Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is what the left thought about President Obama.

Ben Carson brings something more to the table - actual leadership experience.

Its not easy being in charge of a surgical team, especially when they are separating conjoined twins for the first time ever.
Okay, you're now like the fifth person to make that silly comment... did I fall asleep and wake up in la-la land, where Senatorial seats no longer counted as political experience? Harding and Kennedy were Senators when they were elected POTUS, so it's not like Obama is the first. And what does leading a surgical team have to do with leading our country? I've run a library - guess that makes me qualified to be leader of the free world, LOL.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why should care anything about what Ben Carson has to say? The man is a stupid rube oreo cad, and a felon to boot.
Well at least one person has proven the OP's claim to be correct.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay, you're now like the fifth person to make that silly comment... did I fall asleep and wake up in la-la land, where Senatorial seats no longer counted as political experience? Harding and Kennedy were Senators when they were elected POTUS, so it's not like Obama is the first. And what does leading a surgical team have to do with leading our country? I've run a library - guess that makes me qualified to be leader of the free world, LOL.
We are talking about leadership experience - not political experience.

I would vote for you over President Obama if you two were the only candidates - running a library demonstrates actual leadership.

You are qualified.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Harding and Kennedy were Senators when they were elected POTUS, so it's not like Obama is the first.
President Harding ran a business and President Kennedy was a naval officer.

Both had more leadership experience prior to their election to the presidency than did President Obama.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
How come whenever someone you never heard of makes a speech you like you instantly talk about them being President? It's so silly. I say some wonderful things myself yet nobody has asked me to run

Old 02-18-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
How come whenever someone you never heard of makes a speech you like you instantly talk about them being President? It's so silly. I say some wonderful things myself yet nobody has asked me to run
Who says that what you say is great?

I was reading a poem that I wrote ten years a go, the other day, and I thought that it was pretty darn good.

But I have never shared it with anyone, or had it published, so who is to say?

Old 02-18-2013, 01:38 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Who says that what you say is great?

I was reading a poem that I wrote ten years a go, the other day, and I thought that it was pretty darn good.

But I have never shared it with anyone, or had it published, so who is to say?
Lot's of people say I say great things. Who says this guy said something great?
There seems to be a need to find a black candidate among a certain group of people. I wonder why.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Well at least one person has proven the OP's claim to be correct.
And you have proven (not just in this post) to have a broken sarcasm meter... c'mon, didn't the fact that it was hammertime even give you a hint? LOL

Old 02-18-2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
You seem to be doing a great job of it, so why expect it of us?
Ah-ha!! I think you just solved my confusion over the issue... it all makes perfect sense now. Thanks!

Old 02-18-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Lot's of people say I say great things. Who says this guy said something great? See what I did there..
The people who think that Carson gave a great speech have said so on this forum. You may not know their names, but they do exist as actual people who are expressing an opinion.

All we have from you is your own self reporting. I am not saying that you don't say great things - remember, I think that my poem is good, and I will also self report that many people have stated that they believe that I am a talented writer.

But unless you or I get people to publicly state that - how can anyone know that such assertions are true?

That is where your criticism of Mr. Carson's speech fails.

People have publicly stated that he was good.

PM me sometime - perhaps we can exchange some writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies