Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2014, 12:10 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,535,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This I'll say: IF things for Black Americans are that bad here in the US: why do most of them STAY here? !

Because they are AMERICANS and have a right to demand to be treated exactly as every other AMERICAN is treated.

Now go and wallow in your sorrows about the reasons why white CEOs clearly hate white men, because you imply such if you think that they treat blacks better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 04:12 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Actually outwardly it did seem like it was a more harsher time for Black Americans, but what you and others did not see is that Blacks were able to thrive IN SPITE of the adversity in our own neighborhoods by doing just what groups who voluntarily migrated to this country by supporting their own. I also find it interesting that you failed to mention the fact that everytime that Black Americans get a leader(s) that united them all under anything POSITIVE they were assinated (Malcolm X, MLK) or jailed under questionable pretenses (Black Panther Party members).

I always thought that it was disingenous for many modern day whites who are quick to point the finger at blacks for the country's social ills but fail to realize their own leaders for their hand in destroying Black leadership.
Can you read?!?!

I brought up the very history of Black Americans supporting themselves and thriving (Marcus Garvey)!

So what do you mean by "what you and others did not see..."?

And I can think of one black leader who is still alive and unharmed that blows away that "all positive black leaders are murdered or jailed" myth.

Finally, whites don't blame blacks for all of the country's social ills...whites blame blacks for being a disproportionate part of that. Whites do plenty to bring this country down (being the majority and all) and they know it.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Actually outwardly it did seem like it was a more harsher time for Black Americans, but what you and others did not see is that Blacks were able to thrive IN SPITE of the adversity in our own neighborhoods by doing just what groups who voluntarily migrated to this country by supporting their own. I also find it interesting that you failed to mention the fact that everytime that Black Americans get a leader(s) that united them all under anything POSITIVE they were assinated (Malcolm X, MLK) or jailed under questionable pretenses (Black Panther Party members).

I always thought that it was disingenous for many modern day whites who are quick to point the finger at blacks for the country's social ills but fail to realize their own leaders for their hand in destroying Black leadership.
By the way, there are a lot of societies in Africa where the people have their original languages, cultures and religions but still produce very little to the world economy despite immense natural wealth (gold, diamonds, oil, etc.). So there goes your myth about the descendents of American slaves failing in 2014 because of the actions of men now dead for over 100 years.

I know I will hear a lot of whining about colonialism but can someone explain why after the late 1950s and 1960s very little progress was made in these now free countries toward modern productivity?

Anybody?

Anybody?

These are very uncomfortable questions that invite censorship from those who otherwise call for "tolerance" and "open dialogue".

Old 01-25-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I was thinking that I was having a conversation with someone who does not leave his house and lives in the middle of Finland

I hope most African-Americans don't go around feeling as sorry for themselves as you do.

If every corporation in America had an all-black board and CEO you'd still find something to whine about.

Who runs McDonald's?

Who runs Xerox?

Yeah, I know...they are just "tokens". Excuse after excuse after excuse.

Racism everywhere and under every rock.

Meanwhile...the graduation classes at the Ivies will consistenly be ~10% Asian even though they make up less than 4% of the American population.

And the beat goes on...

Old 01-25-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
This I'll say: IF things for Black Americans are that bad here in the US: why do most of them STAY here? NO 1's telling those dudes and ladies they can't leave and move to Liberia where white people CAN'T even get citizenship. Sheesh!
They are being held hostage by evil White America.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
You actually told the truth for once. Drug and alcohol abuse in 2014 is a good deal more serious among whites than it is among blacks.

I will let you wallow in self pity so I will ignore the rest of your post.
caribny, whites are doing just fine despite the high rates of drug use in some areas.

What color were all of those dead kids murdered in Chicago last year? And what color were the murderers...white?

Please name the white American community with 200 murdered kids in 2013.

You can't think of any? Why not?

Old 01-25-2014, 04:38 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Can you read?!?!

I brought up the very history of Black Americans supporting themselves and thriving (Marcus Garvey)!

And I can think of one black leader who is still alive and unharmed that blows away that "all positive black leaders are murdered or jailed" myth.

Finally, whites don't blame blacks for all of the country's social ills...whites blame blacks for being a disproportionate part of that. Whites do plenty to bring this country down (being the majority and all) and they know it.
who appointed you the speaker for white people?

Old 01-25-2014, 04:39 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
You actually told the truth for once. Drug and alcohol abuse in 2014 is a good deal more serious among whites than it is among blacks.

I will let you wallow in self pity so I will ignore the rest of your post.
pill popping and meth is an epidemic in many white areas as well.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:08 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Can you read?!?!

I thought that it was interesting that you feel that Marcus was such a great black leader considering that he was leading the charge for Black Americans to go back to Africa. Have you ever wondered why he did not get the following that you felt that he deserved? Perhaps because there were many racist whites who hoped that it would take off. Is this the point that you were trying to make?

Apparently you don't see the irony

The fact that you can think of ONLY ONE Black acceptable leader proves my point. Let me clarify what "acceptable" means. This is a person that is able to mobilize the black community as a whole or at least has/had the potential to do so. This also means that this is not a pseudo black leader picked by white establishment (Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas, Obama, Allan Keyes, ect) who feel like they should be followed by the masses of blacks

I can't tell, especially here on CD since every other political/social ills are blamed on blacks/latinos and pushed by incomplete statistics and parroted by media outlets such as Faux to the dumbed down masses

Old 01-25-2014, 11:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
This I'll say: IF things for Black Americans are that bad here in the US: why do most of them STAY here? NO 1's telling those dudes and ladies they can't leave and move to Liberia where white people CAN'T even get citizenship. Sheesh!
Duh.....because they're Americans. And why shouldn't Black Americans want to stay in their own country and enjoy all rights that any other Americans enjoy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies