Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 AM

45,217 posts, read 26,427,822 times

Advertisements

Probably raised by a single parent, helped made possible by the federal goobermint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
A lot of times the actual criminal is an adult who recruits minors to do the dirty deeds for them.
Minors get off much easier if caught. If successful the minors are happy with bread crumbs thrown to them.

Pretty sad state but that's what happens.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Probably raised by a single parent, helped made possible by the federal goobermint.
Imagine Momma's concern when she realizes the check will be less next month.

She'll be gettin' busy real soon to T up a replacement. Just wait and see.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
They were going to burglarize the home and may have very well killed the people inside. They went in search for trouble and found it.

The boy's uncle needs to stop. It's sad that child is gone, but his own behavior caused his death.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,965,519 times
How dare the grandfather of Murphy make the comparison to the Martin/ Zimmerman case.

I don't care if Murphy had a disability, he was on someone's property late at night where he didn't belong. His parents should have had a closer watch over the handicapped minor especially at that time of morning.

These are my opinions based upon the story given by ksdk. Ksdk or any other news source can distort the truth.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
But, but.... He was a good boy!

St. Louis homeowner kills 15-year-old burglar, police say | Fox News

What drives a 15 year old to burglarize someone's home? Whatever happened to respect for others and their property?

The 17 year old who was with him, is an accessory to murder. I wonder if he will be tried as an adult?
If the other is really 17 then he is an adult in the state of Missouri.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 AM

651 posts, read 705,106 times
This is funny. A person in your garage or property is not a threat. I bet that crack he is smoking is some good S$%t

BTW good shooting to the shooter. Keep em piling up.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 AM

88,548 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why was this 15 year old out and wandering around at 1:30 in the morning ?

Anyone here old enough to remember the TV ad that came on every night:

"It's 10:00. Do you know where your children are ?"

Maybe we need to bring that back, not that it will do any good in today's society.
That commercial still runs. I hear it from time to time.

It's a good point. Many years ago, I was a juror on a murder trial wherein a bunch of suburban teenagers playing mafia murdered another teenager. As I listened to the events leading up to the actual murder, that's what stood out in my mind the most. These kids, ages 14 to 18, were out all night long, driving around, parents thinking they were at another kid's house but no one really checking to see where they were and what they were doing, and now their precious little pumpkins were all going to be in prison for a very long time.

Shortly after that, there was another incident wherein three teenage boys were out at 2 a.m. and stopped to supposedly just look at a cool car they saw parked along the street. The owner of the car happened to be a loose cannon who looked out his window, saw the kids around his car, assumed they were going to steal it and took his gun and fired at them, hitting one of the teenagers in the head and killing him. Why were 16- and 17-year-old boys out joyriding in the middle of the night?

Of course someone can get into trouble at any time of the day, but it does seem as if you have better odds of surviving to adulthood if you stay in the house in the wee hours, doesn't it. Oh, and it helps if your parents take a few moments out of their day to tell you that theft and murder are wrong.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:48 AM

88,548 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You could charge the parents for raising a menace to society. Breaking into someones home to rob them or even just to steal is putting your life in jeopardy. Kids and adults have to learn that.

Hello. By doing that, they knowingly and willingly accept the risk that they might be killed.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
For your viewing pleasure.

Demetrius Murphy identifed as Gravois Park shooting victim | ksdk.com

Although this time it is Grandpa likening his grandson to Trayvon. I guess there are similarities they're both dead. This case may blow up teenager is Black and shooter was White, kid was confronted outside home. This should be all the usual suspects need to make this a crusade.
Hilarious.

The minute I saw the name Demetrius, I knew it was once again one of 0bama's sons.

"Another one of them Trayvon things..........".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies