Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,288,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Only if the dead burglar was also a "good church going boy" like they always are according to their family once they get shot while breaking the law. I'm sure he was just looking for their Sunday school group and went to the wrong house.
Well, the poster I answered did say the dead kid was "praying on people".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 03:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
My point is, that to trivialize killing a 15 a year old kid, as teaching him a lesson, is just perverse logic. Since he is dead, obviously there is no lesson for him to learn.

The SCOTUS has ruled that executing a minor is cruel and unusual punishment. To allow a homeowner to be the judge, jury and executioner of a 15 year old kid, is just sick. That is vigilante justice, and not something that should ever happen a civilized society.
Nobody was executed, that's just a stupid statement. This young man and his accomplice were burglarizing a homeowner who just happened to able to defend his home which he did rightfully and legally.

Maybe some of his buddies will think twice before breaking into a house, lesson learned.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Using deadly force is justified if you think your life is in danger, not your property.

This homeowner had no reason to think that, given that he saw no evidence of the perpetrator being armed.
Wanna bet?

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Old 02-16-2013, 03:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Parenting.

They blame the gun, not the parents.
You got some posters here blaming the homeowner and one blaming the banks that got bailouts.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You got some posters here blaming the homeowner and one blaming the banks that got bailouts.
I'm quite surprised some moron hasn't yet blamed Bush.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm quite surprised some moron hasn't yet blamed Bush.
If anything blame the man who created this "Great Society".

Old 02-16-2013, 04:43 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Before some of you continue to blame a parent or a liberal or a conservative or a president please consider that everything is not black and white there is grey in life.

A family I have known since a young kid , so close they are like family to me is (was) a family with a mom and dad very honest and working church going catholics. They have 6 kids, now adults. Three of their kids ( all six are friends of mine) were never in trouble and finished school and are doing very well in life. Three others went through a bit where they partied hard, alcohol and drugs, never finished school. They are all adults now in their 40's and 50's and one of those three got straight completely and is very well off now. The other two could be somewhere better in life but are good hearted people not criminals.

I grew up in a very strict loving household , my father career military yet from 14 to 17 I went through a phase that could have had me wind up like this 15 year old kid. At 17 I got serious about guitar and made a choice that was more important than smoking pot and getting drunk every day and night. A person needs a passion besides guidance that was (IS) mine that makes me continue to strive for something.

At 14 I started smoking pot and drinking often, even at that age I was able to get pot and beer and sometimes a bottle of Jack Daniels or Southern Comfort when ever I wanted, sometimes I just walked into a store and bought it. I also dabbed into cocaine but not that much it was a luxury drug, this is circa 1980. My mom dies of cancer when I was 15 and that helped send me over the edge, I was a lost teen for a while. I would sneak out my window when dad went to sleep and roam the streets hooking with a friend or two drinking and smoking then coming home without my dad ever knowing, it took him a year to catch on.

In 8th grade when my mom was dieing until then I had been a quite type and A and B student. Ten kids in a group one day picked on me and my best friend at school ( 2 against 10). I was in a rage, went home and grabbed a knife and found the leader in the hallway. I was expelled to say the least....

After a while I got back on track was allowed back in school and graduated high school.

I am SO lucky the way things turned out, I am in my 40's now and have regretted some things I did in my teens, sometimes I think about some of the things I did and I almost can't believe it was me and the words " I'm sorry" whisper out of my mouth directed toward the almighty.

Malumute said this boy was still young enough to be saved, he is right. Unfortunately he won't be saved, and I don't blame the homeowner for defending himself I am just saying that even good parents don't automatically insure and good kid when the kid is troubled. Being a democrat or a conservative or liberal or republican has no automatic course in a kids outcome either.

I told you some personal stuff here that I'd rather forget but I hope it helps you see what I am trying to say.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Using deadly force is justified if you think your life is in danger, not your property.

This homeowner had no reason to think that, given that he saw no evidence of the perpetrator being armed.
Go rob a bank and see what happens... That's only money and worth around 4 cents to the BUCK.

The sooner low life KNOW their Life will be ended when the break the law, the better off we will be.

Either low life will stop being low life or they will end up dead.

If we just shut down welfare more of them would be forced to go to WORK.

Other wise they are only good for targets.

1 Crime You DO the Whole Time.......

2 Crimes and you DIE. I haven't got a problem with that.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The 17 year old has been charged with second-degree murder.
Good. I hope he is convicted and does the full time... No Parole, no deals. He gets the whole time and if he repeats an life of crime upon getting out, he get Death with a real death.

These bleeding heart liberals need to see that none of this happens, and to understand their PC experiment has failed.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:

I hope your number comes up someday, and your bad guy is heavily armed. Be real interesting reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies