Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:35 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,927,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was not talking about AVERAGE. I was talking about admission requirements. There are requirements, but sometimes students can get around them.
Admission requirement for Moorehouse is to have 1400 SAT? (Right!)

If that admission equirement is a fact, it would not be sometimes, it will be most of the times or almost all the time.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:36 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have to be honest and say that I would not trust the motivations of some White teachers to educate young Black minds. If these teachers are going into the schools with a prison guard mentality even with 1st graders then these students never had a chance in that environment.

Some Black parents whose children attend public schools need to push hard against the status quo and complacent attitudes of MANY educators. They need to realize that their children's teachers may not have their child's best interest in mind. Being proactive and being a warrior for your child's education is the only way.
Very well said. The bold is imperative...and ties right into your first paragraph.

I am familiar with one principal who happens to be white and just as aware of the behavior of many of the white teachers towards young men of color as she is about the behavior of some of these young ill-behaved boys (and girls). She has been very serious about not tolerating the ill-treatment of the young boys of color, even more so than former principals of all backgrounds. Some of the white teachers who come from the middle of nowhere and have problems dealing with level of diversity have gotten a rude awakening - a couple found themselves out of the door actually.

So while the majority may not acknowledge both sides of the equation, there are some gems that do. The person I know who works with this principal has much positive to say. And you know what? Plenty of those boys respect and love her. And when she comes around, they know to pull up those pants and act right. But guess where half the difficulty still lies? At home.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:39 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,252,238 times
The cause is neither race nor class but an abandonment of discipline promoted by professional race card players. I read a story not long ago where teachers in a high school were told the f word is now permitted in the classroom because banning it is cultural discrimination. Here in Seattle schools were taken to task by the NAACP for suspending kids for fighting in school because it was only "play fighting" which apparently is another form of cultural expression.
I attended an all white Catholic school in a tough blue collar neighborhood. Social problems abounded on the streets but the strict order was maintained in the classroom. Disruptions of any kind were not tolerated, period, and everyone knew it. Parents supported it because they understood lack of discipline leads to chaos.
My sister was a teacher in Africa for several years and she told me there were very few discipline problems because troublemakers were expelled, no ifs, ands or buts. Education there is a privilege, not a right and parents who were paying tuition made sure their children understood this.
Even in the most poverty stricken schools there are students who behave well and want to learn. But since teachers (especially white teachers) are no longer allowed to maintain discipline, that isn't happening. Yelling, refusing to sit down, disrespectful talking back, throwing things and fighting are everyday incidents. When kids see the ringleaders are not being challenged they are apt to join in.
Not surprisingly the worst behaved students often have parents with loudest mouths whose complaining falls on sympathetic ears in govt. and the news media.
That's what far left ideology, which is the current guiding force in U.S. public education, supports. The results speak for themselves.
The solution is segregation, not by race, but by behavior.

Last edited by southking500; 02-17-2013 at 02:51 PM..

Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
The cause is neither race nor class but and abandonment of discipline promoted by professional race card players. I read a story not long ago where teachers in a high school were told the f word is now permitted in the classroom because banning it is cultural discrimination. Here in Seattle schools were taken to task by the NAACP for suspending kids for fighting in school because it was only "play fighting" which apparently is another form of cultural expression.
I attended an all white Catholic school in a tough blue collar neighborhood. Social problems abounded on the streets but the strict order was maintained in the classroom. Disruptions of any kind were not tolerated, period, and everyone knew it. Parents supported it because they understood lack of discipline leads to chaos.
My sister was a teacher in Africa for several years and she told me there were very few discipline problems because troublemakers were expelled, no ifs, ands or buts. Education there is a privilege, not a right and parents who were paying tuition made sure their children understood this.
Even in the most poverty stricken schools there are students who behave well and want to learn. But since teachers (especially white teachers) are no longer allowed to maintain discipline, that isn't happening. Yelling, refusing to sit down, disrespectful talking back, throwing things and fighting are everyday incidents. When kids see the ringleaders are not being challenged they are apt to join in.
Not surprisingly the worst behaved students often have parents with loudest mouths whose complaining falls on sympathetic ears in govt. and the news media.
That's what far left ideology, which is the current guiding force in U.S. public education, supports. The results speak for themselves.
The solution is segregation, not by race, but by behavior.
Make sense.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:48 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,918,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
I guess my posts are getting deleted, because attempting to find the actual truth is offensive.

Is there ONE public high school in all of America that is 70%+ black with above AVERAGE ACT or SAT scores?
School of Science and Engineering Magnet in DALLAS, TX | Best High Schools | US News

That's the 3rd best high school in America according U.S. News and World Reports. Sadly, it doesn't break the ethnicities down individually but it does say the school is 84% minority.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
I can't say I'm surprised by the answers in this thread. Everyone who is taking part of thread is most definitely unaware of the truth. This system and its society is the only and the biggest detriment to black/afrikan people. These same answers gives nothing but testament to this truth.

A new teacher will come out of school in their early twenties on to their first job as a teacher you ask that teacher wherever they are "why did you decide to teach?" and they say with a smile from ear to ear "ooooooo for the children!!!!".

Not even three years later, they lose the cheerful enthusiasm and vigor for a much more lackadaisical approach, this mostly happens when they teach black children. And this isn't for the reason you think. They lose their spirit for teaching and feeding young with knowledge because they are taking part in a mental genocide. Then the teacher has the nerve to blame the children when they should be angry at the teachers before for calling themselves such this isn't a class issue and never will be, it is as it was since the birth of this nation, a race issue.

Everyone knows or should know that culture is the weapon against ignorance and this system teaches my people none, from the glorified ghettos of black people to the ones born with silver spoons in their mouth suffers in degrees of this mental genocide, with the Afrikan people in the ghettos of America taking the full hammer, the full effect of this genocide, while it is much more softer yet same effect in the upper class.
There is plenty truth to this, although perhaps my expression of it would be different. But the bold is why education of heritage and culture must come from the home, from within and not from without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
Of these anglo-negroes and white folks are gonna act like this post doesn't exist
The bold makes me cringe. African...African...African...

Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,524,696 times
Acting White Theory: Black Academic Achievement Based on Other Factors

black children do want to learn. seems there are more assumptions about black children not wanting to learn than there are black children who don't want to learn.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
School of Science and Engineering Magnet in DALLAS, TX | Best High Schools | US News

That's the 3rd best high school in America according U.S. News and World Reports. Sadly, it doesn't break the ethnicities down individually but it does say the school is 84% minority.

Most of those minorities are probably Asians. If I were a gambler, I would bet money on it.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post

There is actually a breakdown under Student Body.

Total Minority Enrollment (% of total) 84%
American Indian/Alaskan Native Enrollment (% of total) 1%
Asian Enrollment (% of total) 8%
Black Enrollment (% of total) 18%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander (% of total) 0%
Hispanic Enrollment (% of total) 57%
White Enrollment (% of total) 16%
Two or More Races Enrollment (% of total) 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Most of those minorities are probably Asians. If I were a gambler, I would bet money on it.
WRONG. More Hispanics and Blacks than the Asian or White populations.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:57 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,075,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wanted you to go into detail so that I could find out how you're thinking. Vague answers won't do.
Won't do for WHAT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies