Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I absolutely think that business confidence would have transformed overnight with the election of Mitt Romney. To understand business, is to understand risk and confidence. It's all about the fundamentals, and Mitt Romney was far beyond Barack Obama in that area of expertise. But who doesn't understand that? Minorities and Millennials. They don't know jack **** about what makes this country tick. They heard "Hope N Change" and saw brown skin and they succumbed to the idiocy.
Ahh I see. So when the voters vote the other guy, the voters are dumb as

When the voters vote your guy, they are smart and made the right choice.

You do know that the millennial group generally have a higher educations right? But of course college has liberal brain washing agendas. So we can dismiss all that.

The economy and the stock market has plenty of positive signs right now. Those "green shoots" many folks tend to talk about are there. The stock market is up.

Your Mitt lost because he didn't answer any questions during his campaign. He dodged all those tax and deduction questions, it was laughable. He lied about auto jobs to China. And his binders full of women was genius.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-09-2013 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Ahh I see. So when the voters vote the other guy, the voters are dumb as

When the voters vote your guy, they are smart and made the right choice.

You do know that the millennial group generally have a higher educations right? But of course college has liberal brain washing agendas. So we can dismiss all that.

The economy and the stock market has plenty of positive signs right now. Those "green shoots" many folks tend to talk about are there. The stock market is up.

Your Mitt lost because he didn't answer any questions during his campaign. He dodged all those tax and deduction questions, it was laughable. He lied about auto jobs to China. And his binders full of women was genius.
Yes, I believe liberal voters are dumb as I have no qualms whatsoever admitting that.

Regarding the stock market, investors are not intrigued by recent quarterly financial statements. No one is loudly and proudly proclaiming that the stock market is leading an economic recovery. Read up.

Your blather about Mitt Romney is just that. Liberals cried and cried over Romney's taxes and "binders full of women"......both of which were manufactured controversies demonstrating the depth of liberal intellect.

So yes, I think liberals are dumb as I'm not surprised at all that these are the items you chose to use to talk trash about Romney. Not in the slightest. Par for the course in Liberal La La land. Because you know....the things that really matter......just don't matter there!

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-09-2013 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: language

Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Nothing new here. It's been true as long as there have been employers and employees. It's about networking, not sitting in your room looking as Monster.com. If you read a job search book you would know that.

Why did you pick geography? Big job market for that?

It won't matter who is president if there are limited jobs for that major. None of this is new to the recession. Jobs don't fall from the sky and most people aren't in their dream jobs or even in the field they want. None of this is new. My parents went through it and I went through it but millenials think it's just them.
I have been calling people. I'm limited because of transportation issues, so the best I can do is call people or look for jobs on the internet, or go to the library to send a fax(whenever I can get a ride). I've never read a job search book.

I picked what I picked because it's what I'm good at. I tried accounting and I did poorly. And there are jobs in my field. GIS Analysts, GIS Technicians, Cartographers, Surveyors, and stuff like that.

This is one job: GIS Analyst

Requirements for education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college (Advanced Degrees encouraged) or university with coursework in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Surveying, Engineering, Information Systems or related degree or equivalent.

Geography is being called for. This job, however, also calls for 3-5 years of experience

Another job: Geography Jobs

Requirements:Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Geography, including course work in GIS. Three years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining GIS databases and systems, including 3D GIS maps and layers, interactive GIS map applications and mobile applications.

To me, it doesn't matter who the president is. Under the Bush administration I struggled to find even a minimum wage job.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,335 times
Quote:
Yes, I believe liberal voters are dumb as . I have no qualms whatsoever admitting that.

Regarding the stock market, investors are not intrigued by recent quarterly financial statements. No one is proclaiming that the stock market is leading an economic recovery. Read up.

Your blather about Mitt Romney is just that. Liberals cried and cried over Romney's taxes and "binders full of women"......both of which were manufactured controversies demonstrating the depth of liberal intellect.

So yes, I think liberals are dumb as . I'm not surprised at all that these are the items you chose to use to talk trash about Romeny. Not in the slightest. Par for the course.
Wah wah Mitt lied during his campaign and you wonder why he lost. Go ahead blame the voters for being dumb. These same voters are pretty much voting the same way when 2016 comes around. Keep blaming the voters. It's a great strategy. 2 loses in a row going on 3.

I didn't come up with binders full of women. He did. I didn't lie about auto jobs going to China. He did. He refused to answer any questions in regards to taxes and deductions. I didn't make all this sh1t up! We all saw it during the campaign, except for you.

Oh yeah Rove and Dick Morris called for a Mitt landslide. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-09-2013 at 04:47 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Wah wah Mitt lied during his campaign and you wonder why he lost. Go ahead blame the voters for being dumb. These same voters are pretty much voting the same way when 2016 comes around. Keep blaming the voters. It's a great strategy. 2 loses in a row going on 3.

I didn't come up with binders full of women. He did. I didn't lie about auto jobs going to China. He did. He refused to answer any questions in regards to taxes and deductions. I didn't make all this sh1t up! We all saw it during the campaign, except for you.

Oh yeah Rove and Dick Morris called for a Mitt landslide. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
You don't even realize that everything you mention here is simply to deflect away from the failures of Barack Obama. You are so entrenched in the idiocy that you don't even understand your own thought process. But don't feel bad....you're not alone. Your colleagues on the liberal left are right there beside you making up excuse after excuse to mask the buyers remorse that you folks are experiencing. Deep down, even you know that you were duped by the sky high rhetoric and downright lies told by Barack Obama. Of course you would never admit that, though. We know that. You're not fooling anyone.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have been calling people. I'm limited because of transportation issues, so the best I can do is call people or look for jobs on the internet, or go to the library to send a fax(whenever I can get a ride). I've never read a job search book.

I picked what I picked because it's what I'm good at. I tried accounting and I did poorly. And there are jobs in my field. GIS Analysts, GIS Technicians, Cartographers, Surveyors, and stuff like that.

This is one job: GIS Analyst

Requirements for education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college (Advanced Degrees encouraged) or university with coursework in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Surveying, Engineering, Information Systems or related degree or equivalent.

Geography is being called for. This job, however, also calls for 3-5 years of experience

Another job: Geography Jobs

Requirements:Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Geography, including course work in GIS. Three years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining GIS databases and systems, including 3D GIS maps and layers, interactive GIS map applications and mobile applications.

To me, it doesn't matter who the president is. Under the Bush administration I struggled to find even a minimum wage job.
GIS is where it's at. I commend you for following that path if that's what you're doing.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
I absolutely think that business confidence would have transformed overnight with the election of Mitt Romney. To understand business, is to understand risk and confidence. It's all about the fundamentals, and Mitt Romney was far beyond Barack Obama in that area of expertise. But who doesn't understand that? Minorities and Millennials. They don't know jack **** about what makes this country tick. They heard "Hope N Change" and saw brown skin and they succumbed to the idiocy.

Bullcrap.

Business has learned that it can extract more out of workers for less, and they will continue on that path as long as they can.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Bullcrap.

Business has learned that it can extract more out of workers for less, and they will continue on that path as long as they can.
Why wouldn't they continue to seek more productivity out of their workers? Any smart business will do that. But that has nothing to do with expanding businesses and creating jobs. Asking a person to do more does not necessarily imply that business growth is non-existent. No one that I know of will agree that business growth is bad for America.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:30 AM

28 posts, read 39,255 times
Quote:
And in today's "world economy" the rich no longer trickle down their $$$.
Yes. It's almost as if they know they have collected enough wealth to last 10 generations. I believe that is part of the reason why the US is almost entirely a service economy. They have enough money to live, and keep growing their wealth through stable passive investments,middle class jobs have shrunk and all that's left are service jobs to take care of the rich.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Two questions:

Was Obama president when the recession started?

Did we add or lose jobs last month?

1. No. However, neither was Reagan. Unlike Obama, Reagan instituted policy change to help the unemployment rate. Obama has failed.

2. We LOST JOBS. Keep in mind that we need to add 200,000 jobs per month to "break even" with new entrants into the job market. Additionally, the unemployment numbers do not reflect those working part time and those who have given up looking for jobs. There are fewer people currently employed in the US now than when Bush was in office, despite the increase population.

Wake up. Anyone trying to rationalize Obama's failures should be embarrassed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies