Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Her son was a long-term ticking time bomb. If she wanted those guns, she should not have allowed him to live there. He was 20, so the state could not make her take him in.
Again, you know that how? I don't know anything beyond what our wonderful media told us. Do you have some kind of inside info that we don't have?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't have a problem with how most states categorize a serious mental illness. Most states say that if you have been INVOLUNTARILY COMMITTED (and that commitment upheld by a TEAM of medical experts) then you are not allowed to own a firearm.

That's my understanding anyway. If someone else knows differently, please let me know.
Seems to me even the shootings were revenge shootings with prescription drugs added. Until we see the shootings for what they are, I'm not sure how their basing their facts on gun control.

Are they saying all gang members are mentally ill????

Old 02-10-2013, 09:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems to me even the shootings were revenge shootings with prescription drugs added. Until we see the shootings for what they are, I'm not sure how their basing their facts on gun control.

Are they saying all gang members are mentally ill????
What? I'm sorry - not following you.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What? I'm sorry - not following you.
The government is mainly basing their facts on the shootings that have happened with young adults, most of these have been revenge shootings or a way to get back at society.

I'm not sure how this even gets put in place with law abiding gun owners. As for your brother even if he is put on a list, whats going to stop him from getting a gun? The Colorado shooter was denied use of the gun range in Colorado. Lanza was denied from purchasing a rifle, yet a rifle was found in his car and he used handguns to shoot the people. Yet the government wants to go after assault rifles.

What if your brother where to choose another method....I'm not sure of the answer to people being sick. I was watching a show on Sacramento Prisons and most of those are mental cases, not people arrested in shooting crimes,most were strung out on a drug of some kind.

School Shooter Attempted To Buy Rifle Days Before Shooting, Was Denied | Saving the Republic: Video News & Opinion

Not to take your thread off track..............
Here's an awful sick case in Idaho....Murder-One Charges in Shasta Groene Case : People.com

This man was out on a $15,000 bond in Minnesota for molesting a 7-year-old boy, when three people were killed in an Idaho home and their two children kidnapped. Six weeks later, Duncan was arrested after he was spotted in a restaurant with eight-year-old Shasta Groene.

He terrorized this state and this family for 6 weeks, in the end he shot and killed Dylan.....how do we stop this??? Control would've never worked.

Last edited by wildflower82; 02-10-2013 at 09:50 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 06:13 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
believe it or not, the sandy hook mass shooting is not the 1st nor will it be the last. also it is not even the worst.

the worst school murders was in Bath, Michigan.

Michigan 1927 school killing was worst in nation's history - North Adams Transcript

Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
believe it or not, the sandy hook mass shooting is not the 1st nor will it be the last. also it is not even the worst.

the worst school murders was in Bath, Michigan.

Michigan 1927 school killing was worst in nation's history - North Adams Transcript
Thanks for sharing this very interesting......even the article said "There's no explanation. Something in the makeup of these people makes them do this".

When people have intentions of killing or wanting to create some shocking thing to society how we can stop it. It seems now it might be wanting to be the most notorious, out landish of them all.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Know your Rep....

The Daily Beast: This is Your Rep on Guns

Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Thanks for sharing this very interesting......even the article said "There's no explanation. Something in the makeup of these people makes them do this".

When people have intentions of killing or wanting to create some shocking thing to society how we can stop it. It seems now it might be wanting to be the most notorious, out landish of them all.

when a criminal wants to murder, using whatever device they want to use, no law will ever stop them from their doing evil upon the people.

now if democrats and republicans would stop with all the feelgood laws and get rid of all the feelgood laws too.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 02-13-2013 at 08:54 AM..

Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am just curious how all of these laws will be enforced..
Me too.

If a person wants a gun bad enough is isn't very hard to make up something, that will fire a bullet. 20 minutes with a Zippo lighter a bit of brake tubing, a broken hack saw 1 screw and a drill and you can make a single shot 22 lighter that shoots (1) 22 bullet and will still light a smoke.

Enforce the Law, such silly words.... Not mocking you I agree...

We are a nation of the inept being lead by the inept, fir the inept..

Once our International enemies have that figured out we won't last long.

I think you know more about that than most Americans.

I also agree with Kathy, in that this system needs to set about and figure what is to be done with the mentally ill and get off the gun laws BS aimed at the Law abiding, because the law abiding are getting SICK of it.

If the Law Abiding quit being Law abiding there will be Blood.

Dorner showed that, and proved it. Had he been 20 men with his skills Cal would still be at war.

The system needs to address x cons and assorted offenders too.

Then the systems needs to get REAL. Which isn't going to happen with Obama at the helm.

Personally I don't see the United States of America lasting a whole lot longer.

We have a internal war going on, and it's just a matter of time before we have another war on our soil with enemy armies.

These sheep say it can't happen here, but it already has many times.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,371,620 times
The US made the top 10! Yeah!

.. oh, but it was for per capita deaths by firearms..

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When will America learn that guns are wrong? Answer: probably once the whole family's been shot.

Peace,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies