Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,943,484 times

Advertisements

FAIL thread. As another has observed, Dorner cannot accuratetly be portrayed as a Liberal. But the Conservatives on P&OC need to distance themselves from him by labeling him a "Nut Job Liberal" as if only Liberals can be nut jobs. The main reason, however, that this thread FAILS, is because it really hardly matters exactly what Dorner is regarding ideology. He is now an alleged killer. He is a very dangerous individual. That about trumps any other petty details don't you think?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
It doesn't matter what happened at his "job". You don't go killing people because you got canned.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
This guy was fired for exposing police brutality. Now he's giving the LA cop goons a taste of what they dish out. The cops have already assaulted other innocent citizens, including 2 ladies delivering newspapers, just because they happened to be in a car similar to the "suspect's".

Dragnet for ex-cop wanted in killings spreads across California - latimes.com
He was a psychopath that was fired for lying about an incident concerning his supervisor.

This is truly a disgusting attitude - you think getting fired is justification for going on a murderous rampage?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,787,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I don't know all the facts to be able to reach a conclusion. However, one of the first people he killed is the daughter of the person that was trying to help him in that case which does suggest he may be capable of distorting a situation.

If the police were in the wrong, they deserve whatever legal punishment they get. His chosen strategy has ensured that it will not happen and is killing innocent people. There is no excuse for that.
Look, I don't like or support what he's doing. But you gotta understand he's doing this to make a point.

He lost his job over this. He felt the LAPD threw him under the bus when he made accusations against another officer. You are right, we don't know the whole story. We got the LAPD's story. We got Dorner's story. And we also got the Victim's father's story that sorted supported Dorner's story of police bruatality. And we got hotel worker's story that sorta supports the LAPD's story.

In most people's mind, that's a draw and that means he shouldn't have lost his job over this allegation. Instead the LAPD turned around and fired the guy claiming he made false allegations. How can it be false if hospital records support bruises and cut along with the father's own testimony.

It's too many the actual victim is too mentally ill to remember what happened to him. Than it begs the question; Are mentally ill people screwed when the police decide to beat them up? Because no one would believe them?

Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Yup, and the news was making him look like a madman, not saying WHY he was fired, calling his diary a "manifesto" and such. They didn't tell the truth, they just did what the tabloid media does, not report, just gleefully use hyperbole to take someone down

Just another American tragedy where someone is made a scapegoat to take the fall for the state
Who cares why he was fired. Going around killing and kidnapping innocent people makes you a madman. Let me guess, you think it's the gun's fault, too.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
What a surprise.... I think you only disagree because you want to argue with people

Figures you would take the side of the tyrants who destroyed a man because he exposed police brutality....
I'd rather be on that side, than on the side of a murdering psychopath that is killing innocent people.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
You don't think that he was pushed over the edge? In society, the ones who are on top, when threatened with exposure of their own criminal behavior, make scapegoats out of individuals and destroy their lives. We see this all the time in our great American society

I think he took it out on the wrong people, innocents who were not directly involved.... so he is not right.
But he would have been right if he'd "taken out" the folks that he (and you) feel wronged him? You truly are a sick individual, sir.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
He lists Bush the elder, Powell, Christie, and Huntsman as people he admired. Sounds pretty right-wing to me.
Nice try. The Clintons, Peirs Morgan and Obama are on there too.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Look, I don't like or support what he's doing. But you gotta understand he's doing this to make a point.

He lost his job over this. He felt the LAPD threw him under the bus when he made accusations against another officer. You are right, we don't know the whole story. We got the LAPD's story. We got Dorner's story. And we also got the Victim's father's story that sorted supported Dorner's story of police bruatality. And we got hotel worker's story that sorta supports the LAPD's story.

In most people's mind, that's a draw and that means he shouldn't have lost his job over this allegation. Instead the LAPD turned around and fired the guy claiming he made false allegations. How can it be false if hospital records support bruises and cut along with the father's own testimony.

It's too many the actual victim is too mentally ill to remember what happened to him. Than it begs the question; Are mentally ill people screwed when the police decide to beat them up? Because no one would believe them?
For discussion, let's say that all versions supported him and he was absolutely wrongly fired. There are ways to pursue the complaint and make a point without this. I understand tht he's trying to make a point, and I don't care. It's nuts and his point is now going to be seen as trivial in comparison and lost because of that. Most people that go on a rampage are trying to make a point. The peopl that make a point effectively are the ones that do it without things like this.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,050,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post

If the Hotel Workers story jibes with the LAPD's, then what I'm inclined to believe is that, being a psychopath, Dormer pre-emptively tried to accuse someone ELSE of being the brutalizer.

The killing of 2 people in a garage..who have absolutely nothing to do with the police brutality case..makes it apparent to me that this is a psychopath and not some wrongly accused guy taking a stand against a corrupe orginization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies