Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I know an acquaintance who got screwed by a shady cop. Now, it's not to say that he didn't have any issues, and he was warned to not drive in a particular area, because he knew the cops had a hard on for him. At any rate, he had gotten popped back in the day for a couple of DUI's prior to 2003. The judge told him that one more DUI, and it was a felony. So last year or so he was driving along through the little hick town that he lives near, and a cop stop him, and said he swerved, and wanted to search the truck yada yada. He complied, because he knew that the cop was going to make trouble for him. The cop found a quarter of a bag of weed on him. He said it wasn't for him, but for his wife. Nevertheless the cop accused him of being stoned (he wasn't at the time) and they demanded he go to the station and take a urine test. Well, unfortunately the urine tested positive for weed, as he had smoked a few days ago, and it was still in his system (as you're aware THC sticks to your fat cells which is why it can stay in your system for a month or longer even though the intoxicating effects wear off in 1-3 hours). So, instead of getting a slap on the wrist as for that amount in possession in Ohio is only a $100.00 fine, (you're allowed up to 4 ounces before it becomes a felony, unless you're trafficking) he was slapped with a felony. Now, this cop has been known to be a sheister and in fact when my acquaintance had his day in court, the cop wasn't even there, because he was on suspension. His attorney told him he could have fought it, and won, but he'd have to spend time in jail for up to 8 months until the case was resolved. So, he took the fall, spent to 2 months in jail, was on house arrest, and then had work privileges. In the process, he lost his home due to all of the fines and legal fees. For what? Because the cop who is well known to be a sheister had a hard on for him?

Did he break the law? Yes. Possession of weed is still illegal in Ohio, but something that is supposed to be a misdemeanor should not have become a felony as his previous offenses for DUIs are irrelevant to the current issue. Not to mention that his last DUI was 10 YEARS AGO, and he had stopped drinking after his last one. He said that there are plenty of people that want a piece of this guy. However; nothing could be a worse fate for this cop to someday be sitting in a prison cell being someone's b****! Sooner or later it will come out. I mean for cryin' out loud the cop wasn't there for the trial due to suspension, so what does that tell you?

I didn't mean to deviate, but I've seen your stories before, and it's sad to say that there are some bad cops, and it is time for some house cleaning.
Quote:
I agree. He should have fought it, but he had a wife, and kids, and a job, so he took the plea bargain. Either way he is screwed, because he lost his house to foreclosure because of missed time at work, and not to mention the legal fees, as well as a permanent record. Because of losing his house he and his family now live back with his parents. All over a small baggie of weed, a shady cop (who is well known for being a sheister) and a crooked judge pandering for votes. Yeah, again he broke the law having the dope on him, but for cryin' out loud, he wasn't under the influence and it was well within the confines of a slap on the wrist. Nothing more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
For some people getting fired is no big deal and they find another job in no time. For others it's tantamount to life ending. A lot of Japanese jump to their death after getting fired. For most people it's in between. It's up to the individual person what his recourse will be. Like I said, you don't always have to kill someone to ruin his life.

Being fired from an individual job is not a problem though. Being convicted of a felony and having that interfere with everything from jobs to what you can and cannot legally do is very much a life ruiner. If they did it for drugs, only the more reason to ruin some of their lives.

Hey Zombie, here is an example of what I posted earlier to Mac in this thread about an acquaintance who got screwed by the system. I don't know if you saw them earlier in the thread, but basically he got popped for a small amount of weed, in which should have amounted to a slap on the wrist and a $100.00 based on Ohio state laws on weed. Instead they used his previous DUIs (he had 2 back in 2003 and hadn't drank since then) and turned it into much worse. The cop said that he swerved which was the reason for the stop. This cop has a reputation for being a sheister. As I said, he did break the law yes, but his previous 2 cases from 10 years prior should be irrelevant to this one. I wouldn't however; advocate him going after the cop, because sooner or later it will catch up to the cop, and he'll be sitting in a cell being someone's "girlfriend."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, if I sell drugs and I am caught I am responsible for my own actions. I know that it is against the law, I know I could be incarcerated. I chose to sell drugs illegally. All my responsibility.
The "law" cannot just make "laws" and "consequences" for them arbitrarily. They can't just say if you park in a handicapped spot, that's punishable with execution (to use an extreme example). Well, in actuality they can and they do but they should be met with deadly force in response.

The only laws worth following are moral ones. When people try to enforce immoral laws they should be done away with it.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Hey Zombie, here is an example of what I posted earlier to Mac in this thread about an acquaintance who got screwed by the system. I don't know if you saw them earlier in the thread, but basically he got popped for a small amount of weed, in which should have amounted to a slap on the wrist and a $100.00 based on Ohio state laws on weed. Instead they used his previous DUIs (he had 2 back in 2003 and hadn't drank since then) and turned it into much worse. The cop said that he swerved which was the reason for the stop. This cop has a reputation for being a sheister. As I said, he did break the law yes, but his previous 2 cases from 10 years prior should be irrelevant to this one. I wouldn't however; advocate him going after the cop, because sooner or later it will catch up to the cop, and he'll be sitting in a cell being someone's "girlfriend."
How much years did he get?

Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
So criminals are only the victims of a corrupt justice system? Criminals don't really do anything wrong? They are the meek among our population? Come on. I'm a bleeding heart leftist who supports rehabilitation over incarceration and even I think you are way out in left field here.
I totally agree. Consumption of drugs should not be a criminal offense and should be treated via rehab. Now, those who don't want help....well... I hate to sound harsh, but that is just Darwinism in motion. Now if you commit a crime to get drugs, or kill someone while on drugs, then you should be punished for that crime.

Quote:
YES. Great post!
Thank you.

Quote:
What I'm saying is very simple:

If you're convicted of a felony because you sold drugs and now can't make a living or have the life you want, the people who arrested you and convicted you and sentenced you are responsible. Selling drugs does not deserve jail time, a record, or pretty much any consequence from the "law." This is the case of the "law" robbing someone of his or her civil rights.
The war on drugs is a complete farce.... Hmmm, in fact there are a few "wars" going on that I can think of that are also a farce.

Quote:
No, if I sell drugs and I am caught I am responsible for my own actions. I know that it is against the law, I know I could be incarcerated. I chose to sell drugs illegally. All my responsibility.
True. But personally I find the war on drugs an immoral war.

Quote:
How much years did he get?

Well, he had to serve 2 months in jail, then was on house arrest with work privileges, and is currently on probation. His attorney had enough on the cop who wasn't in court the day of the trial BTW, because he was on suspension (go figure) to potentially fight it. However; his attorney told him that he could fight it and win, but ran the risk of sitting in a jail cell for 8 months while everything was sorted out. So he took the bargain. Nevertheless, he lost his house due to all of the fines and legal fees. So now, he, his wife, and 3 girls are living back with his parents. Fortunately, he still has his job... but still, it did screw up his liveliehood. I believe the felony was a 5th degree felony.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
@no1brownsfan and @green_mariner:

This is an interesting article about drug laws.

The Drug Laws That Changed How We Punish : NPR
Rockerfeller came up with the idea of harsh sentences for drug use, and he based it on Japan's model. This is the thing though. What worked for Japan didn't work for us.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
First off, I'm a black man, however, how is it hero worship? Simple, YOU and your "friends" have the facts completely wrong and continue to promote the false set of facts. The true facts are as follows:

The suspect WAS NOT handcuffed, he was being handcuffed; as in arrested when suspects fight. THREE independent witnesses said the officer DID NOT kick the suspect. An appeals court judge reviewed the evidence against Dorner, including listening to Dorner and his attorneys. The judge upheld his conviction.

Finally, Dorner made the complaint against his training officer (the superior you refer too), AFTER, I repeat, AFTER this training officer wrote a poor evaluation of Dorner, informed her superiors he was emotionally unstable and should be pulled off the street. Furthermore, Dorner was told he was being pulled off the street, THEN he made the complaint.

You don't see an issue there? You don't see how all these nut cases standing up for Dorner, including his completely checkered past, when his exgirlfriend, in 2006, BEFORE he was a police officer, said he was "paranoid" and mentally unstable?

Its hero worship, because people like you and his "fans," REFUSE to accept the truth and put the full truth out there and cherry pick pieces, to make Dorner look like he was persecuted. He wasn't.
What are you even talking about?

I have NEVER stated or implied that I was supportive of Chris Dorner's actions. Actually I think that he was a ticking time bomb as many guys just like him are (I could say more about this but I will leave it alone....for now). So get down off of your high horse and stop attempting to place words in my mouth.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You do realize, don't you Mac, that the vast majority of law abiding citizens have never had anything like the experiences you describe? Ever?

I don't know what to say about the incidents you speak of other than I know they are not typical or indicative of a problem nearly as common or widespread as your anecdotal experience has led you to believe.

Sure, there are a few bad apples in every big barrel and cops can get away with certain things because they are cops. But the majority of guys who eat the hood ornament before they're searched and handcuffed made some real bad decisions to put themselves in that position.
I guess.. I had long hair and was caught in the act of buying a burger at Micky Dee's. The cop was smoking mad because I didn't have drugs ... I was arrested and cuffed on the spot, frisked down, to find nothing which was a surprise since I figured for sure the cop would have been prepared and had a bag of dope to plant on me in his pocket.

Then he drove the BACK of the PD and frisked me gain and checked under the back seat too leaving me chained to the railing. he still didn't find anything. Must been a bad night huh? I mean nothing on him to plant???? What's with that anyway?

So the beating began, and when I wasn't very responsive anymore he dragged me to the street out back and just left me there.

Twice cops watched while up to 6 guys beat me senseless in Boston..A racial thing. 6 guys of a color beating me just because they could... Cops watching and doing nothing.. Typical.

The vast majority live boring mundane lives...... The vast majority does not have 40+ dead of winter Mt Washington camp outs at -40 below at some point in each trip.

The vast majority has never ridden a mc across country once.

The vast majority has never paddled the Allagash.

Why I bet the vast majority has never seen SWAT run away from cold weather..

I KNOW the vast majority have never shot a man in the act of self defense.

Most of the vast majority haven had their in Laws Stabbed to Death inside their own house.

SWAT didn't win any awards that time for showing up in a timely manner either.

I got nuthin' against you....... I see past the uniform, but I believe you cops need to clean shop..

The courts need to clean house too. Any next time I get any summons a the day of hearing or up to 2 days after any hearing i don't think I will just show up on a clerk of courts say so on the phone.

Somebody besides me is going to have to obey the LAW. I am getting very tired of playing victim, and besides I am no good at it.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:17 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I said when this story broke that black folks would make him Django. I find it comical Black posters on here are adamantly denying what everyone can see for themselves, Blacks supporting and sympathizing for a murderer.
Actually, he is getting an awful lot of support from whites here.

Obviously, we don't know for sure what color everyone is (or what sex, for that matter) when we're posting on an anonymous message board, but there are a handful of very vocal supporters of Dorner right on this thread who we KNOW are white.

So, please take your generalizing elsewhere because it's just not the case.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Funny that with all this talk of having to do something about gun violence, nothing is ever said about getting nuts like this guy off the streets and limit HIS access to guns. Lefties want to grab guns, but are coming out of the woodwork to defend this psycho. He's a classic example of someone that should have been caught early as a risk.
What "lefties" are defending him?

I'm about as "left" as you can get and I see nothing - NOTHING - honorable or admirable in what this guy did.

Please make a list of the "lefties" who are defending him so I can "un friend" them.

In fact, I see far more on the far right practically calling him a martyr and saying he was justified - the same people who scream and rant about abortion being "murder."

Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepsis View Post
Tell me about it - I'm a cop, and one time I was trapped in a tower when it was taken over by terrorists (who turned out be thieves) - anyway, the friggin' LAPD didn't even believe me at first! Had to take care of it myself...
I hope you are being serious and telling your truth...... That you really are a officer who has seen the bad side of LEO.

But I can't tell ........ Probably you are just mocking me out and i don't know it yet since i can't see that smug look on your face.

The day I placed a strap dress on the NH State Troopers chest at a school where for a month I was paper contracted to do a living history demo, which happened to be the same day a Columbine, something i had never heard of, the smug smirk went away instantly as I accomplished that.

I would have to say the vast majority has never placed a red and blue hand made strap dress on a troopers chest either.. The other 11 were very glad I didn't do that to them.

I will admit, that at times like that I stand up for what I am about for better or worse.

You see what i should have done was LEAVE and SUE for Breech of Contract, and discover which SHEEP blew me in.

That contract was MY standard contract not the schools. That contract made school authorities inform the police.

Then because the Police are too high and mighty to call some peasant like me back, to say the school made contact and tell me they know i will be attending a school on a given day and won't SHOOT me, it turns out I must call the police to confirm.

It's a good bet the vast vast majority have never done a living history event at a public school, private camp for a public school, library, and or even old age nursing home either.

I doubt a vast majority even have hand made Buck Skin clothing to wear.

Let me tell you! This guy leaning on that tree with a few knives, a couple hawks, and a Nor' West Gun, with a camp set up out of the picture, teaching primitive skill sets, surpassing anything the mundane can learn inside a cubical is one BAD Hombre

So are you or are you not mocking me out............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies