Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,042,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Who is "they"? I have 20 something kids. They and their friends all either have jobs or are in school. My friend's son graduated college in December and went on an interview this weekend. He is the only one I know of my friends' kids and my kids' friends who is NOT either working or in school. And don't give me this condescending crap, either, about how that may be true of MY friends and my kids' friends, but it's not true in general. They are a good cross section of their generation.
In general Gen Y are spoiled brats. It's not all their fault though. I blame the school system more then anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Now I really think you're bs-ing. How much did you offer to pay "them"? And who are they, again?
$10.50 per hour and the last was several years ago. Do you think some kid who doesn't know d*** is worth $20?

You're as bad as they are then.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:38 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
They are drunk half the morning AND, or stoned now. They also don't work....not even part time.
Let's see, you do your trade during daytime hours, except in emergencies, that might mean the people you're stumbling over in basements might be working night shifts, right?

You personally check everyone's dossier.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:38 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
In all honesty, OP, your threads are just so full of propaganda and you seem to have some sort of strange obsession with Obama.

You think the economy would be turned around and 100% had McCain won? Even after the 8 CURSED years of George W? If you think that, you are seriously delusional. I'm not saying that I support Obama 100%. But guess what? Americans ELECTED Obama TWICE just like how they elected Bush twice. Get over it. Apparently over half of the country thought Obama was the man for the job. Better luck next time.

Although these hysterical paranoid threads from right wingers never fail to bring a smile to my face so I can thank you for that.
Maybe if he could see Obama nude he would get over it.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
$10.50 per hour and the last was several years ago. Do you think some kid who doesn't know d*** is worth $20?

You're as bad as they are then.
Where did I say anything about $20/hr? I barely make more than that myself! I'm really disbelieving that kids were turning down $10.50 several years ago. That's about what my daughter was making at a day care back then.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, art majors who have good jobs. There is a demand for graphic artists. From what I've been told, you can get graphic artist job with a degree in art.
You have to be willing to start for chump wages though. They are NOT.....

If you offered them $15 per hour, I bet they would turn it down. They have a "entitlement" complex.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Let's see, you do your trade during daytime hours, except in emergencies, that might mean the people you're stumbling over in basements might be working night shifts, right?

You personally check everyone's dossier.
I do my job 24/7/365 son......I've already been out today on a Saturday. Woke up at 6:00 AM to some broad with a noise in her blower motor. LMAO

Quote:
Where did I say anything about $20/hr? I barely make more than that myself! I'm really disbelieving that kids were turning down $10.50 several years ago. That's about what my daughter was making at a day care back then.
Ha, believe it. It's cakewalk compared to what us guys have to do. Be glad to sent them up to the roof on a building downtown if they don't think so.......WHEN it's 5 degrees and or raining.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
You have to be willing to start for chump wages though. They are NOT.....

If you offered them $15 per hour, I bet they would turn it down. They have a "entitlement" complex.
A graphic designer gets paid much more than you are indicating. The average yearly salary for a graphic designer is about $48,000 per year. That adds up to about $24 per hour.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
I can only speak for myself and the people I know, such as relatives, friends, neighbors.

I was working at the start of 2008 but I and scores of other employees were laid off within weeks as the worst Recession since the Great Depression of 1929 hit. By spring of 2008 - G. W. Bush was in the White House, mind you - the unemployment rate was skyrocketing, and I was a part of that statistic.

Obama got into office, I and other colleagues who were laid off got jobs, and here we are.

My niece got married last year and she and her new husband bought a new home in Long Island.

Nearly everyone I know is working and getting on with their lives.

In 2008 I saw the market value of my properties drop, and then re-cover, and now they are on the rise again.

So I say to the OP ... go ahead and give voice to your hatred and contempt to anyone who might have voted for Obama - resort to name-calling such as "Sheeple" etc. - but frankly the rest of us are getting on with of lives, determining what our next home improvement project is going to be, planning our next vacation, and so on.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
I do my job 24/7/365 son......I've already been out today on a Saturday. Woke up at 6:00 AM to some broad with a noise in her blower motor. LMAO

Ha, believe it. It's cakewalk compared to what us guys have to do. Be glad to sent them up to the roof on a building downtown if they don't think so.......WHEN it's 5 degrees and or raining.
Another joker who thinks taking care of children is a piece of cake. I'd like to see you do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies