Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 05:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

And in the same day, I get turned down for a request for a new stapler..."budget issues".....fine. I bought my own at Staples.
LOL...

Office Space: Milton I believe you have my stapler - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 06:14 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Of course that wasn't the message in the seminar.
Not on purpose, no.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:16 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Who were these indigenous European immigrants?
They came by boat circa 30,000 BCE and earlier.

There were sea migrations from Europe, Africa and Oceania to the Americas starting at least as far back as 40,000 BCE.

I am with a small group who see evidence showing that in response to the Toba Event circa 78,000 BCE, groups began migrating away from the resultant damage caused by the Toba Event --- those east of Toba migrated east, and those west (western Asia, Europe and Africa) migrated west.

Groups from Oceania had settlements in northern Chile. While that region is now a desert, 32,000 years ago it wasn't not.....it was very similar to, uh, say, Oregon/Norther California.

Again, the oldest known skeletal remains in the America of a Negroid woman and they date back to 25,000 BCE. They were located in a cave in what is now Brasil.

The pre-Clovis Culture and most likely the Clovis Culture itself came from Europe.

That culture was destroyed circa 10,000 BCE - 8,000 BCE when either an asteroid storm, or an asteroid or comet broke up in the Earth's atmosphere and caused massive damage. Impact cites are located in Canada, and also along the entire eastern US seaboard. You can look at the Carolina Bays for that.

Those geographic anomalies were caused by impact craters, and they are all up and down the east coast starting in southern Georgia extending north to Pennsylvania.

Doctor Richard Firestone of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is one of the leading researchers.

The evidence so far indicates that this evident wiped out at least two groups in North America; was responsible for the mass extinction of large mammals such as Giant Bears, Giant Sloths, Mastodons, Mammoths and others; and brought the last Ice Age to an early end by destroying the western ice sheet in Antarctica. There is also evidence to suggest that these impacts -- which are being hunted/located using ground penetrating radar from satellites, caused tsunamis in the world's oceans and are the true source of the various "Flood Myths."

One thing is for certain, these Adena and Hopewell Peoples where not "Native Americans."

That were vastly different, not only where they much taller than "Native Americans" they were more advanced on every level, and physically looked different than "Native Americans."

Some, myself included, believe they may have originated from North Africa and may be related to the Bedouins.

Archaeologically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Don't fall into the condescending trap of romanticizing native Americans.

They were not homogenous, did not have the same spiritual philosophies, etc.

The myth of the "nobel savage" is every bit as damaging and disingenuous as depicting natives as "true savages."

Lest we forget that especially in Latin America, "natives" created some of the most advanced, wasteful and brutal civilizations in history flourished, warred, died out, committed genocide, slavery, human sacrifice, innovated, made art and historic monuments.... they are humans.
Good points.

It's disingenuous to use a term like "Native Americans" (snicker).

It's nothing more than typical Liberal Göbbelism. They don't want people asking questions, like why some tribal groups welcomed colonists; why some helped colonists; why some groups fought with colonists against other tribal groups; why tribal groups practiced slavery; why tribal groups engaged in genocide and so on.

Concurring...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Do you realize that at times the Pilgrims did respect the Native American property rights and acquired the land by purchasing it from them? The point being that the Pilgrims understood who owned the land. Sometime they respected those property rights and other times they did not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
All Native American tribes had their own laws, culture, religion, and languages. They lived in different areas of the country, and some moved around inside those areas. We stole it all.
No, you didn't steal it all, and you cannot show any evidence to prove that. You can certainly claim that some tribal groups were forcibly evicted, but not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Maybe we wouldn't be so stressed out all the time if we observed more of their customs and practices. We'd also have a much more beautiful country.

It's never to late to reverse course.
Really, okay, then when does the genocide begin?

Genocide would make your country more beautiful no?

How about slavery? That would make your country more beautiful too, no?

Before colonists arrived.....at least 6 known tribal groups were exterminated -- wiped off the face of the Earth forever by Native Americans.

Those 6 known tribal groups, do not yet include the Adena and the Hopewell, who were totally exterminated in genocidal campaigns.

And sorry, when your peace-loving kumbaya singing Native Americans weren't committing genocide, it was usually due to the fact that they were too busy conducting slave raids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I believe in nationalism but I don't believe in lying.
Yes, you do, and you do a good job deceiving yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Thank you for the refreshing perspective.
Oh yes, anything but the truth.

Quote:
My "opinions" in this thread being the minority does not make them false.
Yes, it is false.

An opinion is a conclusion drawn from facts. What you are expressing is a personal belief, which happens to be false.

Quote:
A large number of individuals in the nation are in denial about the history of this nation.
And you would be one of those in denial.

The French at Fort Detroit were so distressed by the fact that your beloved Indians practiced slavery and their constant slave raids disrupted trade between the French and other tribal groups, that they ended up engaging in "Shuttle Diplomacy" -- going back and forth between the various tribal groups trying to keep the peace.

The tribal groups ended up going to war against each other (the French stood on the sidelines and watched), and the wars didn't stop until one of the tribal chiefs was captured in battle and then executed.

Quote:
Clearly multiple people in the thread share the same view as me. So that would make you the sociopath.
They only proves they are as ignorant of the facts and ill-formed as you.

Quote:
All of this doesn't change the fact the Europeans were the outsiders...
Oh, yes.....you got beat down with facts and so you move the goal-posts......how refreshingly Liberal.

Quote:
...and after wrongfully expelling the majority of "Native Americans,"
The majority were not wrongfully expelled.

You wanna argue that the Cherokee were expelled? Okay, point for you. The Shawnee? Okay, another point for you. The Miami? Sorry, no soup for you. The Osage? Wrong answer. The Cheyenne, Comanche, Arapaho, Kiowa et al wrong answer. The Kiowa Apache? We'd need more archaeological and anthropological data to determine the were forcibly evicted or not.

By the way, the Shawnee inhabited Eastern Kentucky.

Oddly, the Shawnee built and manned forts right across the [Ohio] river where the Great Miami and Whitewater Rivers flow into the Ohio. I used to play in those forts as a kid. We collected and traded arrowheads. It's a State park now.

Why would your peacnik injuns be building forts? I mean, Whitey isn't here yet, so why build forts?

March 20th I'll be biking up to Serpent Mound. It's the Spring Equinox (I couldn't make it for the Winter Solstice).

The Hopewell People built it (and many other wonderful things).

After my beloved Hopewell People built it, your blood-thirsty murderous genocidal Red Indians drove them out and forced them to flee all the way south to Arkansas, where the whole of the Hopewell were exterminated forever....Hitler would have been proud, just I'm sure you are.

Appalled....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I find it extremely amusing to see so many of you with your undies in a wad because someone has labeled you a descendant of an illegal alien.
Okay, how about we label you as a Child Molester?

What, got your panties bunched up?

Labeling (in the greatest tradition of the Left)...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Whatever laws the Native Americans had were broken by the Europeans who invaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
name them.
That's funny. I think the only law they had was the Tomahawk.

Legally...

Mircea

Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Well Mircea..you told them didn't ya

We don't go past the pilgrims because there's no Europeans to put the blame on.
Here everyone thought all these tribes were living happily in peace in the land of Utopia and unicorns until the White man from Europe landed on the shores and destroyed them all.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

They only proves they are as ignorant of the facts and ill-formed as you.

Oh, yes.....you got beat down with facts and so you move the goal-posts......how refreshingly Liberal.

The majority were not wrongfully expelled.

You wanna argue that the Cherokee were expelled? Okay, point for you. The Shawnee? Okay, another point for you. The Miami? Sorry, no soup for you. The Osage? Wrong answer. The Cheyenne, Comanche, Arapaho, Kiowa et al wrong answer. The Kiowa Apache? We'd need more archaeological and anthropological data to determine the were forcibly evicted or not.

By the way, the Shawnee inhabited Eastern Kentucky.

Oddly, the Shawnee built and manned forts right across the [Ohio] river where the Great Miami and Whitewater Rivers flow into the Ohio. I used to play in those forts as a kid. We collected and traded arrowheads. It's a State park now.

Why would your peacnik injuns be building forts? I mean, Whitey isn't here yet, so why build forts?

March 20th I'll be biking up to Serpent Mound. It's the Spring Equinox (I couldn't make it for the Winter Solstice).

The Hopewell People built it (and many other wonderful things).

After my beloved Hopewell People built it, your blood-thirsty murderous genocidal Red Indians drove them out and forced them to flee all the way south to Arkansas, where the whole of the Hopewell were exterminated forever....Hitler would have been proud, just I'm sure you are.

Appalled....

Mircea
Try again. I'm a conservative that isn't swayed by the false theories spewed by people like you who choose to remain in denial. LOL@ beat down with facts. The only thing you are doing with all of your talking is establishing all of those whom where here FIRST.

LOL!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:10 PM

198 posts, read 167,664 times
How can thepilgrims be illegal aliens if there were no laws for immigration when they settled the Americas?
And WTF does immigration or pilgrims have to do with the US Department of Agriculture? Yet again Gov agencies wasting tax payer money to do research that has nothing to do with their department or job description.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
The point of the Pilgrim reference was assert that at one time the Pilgrims where the minority and the alien in land that now makes up the United States. Eventually they became the dominate cultural group.

He referenced the following Bible passage.

Leviticus 19:33-34

33 When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. 34 The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

In the context of the seminar he was referring to how you should treat the stranger (alien) or someone not from the dominant culture who is working in your organization. You should treat them as you would want to be treated.

Pretty radical concept.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:19 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
And yet, when a Native American (American Indian) is asked "Who built the Medicine Wheel in Northern Wyoming?" the answer is "Those who came before!"
What happened to "those who came before"?
No answer.
Probable answer: They were either assimilated or killed off.
By whom?
Why, by the Native Americans, who invaded THEIR lands, that's who.
EVEN THE SO-CALLED "NATIVE AMERICANS" WERE IMMIGRANTS! That's right, ILLEGAL immigrants, because they were NOT invited!
They just got here a few thousand years earlier than the Europeans!
But then, we really don't KNOW when the first Europeans came to the Americas.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times

Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Right. You walked out of a required class? Really? And some loon in that class yelled at you for being a white male? Told you about "atoning for your sins?" LOL... You DO realize that your story is simply too perfect, right?
I guess not many here on C/D work for large corporations. White males may have much of the power in business, but they are also the targets of lawsuits, which corporations will spend billions to prevent.

The level of corporate commitment to training white males on how to avoid lawsuits is beyond extreme. There is zero tolerance to any speech or behavior that might be considered less than 100% respectful for any of the "protected classes" as well as women (who aren't always legally considered a "protected class"). Any corporation that doesn't do so, will lose big lawsuits to disgruntled (or cleverly greedy) employees, simply because they didn't show maximum effort (via mandatory training classes monthly or quarterly) to encourage cultural sensitivity and define proper behavior.

I know this since one member of my extended family manages a few hundred professional employees in a large corporation (over 10,000 employees). This family member would never so much as think anything inappropriate, but everyone gets trained. Constantly. The corporation must prove an incredible commitment to creating a culture of inclusion and respect for every variation from the traditional.

In addition to lawsuits, there is extensive government oversight of many industries that places severely inadequate people (intellectually, educationally, emotionally) in positions of power simply because they are NOT white males. Obama is famous for this, though previous Presidents did the same. It makes me laugh that the American people think government protects them from the abuses or safety failures of private industry, when private sector professionals come home from meetings with government "overseers" saying things like "It's like trying to explain calculus to an armadillo."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies