Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

^^Nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I find posts that say "if my side had done (this awful thing), you guys would be spewing. . . " totally w/o credibility. Do you have a crystal ball or something equally as good at telling the past, present and future under a different set of circumstances? If so, tell me where I can get one.

"The right" started this thread.
BS, you know I'm right. Tempest and No jive would have something like this 10 pages before you knew it, if it had a source or not.....

Maybe you don't post a lot here anymore? Or see the ignorant threads I do....

Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
God forbid. God forbid someone should make a derogatory remark about someone else in an e-mail.

Anyone want to queue up the video of Darth Cheney using that naughty word about a reporter on an open mic? I know I was gravely offended when that happened.

BTW, are right-wingers playing the gender card again?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Beat the press - NYPOST.com

What kind of an administration verbally abuses a female with words like "b***h" and "c**t" for asking tough questions to a cabinet member? Seems like a sexist one. Remember, Obama has already been accused by female staffers of ignoring or excluding women's opinions during meetings.
Is it okay when your side does it?

snopes.com: Bush Calls Reporter 'Major League *******'
Bush Curses Reporter at Rally | Video - ABC News (Video)
Language Log: Presidential expletive watch

Rick Santorum Swears at Reporter, Whines About Bullying | Slog
Video: Romney aide curses at reporters - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So all anonymous sources in your book cannot be reported by the media...no whistle blowers either? You realize how many anonymous sources the media smeared Bush with and you probably gleefully chirped about?

You just can't confront that Obama is not perfect.

Please give me a list of Obama's mistakes...lies, hypocrisy, broken promises...
Please provide some of these items.
Or are you making it up?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
And I have noticed over time that the #1 response to posts arguing against playing the race card is to call the person making the post a racist.

It's amazing how often people don't see the irony in that. Argument is "People make baseless accusations of racism" Answer is "you're a racist" In refuting the point, you actually prove it

And your question "who lives in Chicago" also proves the point. Your argument isn't that the comment was actually racist. Your argument implies that since it was said about black people, it is therefore racist. There's a difference there that many liberals either can't or won't see.

See, the racism part should come first and the black part should come second. A comment is racist because it is racist. Not because it was said to or about people who happen to be black.

Is a comment about the Southern rednecks racist? If not, neither is a comment about Chicago ghetto pimps.

If it is, then how come derogatory comments about Southerners do not draw the ire of the race-conscious liberals?

If the comment had been the "N" word, then it would have been racist. That's actually about race. But a comment about particular people who live in a particular place is not racist. It doesn't matter what race they are, because the comment wasn't about race. It was about those specific people.

Essentially, the comment wasn't "these people are bad because they're black". It was "these people are bad because they are thugs". Now, if the people the comment was referring to had no connection to Chicago, you might have more of a point. That raises the question "why specify Chicago except that the people there are black?" But in this case the people being insulted actually are from Chicago and from the ghetto (community organizer) and the comment itself did not mention race. So where's the racism?
You're trying too hard. I think most everyone with an IQ above room temperature understands the transparent gambit you guys attempt to roll out each time to immunize yourselves against being justifiably painted as prejudiced individuals. Some cretin makes a prejudiced comment about blacks on this forum, someone else calls them on it and then one of you troglodytes starts screeching that the respondent is "playing the race card" by noting the prejudicial comments of the original idiot.

Oddly enough, I actually respect the prejudiced folks who own up to their prejudices from the outset, at least they have the guts to admit it. These pathetic cowards on here who make prejudicial statements and then cower, trying to conceal it by painting the people who don't make prejudiced statements as "the real racists" who are "playing the race card" are beneath contempt.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:44 AM

Whoops, you're correct, that was Dubs, not Cheeeeeney who made that statement. Then again, didn't Cheeeeeney swear at Patrick Leahy?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BS, you know I'm right. Tempest and No jive would have something like this 10 pages before you knew it, if it had a source or not.....

Maybe you don't post a lot here anymore? Or see the ignorant threads I do....
This thread would have triple the posts if this were a non-Democrat Administration doing this. It would be headline news for weeks. You would see hollywood come out in full force going after the non-Democrat Administration.

Yet, it is Obama. The story is largely ignored and his Admin is yet again, given a pass.

It bears repeating. Our media/Hollywood are corrupt, hypocrites. Most prominent liberals have no values, decency. They are nothing but hypocritical dirt bags who will do anything to get their agenda pushed forward. Ignore, cover, defend their own, yet bash, destroy, lie about the other side constantly.

Could you imagine had this been about Romney during the campaign???? It would have exploded instantly and you'd hear about it so often you would get sick of it with in a day. Every single person in this country would know about it. But, its just Obama's Admin, nothing to see here of course......

Old 03-04-2013, 06:49 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
I personally couldn't care less who thinks I'm racist. Most of the spewers are on my ignore list, anyway, so let 'em spew.

I got over the race thing a very long time ago.

When I first meet someone, that person gets a fair shake, with no preconceived notions. From that point on, it's up to the person to determine the course of my opinion. I wouldn't expect the 'no personal responsibility' crowd to understand that, though.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Do you have a link to back up your unsupported claim that most threads started with no links or partisan hack links to back up statements are done by right-wingers?

You could easily research this yourself, on page one of this folder.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
This thread would have triple the posts if this were a non-Democrat Administration doing this. It would be headline news for weeks. You would see hollywood come out in full force going after the non-Democrat Administration.

Yet, it is Obama. The story is largely ignored and his Admin is yet again, given a pass.

It bears repeating. Our media/Hollywood are corrupt, hypocrites. Most prominent liberals have no values, decency. They are nothing but hypocritical dirt bags who will do anything to get their agenda pushed forward. Ignore, cover, defend their own, yet bash, destroy, lie about the other side constantly.

Could you imagine had this been about Romney during the campaign???? It would have exploded instantly and you'd hear about it so often you would get sick of it with in a day. Every single person in this country would know about it. But, its just Obama's Admin, nothing to see here of course......
Gosh you people see yourselves as perpetual victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies