Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:19 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times

Advertisements

I had a young reporter asking tough, important questions of an Obama Cabinet secretary,” says one DC veteran. “She was doing her job, and they were trying to bully her. In an e-mail, they called her the vilest names — *****, c--t, a--hole.” He complained and was told the matter would be investigated: “They were hemming and hawing, saying, ‘We’ll look into it.’ Nothing happened.”

An anonymous source, an unnamed reporter, an unnamed cabinet secretary, no evidence of the email or if the source received it, saw it, or just heard about it second hand. The right wing make stuff up so often nobody believes them when they cry wolf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
And with all the love the media/hollywood had with trying to say the Right hate and demean women, there are plenty of examples like this that they ignore purposely from the left.

I HATE our media and Hollywood, hypcritical, corrupt, lying bastards.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I had a young reporter asking tough, important questions of an Obama Cabinet secretary,” says one DC veteran. “She was doing her job, and they were trying to bully her. In an e-mail, they called her the vilest names — *****, c--t, a--hole.” He complained and was told the matter would be investigated: “They were hemming and hawing, saying, ‘We’ll look into it.’ Nothing happened.”

An anonymous source, an unnamed reporter, an unnamed cabinet secretary, no evidence of the email or if the source received it, saw it, or just heard about it second hand. The right wing make stuff up so often nobody believes them when they cry wolf.
Yet that is all you, the media, and Dems would need to make it a national story. If this had been tied to Romney or a conservative, no matter the evidence it would have been pushed by the media

Old 03-03-2013, 11:28 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Are you fine with the WH intimidating the press?
No not at all--just a reference to what Carney said about Obama's call to Sandra Fluke after Limbaugh called her a ****. In that case Obama called to console her, so in this case perhaps Rush could call to console the reporter. Just a little joke that seems not to have worked.

Actually is somewhat surprising that the WH would feel a need to intimidate the press, since the press has been in the WH's back pocket all along. Just look at the handling of Fast&Furious. This prez has gotten a more compliant press than any I have ever seen, including other Dems such as Carter & Clinton.

I guess that it goes to show that the WH likes to remind them who is the dom from time to time, just in case anybody out there is even thinking of committing journalism.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
I'm confused--I thought Romney lost because the press just LOVES Obama, they're in his back pocket, and they spend all their time fawning all over each other. Now they hate each other? Which is it, because I'm about to get whiplash from all the tea party conspiracy theories. You don't get to have it both ways.

The truth is that both positions are just more made up BS coming out of the nutty end of the R party. Nobody listens anymore because if you lie over and over, people assume that everything you say is a lie. Imagine that.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:45 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Where did you read that the email was deleted? Did you just make up a lie to protect Obama's administration?
Well since the reporter could not show the email, any intelligent person, that apparently leaves out right wing hacks, would deduce that said email was deleted.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm confused--I thought Romney lost because the press just LOVES Obama, they're in his back pocket, and they spend all their time fawning all over each other. Now they hate each other? Which is it, because I'm about to get whiplash from all the tea party conspiracy theories. You don't get to have it both ways.
Are you really simple enough to think that the press is a single entity?

FoxNews is not quite MSNBC...yes both distort...but both seek to affirm different beliefs of different viewers.

Team Obama demonized Joe the Plumber for simply asking an unscripted question to a man running for President of the United States. Think about that...what kind of country do we have, where a citizen cannot ask a reasonable question to a person seeking votes for the highest office?

Obama took away privileges from FoxNews previously.

Woodward said the WH tried to intimidate him.

Lanny Davis, former Clinton aide and public endorser of Obama, has come out and said that the WH tried to intimidate him.

Jonathan Alter has now said that the WH treated him poorly after he criticized Obama on MSNBC.

CBN's Brody has said that Obama aides have bullied him when he tried to ask challenging questions...although he adds that the aides feel like it is their job to protect the president.

Neil Munro was demonized for asking an unscripted question.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Well since the reporter could not show the email, any intelligent person, that apparently leaves out right wing hacks, would deduce that said email was deleted.
So all anonymous sources in your book cannot be reported by the media...no whistle blowers either? You realize how many anonymous sources the media smeared Bush with and you probably gleefully chirped about?

You just can't confront that Obama is not perfect.

Please give me a list of Obama's mistakes...lies, hypocrisy, broken promises...

Old 03-03-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How wrong you could be.

Most any leftist thread starts off with "ZERO" no link no nothing, then when asked to provide anything they (lefties) say go look it up yourself....

Where did the OP ever say it was the truth? Care to back up your statement?
If you start a thread with a statement, then you should believe that statement. If you don't, then why post it?

Sorry, most threads started with no links or partisan hack links to back up statements are done by right-wingers.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
So all anonymous sources in your book cannot be reported by the media...no whistle blowers either? You realize how many anonymous sources the media smeared Bush with and you probably gleefully chirped about?
So you believe all anonymous sources as long as they are against Obama correct? Why you bringing up Bush for, he is not president anymore. Thank God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies