Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:47 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This is like trying to teach my dog how to speak Italian.
?? BarkGIORNO??

Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
People of color? No one hates anyone, we just feel sorry for those that are used by the cons. The cons get upset when they see diversity in the democratic party so they make a big deal about the few in the republican party. Name one ethnic group that supports the republican party as a majority that isn't caucasian.

The man was not give a script to read.
How was he used?
Are you really that scared of a free thinking individual, that thinks much different than what you have been brainwashed with?

There you go grouping people again.
This man is an individual.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 AM

651 posts, read 705,065 times
His speech was sophomoric and dumb. His idea would maybe work if you could work it out where every one starts their so called health care savings with some money in it, but what if we went that way? Suddenly everyone starts with nothing in their account, and how d you pay for all those who have a 140k heart condition? Where does that money come from? It does not work and its just stupid to think it would. Its a non solution.

If Obamacare is so bad why did Carson not help Romney out in Mass?
Where was the good Dr then?

Carson's idea is nothing but the same old Ryan neo con ideas recycled back around again. If this was such a wonderful idea that would work so well why has no country put it into service? Its because its all BS.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
His speech was sophomoric and dumb. His idea would maybe work if you could work it out where every one starts their so called health care savings with some money in it, but what if we went that way? Suddenly everyone starts with nothing in their account, and how d you pay for all those who have a 140k heart condition? Where does that money come from? It does not work and its just stupid to think it would. Its a non solution.

If Obamacare is so bad why did Carson not help Romney out in Mass?
Where was the good Dr then?

Carson's idea is nothing but the same old Ryan neo con ideas recycled back around again. If this was such a wonderful idea that would work so well why has no country put it into service? Its because its all BS.
The idea of universal health care is a valid idea. I support the idea. Obamacare is an unworkable mess though. Pelosi and Reid should be sued for malpractice and Obama for neglect.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,391,230 times
Don't care about Ben Carson one way or the other. He's entitled to his opinions just like anyone else in this country.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:34 AM

30,059 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Dr. Ben Carson surprised a lot of people when he gave a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast a week or two ago, pointing out how silly and destructive liberalism and Obamacare were... to the President's face. It's taking a while for the liberals to recover. But the response will be inevitable: Dr. Carson is a rube, a stupid idiot, a dolt, a heartless supporter of the Top 2% or whatever the proportion is now, etc. These are the things they call EVERY conservatives when rthey can't refute most of what he says. The question is not IF they will begin these attacks on Dr. Carson, but WHEN.

Why is it taking them so long? It's been more than a week.

Anyone want to guess when they will have reduced him, in their own minds at least, to "Goofy" or "McCarthy" status?

I'll bet he drinks water- the new ultimate sin as viewed by liberals.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I don't follow those two sources, so can't say if they're projecting anything - but at least on this forum, I've only seen the conservatives making him into a political figure (and our next POTUS). He's a doctor, right? Has he ever had involvement or interest in politics, and if not, why are people making him out to be a contender? Again, this whole thing is really weird and confusing.
I think conservatives liked his message at the National Prayer Breakfast, and perhaps the fact that he said it with the President sitting two seats down from him. But as far as I can tell, he's just a man who talks about what's wrong with the country and how we could get it back on track. His story about his family is really inspiring. I don't know if he ever had plans to run for office, but I think likes the spotlight to be on his ideas and his foundation. I bet the money is pouring into his charity right now because of all the attention.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So a guy gives a good speech and all of a sudden, the right thinks he is qualified to be President?
It worked for Obama.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Hillary was about as qualified to be the Senator from NY as Brett Favre's wife was to take over as QB for the Packers.
NY has a record of electing carpetbaggers.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,652,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So a guy gives a good speech and all of a sudden, the right thinks he is qualified to be President?
Hmmm, sounds familiar, but only with a guy named Obama and the left.

Too bad we are all paying dearly for his effective use of a teleprompter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies