Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,269,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You will, don't you understand that. Every state has different laws, there are 2 laws that go for every single state, now what you have to remember when I say this, this is for law abiding citizens....

1. You cannot buy a pistol out of the state you claim residence. Period....if you do buy a pistol out of state from an FFL that FFL must send your pistol to an in state FFL. period....

2. You have to fill out a 4473, when you buy a gun from an FFL.

If you don't follow the rules that are set, then you are wrong, call them what ever you want...but in the end the criminal does not care...

What you consider illegal is not what law abiding citizens consider legal.
If someone buys a gun for you in another state that has lax laws and then gives or sells it to you without proper checks, that should be illegal and if that gun is used in a crime the person who gave you the gun should also be charged for the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,230,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Chucksnee, meet lifeexplorer. You two are both talking about is it okay or not for one to buy 10 guns at one time, you two should talk amongst yourselves.

It is obvious you do not understand what an FFL is......this is a person who has paid a lot of money to become a licensed gun dealer and also had the government straight up his ass before he was ever issued that FFL. Yes, they can buy more than 10 guns at a time, you do understand the difference between a person who is a licensed dealer and a person who walks up to the local dealer and say "let me have those 10 guns"? Won't happen....

Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Because the only person you are hurting is not the criminal, you are hurting the law abiding citizen....that's it.

If you cannot figure out criminals don't care about the law, then I Cannot help you.
Well I don't want to hurt the law abiding citizen, so lets get rid of all laws so that you aren't being hurt.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
It is obvious you do not understand what an FFL is......this is a person who has paid a lot of money to become a licensed gun dealer and also had the government straight up his ass before he was ever issued that FFL. Yes, they can buy more than 10 guns at a time, you do understand the difference between a person who is a licensed dealer and a person who walks up to the local dealer and say "let me have those 10 guns"? Won't happen....
Yes there is a difference between a dealer and a person who is buying a gun.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:48 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,012,430 times
Quote:
You will, don't you understand that. Every state has different laws, there are 2 laws that go for every single state, now what you have to remember when I say this, this is for law abiding citizens....

1. You cannot buy a pistol out of the state you claim residence. Period....if you do buy a pistol out of state from an FFL that FFL must send your pistol to an in state FFL. period....

2. You have to fill out a 4473, when you buy a gun from an FFL.

If you don't follow the rules that are set, then you are wrong, call them what ever you want...but in the end the criminal does not care...

What you consider illegal is not what law abiding citizens consider legal.

If you are dealing with NICS it is a Federal BC and they will contact every state you ever bought a gun in. That one instant call gets it...... BC is not exactly a state by state thing but then is is....

NICS does it all at once.... If a state like say MASS hangs up a buyer because agents don't feel like they want to work that day, then the LAW says if in x time (I forget) the buyer gets the gun anyway..

Unless you get denied by NICS you get the gun(S)

urbanlife is a kook, and like most gun grabbers refuses to even try to understand... It;s simple really.

The grabbers think they can get a certain type of class gun and they can't. but you can't make them understand, and the gun they want most is hand guns..

They won't admit to that for the moment, but I bet you know better just like me.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,012,430 times
Quote:
DUH Really? Like the dealer is the store owner or his clerk, and the buyer is the oh well gee the BUYER?

Tell me when you were in Kindergarten did you graduate finger painting class?

Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
If someone buys a gun for you in another state that has lax laws and then gives or sells it to you without proper checks, that should be illegal and if that gun is used in a crime the person who gave you the gun should also be charged for the crime.
It IS illegal, don't you understand that?

Look at line 11a on the 4473 (I know you have no clue what this form is, but here it is anyway)

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

What does line 11a say?

IF you check yes, and you give it to someone else, you have violated the law on a Federal form....thus, you are a criminal....

Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
So you have just proven your entire argument wrong, thank you!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
It IS illegal, don't you understand that?

Look at line 11a on the 4473 (I know you have no clue what this form is, but here it is anyway)

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

What does line 11a say?

IF you check yes, and you give it to someone else, you have violated the law on a Federal form....thus, no a criminal....
Universal background checks would make it easier to catch these people.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
So you have just proven your entire argument wrong, thank you!
I think a dealer should be under even more strict laws and should have to prove every sale and purchase they make to prevent them from selling and buying guns illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies