convict violent offender drug addict I ended up shooting said in a very loud voice and more than once I going to kill every living thing here!

I am sure i was hearing correctly before i shot him and that the cops likely did since I had them on the phone..

Hmmmm You sayin I should have not shot that SOB, who had served hard time for 6 other offences and was wanted for 6 more....

I was 7 and he even made 8 since I didn't finish him off...
At crime 8 the cops decided to come... And there as I was told by the cops, they broke both that guys thumbs.... Poor bad guy huh?

Lets see he didn't get his way at my place and got gut shot with 300 number 8 lead pellets of bird shot. Then he left and went to some other womans house where he got in and started to choke her baby..

The cops came and caught him in the act and broke his thumbs since he refused to let go..

Was that one of your boy friends? Are you a drug addict too? You sure feel sorry for the poor bad guys and I know for a fact kook females write and even marry bad guys who will never get out of the PEN ever.
Oh for chrissakes. There are exceptions to everything. For example, there are people that are cured from terminal cancer (unlikely but I saw 1 case). There are people who think that because their marriage failed, that all women are bad (unlikely that every woman is "bad.") There are people you become friendly with whom you started out the relationship as enemies (case in point - my best friend). There are exceptions to everything. However, the reason there are studies done, is because there are trends, there are higher likelihoods of certain things over others, and so on.

While your situation was unorthodox, and no two situations are alike, it is a fact that burglars (except for the dumbest criminals and the druggies) will go looking for the easiest place to rob, NOT THE MOST DIFFICULT.

As for my bf, he's an attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies