Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 06:02 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,968 times

Advertisements

Please work hard on protecting your self defense rights. There are many in Washington that are working hard on the destruction of your civil rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 06:04 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times
The 17 year old shouldn't be charged with accessory to murder. I never understood that law. Give him breaking and entry and burglary and call it a day.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:15 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
An instant death sentence with no appeal, is what you call teaching a lesson?
I don't. I call it successful rehabilitation. He'll never reoffend.

You, on the other hand, probably excuse him as a poor, misunderstood product of an uncaring society. After all, calling him a thief would be pejorative.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
The 17 year old shouldn't be charged with accessory to murder. I never understood that law. Give him breaking and entry and burglary and call it a day.
I agree, I have never understood the logic of charging someone with a crime that they didn't intend to commit. It just doesn't make any sense. It doesn't work as a deterrent, because because the person didn't intend for, or want it to happen in the first place.

It's especially bazaar in a case like this one. The 15 year old was killed because of the actions of a trigger happy homeowner. The 17 year old had nothing to to with that. He should be charged with the crime that he was committing, attempted burglary.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:22 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
The heck he shouldent! the punk needs to be locked up for a long time not just a spin through the revolving door called the criminal justice system. he got his friend killed commiting a crime.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:29 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
I agree, I have never understood the logic of charging someone with a crime that they didn't intend to commit. It just doesn't make any sense. It doesn't work as a deterrent, because because the person didn't intend for, or want it to happen in the first place.

It's especially bazaar in a case like this one. The 15 year old was killed because of the actions of a trigger happy homeowner. The 17 year old had nothing to to with that. He should be charged with the crime that he was committing, attempted burglary.
Try attemted burglary at my house I will not call the cops and have them charge you with attemted burglary,count on it.People like you make it safe to commit these crimes for the criminals. hey stopping me from stealing all you stuff is a crime Mr sheep now get outta my way

Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:

Punishment is a consequence of a behavior already commitment not necessarily a deterrent. If the criminal justice system was designed to deter crime we'd have executions in the town square.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
The heck he shouldent! the punk needs to be locked up for a long time not just a spin through the revolving door called the criminal justice system. he got his friend killed commiting a crime.
He's not an accessory to murder, he's a burglar. We can't make up crimes to charge him just because you want him to serve a longer sentence.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:21 PM

80 posts, read 67,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
But, but.... He was a good boy!

St. Louis homeowner kills 15-year-old burglar, police say | Fox News

What drives a 15 year old to burglarize someone's home? Whatever happened to respect for others and their property?

The 17 year old who was with him, is an accessory to murder. I wonder if he will be tried as an adult?
What drives an adult to applaud the killing of a 15 year old burglar? Who knows, depravity?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies