Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,982,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Have you ever shot at a moving target? Under the most massive amount of stress you have ever been under in your life? Have you ever been shot at? After being woken up at 2am? Do you really know anything about what is commonly referred too as "tactical shooting?"

Why do military persons carry massive amounts of rounds on their person? They are highly trained, yet it takes them many, many, many, many rounds to kill one target. Same holds true for police.

You don't always have a paper target sitting on a target stand. And Hollywood Movies and TV Shows are fake.

Not too mention, what about multiple intruders? Rarely is a home invasion done alone.

Do you know how many people are shot and still live? How many rounds does it take to stop someone? 1, 2, 3, 14? Who knows? There is no "magic formula." Someone MAY go down with one round; however, again, this isn't Hollywood. This is real life. It could take 15, 20, 30 rounds to stop someone.

The problem with this issue is the ignorance of the general public. Yet, they believe they can make statements which hold some sort of water, without knowing anything. Except what they see on TV.
I could not help but ROFL at this one. Seriously? hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 12:21 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
if you cant hit them.....you need a bigger spread with your shotgun
How about a cannon? Or explosives?

Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You seem pretty upset that I was quickly able to produce several stories that made you mocking post look silly.
I always get upset with daydreamy gun fondlers who think they're Clint Eastwood and situations are just got to mold themselves to them, so they can shoot a perp perfectly and be "the hero."

Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Makes sense to me that noise would scare someone about to carry out a home robbery, and would think about it twice before going forward with it. The last thing someone about to carry out a home robbery wants is noise, people awake, voices, people dialing 911, neighbors waking up in a neighborhood in which everyone is home, etc., which is why robberies in homes are generally done when the people aren't there to begin with.
Do you ever research anything, or just parrot ignorant mis-guided talking points.....

Police: Burglars Break in While Claremont Resident is Home - Claremont-La Verne, CA Patch

Elderly woman attempts to shoot burglary suspect | wbir.com

Girl, 17, shot in leg during home burglary attempt - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

911 Call Audio: 'Home Alone Girl,' 10, Foils Burglary by Three Teens | Video - ABC News

Kendra St. Clair: Oklahoma Girl, 12, Shoots Intruder During Home Burglary - ABC News

Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
How about a cannon? Or explosives?
Another baseless talking point that that has ZERO to do with this conversation.....

Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I could not help but ROFL at this one. Seriously? hahaha
I don't find it funny. Please explain.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I always get upset with daydreamy gun fondlers who think they're Clint Eastwood and situations are just got to mold themselves to them, so they can shoot a perp perfectly and be "the hero."
WOW, even when proven wrong you still spew ignorant leftist BASELESS talking points....

So sad..................I pitty you....

Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
I actually am Clint Eastwood.

Most of the people on this thread (all that I have seen) have been stating the opposite of what you claim they argue. If you read the thread you will see that the reason people are giving for having more than 10 bullets is the fact that real situations are very choatic and the presence of fear makes it more so. It's those that argue that 10 should be enough that seem to think things will just fall into place. You're arguing against a point nobody is making yet you continue to assert it. You're actually helping to make the point for the "gun fondlers" as you say but you don't even realize it.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Wouldn't you really be better of just getting the hell out of there?
no.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
I know a lot of gun owners. The mindset of all that I know is that they hope to never actually have to shoot someone but they're prepared to do whatever is necessary to defend themselves and their families. How many gun owners have you actually spoken with about the subject? I'd guess it would be a number starting with z and ending with o. No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies