Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 04:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have no idea how much of this is true and how much exaggerated, but I heard a guy on Huckabee last night and he was not a Republican I will add, in fact he worked with Clinton and was a reporter here in AR when Huck was governor. He used to take on Huck all the time: he said this is true, what has happened over the years is the lack of respect for the media and the acceptance with name calling and vulgar language. He went so far as to say, he feels sorry for the young reporters of today that have to cover the White house, saying it started down with Bush and has gotten much worse since Obama took office.
It didn't start with Bush.

Hillary is known to have cussed out people all the time. Granted she wasn't part of the administration (except in her own empty head), but she had power in the WH and apparently, constantly cussed out those around her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'd like to see more details before I have an opinion. Where is the email? Who sent it? Why didn't the recipient go public when it happened?

That said, 0bama and his crew are nothing but Chicago ghetto pimps who idolize rappers and the like. Language? Pffffffftttttttttt! And apparently liberal women love it,
so many racist comments on this forum.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So you believe all anonymous sources as long as they are against Obama correct? Why you bringing up Bush for, he is not president anymore. Thank God.
And by the same token you presumably are ok with the anonymous sources as long as it favors the left. Anonymous sources are stock in trade for modern journalism. It's an entirely-accepted practice of modern liberal journalism. And BTW a key method for Jayson Blair.

Libs want to have it not just both ways, but 3 ways. The anonymous accusation from Joe McCarthy ws bad. The anonymous accusation from journalist Adam Clymer is great, totally trustworthy. But the anonymous accusation from a journalist against the Obama admin is once again no good.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:19 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Well, it all depends.....

Was she from Fox?

Was she a fox?

Was she conservative?

Was she a tea party member?

Was she asking questions deemed by the main stream media as 'right wing'?

If so then she deserved it.

If she was from the main stream leftist media, it was just light hearted humor and should be dismissed as such.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
so many racist comments on this forum.
Chicago ghetto pimps who idolize rappers is racist? It's insulting to poor people who live in Chicago. How does it insult any other member of any race?

Rather than so many racist comments on this forum, I think it's so much overuse of the race card. There is no reason for an affluent lawyer from Manhattan who likes classical music, or whatever, to be insulted by that comment unless they make an active choice to be insulted. It said absolutely nothing about black people in general. It's just that our society has gotten to such a point of hypersensitivity that any comment whatsoever becomes racist. Even calling calling Susan Rice incompetent was said to be racist. It's absurd.

When something really is racist, there's no question that's entirely inappropriate. But "Chicaco ghetto pimps" does not refer to black people. It refers to "Chicago ghetto pimps". The attempts of liberals to shut down disagreement and criticism of themselves through accusations of racism are really out of hand. And the proof is, when someone makes a comment about Southern rednecks, no liberals show up to complain.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What I think is funny, is that if this was rightie (anyone) this thread would be 10+ pages long of absurd BS spewing from the left.

Maybe the right wants to wait and find out what really happened?

Now, ain't that a shocker!
I find posts that say "if my side had done (this awful thing), you guys would be spewing. . . " totally w/o credibility. Do you have a crystal ball or something equally as good at telling the past, present and future under a different set of circumstances? If so, tell me where I can get one.

"The right" started this thread.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Chicago ghetto pimps who idolize rappers is racist? It's insulting to poor people who live in Chicago. How does it insult any other member of any race?

Rather than so many racist comments on this forum, I think it's so much overuse of the race card. There is no reason for an affluent lawyer from Manhattan who likes classical music, or whatever, to be insulted by that comment unless they make an active choice to be insulted. It said absolutely nothing about black people in general. It's just that our society has gotten to such a point of hypersensitivity that any comment whatsoever becomes racist. Even calling calling Susan Rice incompetent was said to be racist. It's absurd.

When something really is racist, there's no question that's entirely inappropriate. But "Chicaco ghetto pimps" does not refer to black people. It refers to "Chicago ghetto pimps". The attempts of liberals to shut down disagreement and criticism of themselves through accusations of racism are really out of hand. And the proof is, when someone makes a comment about Southern rednecks, no liberals show up to complain.
I like how the racists on this forum try to act oh, so offended and coy when called out on it. Just who lives in the ghettos in Chicago?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:58 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Yes correct and without even a article just with a staffer said the email exists! Now they are saying but where is the email
Does it matter, what was attempted is done....no matter if it is true or not.

You see, that is mantra of the left, just like when your buddy reid said Romney had not paid taxes in 10 years.....a complete and utterly false lie.....but guess what.....the damage was done...in the end is was ALL false, but yet the word was out...period, end of story.....

Because the right is playing the leftist game, don't be mad....suck it up!

Old 03-03-2013, 07:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

Exactly right. Nowhere did I mention any race. Calling everything 'racist' only serves to make people more racist. Folks are sick to death of it. Even if I had said 0bama was nothing but a black ghetto pimp, my remark would not have been racist. Unless blacks no longer want to be called 'black'. They've run the gamut on what they want to be called, so maybe there's some new moniker out there I haven't heard of.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I like how the racists on this forum try to act oh, so offended and coy when called out on it. Just who lives in the ghettos in Chicago?
And I have noticed over time that the #1 response to posts arguing against playing the race card is to call the person making the post a racist.

It's amazing how often people don't see the irony in that. Argument is "People make baseless accusations of racism" Answer is "you're a racist" In refuting the point, you actually prove it

And your question "who lives in Chicago" also proves the point. Your argument isn't that the comment was actually racist. Your argument implies that since it was said about black people, it is therefore racist. There's a difference there that many liberals either can't or won't see.

See, the racism part should come first and the black part should come second. A comment is racist because it is racist. Not because it was said to or about people who happen to be black.

Is a comment about the Southern rednecks racist? If not, neither is a comment about Chicago ghetto pimps.

If it is, then how come derogatory comments about Southerners do not draw the ire of the race-conscious liberals?

If the comment had been the "N" word, then it would have been racist. That's actually about race. But a comment about particular people who live in a particular place is not racist. It doesn't matter what race they are, because the comment wasn't about race. It was about those specific people.

Essentially, the comment wasn't "these people are bad because they're black". It was "these people are bad because they are thugs". Now, if the people the comment was referring to had no connection to Chicago, you might have more of a point. That raises the question "why specify Chicago except that the people there are black?" But in this case the people being insulted actually are from Chicago and from the ghetto (community organizer) and the comment itself did not mention race. So where's the racism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies