Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 07:56 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You think way to high of them. If they are that smart, they would be doing something productive.

You also forget that a lot of them are drug addicts and most likely high during their crime.

Here's a nice article for you to enjoy. It's called "Frank Faizones Story"

Sanford Strong / At Home
I had posted a link to a police department. If you'd like I can post endless police dept links on burglary and why burglars choose homes at the time the residents are away. But nah. You prefer to think they're all waiting till you're there to rob your home. Maybe they wait around till they see your car pull up, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I had posted a link to a police department. If you'd like I can post endless police dept links on burglary and why burglars choose homes at the time the residents are away. But nah. You prefer to think they're all waiting till you're there to rob your home. Maybe they wait around till they see your car pull up, huh?
Are you some kind of psychic? I can't anticipate my future. Maybe you can.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I take exception to the word "need". I do not "need" Iced sweet tea with a twist of lemon on a hot summer day but there are times when I WANT it. Hey I'm a southerner, I can’t help myself.

This argument about "need" is baseless.

I have a RIGHT under current law to own high capacity magazines. Period. If you want to change the law, then you need to show cause. Reason. Not some silly insipid baseless argument that I do not "need" them.

I have provided detailed statistics that show these guns in question and their high capacity magazines account for a very small total of the murders that take place in this country. I have heard the president suggest "if we could save one life". Well what we KNOW for a fact, based on FBI statistics and peer reviewed literature is that these same weapons are used THOUSANDS of times every year to thwart violent crime.

We KNOW these things. We also KNOW beyond knowing that the people who have done the worst shootings could have been treated, had we not changed our laws to prevent us from being able to commit mentally ill individuals before they kill. WE KNOW THIS. But instead of talking about that you want to argue that I don’t "need" something that as a law abiding citizen I have every right to own regardless of "need".

Before you start yelling "sandy hook", that shooter had in his possession about 4 weapons that were not assault weapons and did not have high capacity magazines. He could have done equal damage without the .223.

This argument is insulting to intelligent people. Need has NEVER been an part of the equation when discussing American FREEDOM. My liberty was purchased at far too high a price to squander it in an argument about what I may or may not “need”.

My God in Heaven we have become a nation of fools.

Worthy of repeating.......... Thank you.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Are you some kind of psychic? I can't anticipate my future. Maybe you can.
No, but if you don't know what to look for, you might be living in la-la land. It's like cigarettes. Sure, not everybody dies from them, but they certainly can ********* up. How do we know? Stats. Don't want to read them? Fine, don't. Instead, use can choose to use your imagination and make stuff up that sounds more fun and pleasant to you.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
No, but if you don't know what to look for, you might be living in la-la land. It's like cigarettes. Sure, not everybody dies from them, but they certainly can ********* up. How do we know? Stats. Don't want to read them? Fine, don't. Instead, use can choose to use your imagination and make stuff up that sounds more fun and pleasant to you.
Have you heard "Hope for the best, prepare for the worse"?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Oh for chrissakes. There are exceptions to everything. For example, there are people that are cured from terminal cancer (unlikely but I saw 1 case). There are people who think that because their marriage failed, that all women are bad (unlikely that every woman is "bad.") There are people you become friendly with whom you started out the relationship as enemies (case in point - my best friend). There are exceptions to everything. However, the reason there are studies done, is because there are trends, there are higher likelihoods of certain things over others, and so on.

While your situation was unorthodox, and no two situations are alike, it is a fact that burglars (except for the dumbest criminals and the druggies) will go looking for the easiest place to rob, NOT THE MOST DIFFICULT.

As for my bf, he's an attorney.
I will always give a bad guy i catch a choice.

1 with his own cell phone he may call 911 and self bust....... under the point of my gun.

2 I can call and will still hold him under the gun.

3 He can come at me and die on the spot.

4 He can try to get in his car if he had one, and I will shoot out the tires if i can, and for sure break the rear window, to mark that car for the cops.

The bad guy WILL be Held Accountable for his action and if he lives, I will press charges to the fullest extent allowed by LAW.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
Quote:
Fact is, burglars will rob the easiest place to rob. ...And attack the easiest unarmed victim! PRO CARRY! Unless they're mentally ill. Another reason to put multiple rounds into them! Pro Large capacity! A burglar with 2 neurons to rub together will want money and valuables fast and easy, not requiring lots of effort, tremendous risk, and ultimate capture. Yes, an armed homeowner presents too much risk, PRO CARRY! That's why they look for places where the family is off on vacation, or out at work, etc. Or weak, defenseless or unarmed. PRO CARRY!
Ya know, I'm sure you didn't mean to but you actually are making a bit of sense here!

Criminals WILL try to do things the easy way...which is why YOU are now supporting the individuals need to carry!

See, and you didn't even realize you have switched positions...I'm glad you're finally coming around to the logical side of this debate.

Criminals like easy targets and they like to outnumber their targets...which is exactly the point you're making! IN FAVOR of individuals being armed and with enough ammunition to equalize the scene!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Oh boy. So at least you're a gun fondler, just one that doesn't touch them as often. Fine.

And please, don't start with the typical bs about how patriotic you are, and how great an American are, and don't be telling me about your flag lapel pin, and yada yada, bs, bs. There's no bigger amount of crap than the continuous and false patriotic declarationa gun fondlers love to use. To prove something, no doubt.
I was out in the barn this evening after dark. I was polishing and fondling my brass SVEA 123R mountain stove, since i may want it for cooking in the mnts this weekend. I bet that stove is 15 years or more older than you are too. Its older than my 32 year old son.

There was the sound of a red squirrel my mortal enemy, because they chew up the barn bad, and so in the morning i will be out there around sun up with a rifle in my hand...

It's just a matter of time.....

For a wanna be lawyers wife you 'speil' funny....

Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
How do you tell the nice polite burg's from the mean rotten drug infested bad guy rapists?

I just think you had a few too many latte's and think bad people will be nice to you if you are nice to them.

My Washinton DC sister in Law got sick of street thieves trying to steal her purse and the last one she kicked ass on lost one of his 400 dollar sneakers. That fool ran right out of his shoes running away from a short POed woman...

She took that sneaker to a hardware store and bought a hammer and (1) 20 penny nail and nailed that on a phone pole.... wrote on it with a marker too, but i can't use words like that here as they just come out like **** ***

Since DC changed the law she got armed too.

Bad guys gotta learn .......... taking off on her idea if i get a nice bad guy maybe i will just nail him to a tree.

Both hands and both feet.. What he does after that is his choice..... I could skin him alive of course but that would just be mean.

If the system won't do it, which it should, and I do mean be brutal and in public, then I suppose it is up to the people.
Bad guys gotta learn...

Their rights stop right where mine start. Hurt me and mine and they will need to be hurt back 10 fold...

Like i said i have had it with this failed system. The PC experiment needs to be stopped right now.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,661 times
If I miss with the first 10 rounds theres still 65 left in the drum...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies