Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times

Advertisements

I don't know why this "stuns" anybody since Zimmermam's attorney said that this was the likely strategy that they would take over a year ago.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't know why this "stuns" anybody since Zimmermam's attorney said that this was the likely strategy that they would take over a year ago.

Indeed.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He'll be convicted of manslaughter.
I think so too.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,677 times
Hmmm, I haven't kept up with this case much lately. I missed (somehow or the other) that Martin was circling Zimmerman's truck. I did see a map with diagrams a few months ago showing where Zimmerman was parked and where Martin was killed. Hard to see how this circling took place there (as best I remember).

Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That would not surprise me. And he'll walk with time served. Lose his guns and right to vote, but it's better than letting the black caucus vigilantes have their way.
What "time served"???? How much time has Zimmerman served IN JAIL prior to this trial?

There is NO "black caucus vigilantes".........seems to me there are only racists who wish for vigilantism from blacks. Can you provide a link to substantiate your claim of a "black caucus vigilantes"? No? Didn't think so.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I agree with you on a lot of things, but this is not one of them. Thank you for serving, but I owe you nothing. I give every human being respect until they let me know through their words or actions they deserve otherwise. You were paid for your service, and still get benefits. Again, thank you for serving--many were called, and you responded, and I appreciate that. I do not, as a result, however, have to respect what you say unless you show me you deserve respect.

I think your comments are reprehensible. As a former Army soldier, you need to set an example, being the leader you say you are. The one to whom much is given, much is required. You need to keep your old-school racist remarks in check.

Zimmerman was/is a wannabe cop. His arrogance and deceit has gotten him into the mess he is in right now, and he took a life. He may well get off because he has a very good attorney, but I really hope he does not because it will send a message to every other wannabe cop that what he did is just okay. If he was so afraid of Martin, whom Zimmerman states was circling his car in a menacing manner, Zimmerman needed to keep his fat rear end in the car. But no, his own arrogance drove him out of the car, and a human life, whether or not YOU deem that life is worthwhile, was taken.
I totally agree with everything you said above! Very well said indeed.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What stuns me is that O'Mara said anything more than a year ago, before gz was arrested.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:34 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,209,625 times
Are any of the MSM Kool Aid drinkers acknowledging that it is a HUGE blow to the case that prosecutors have acknowledged their star witness LIED under oath about why she didn't attend TM's funeral?

Or on the Judges ruling that Crump is part of the prosecution?

Old 03-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Are any of the MSM Kool Aid drinkers acknowledging that it is a HUGE blow to the case that prosecutors have acknowledged their star witness LIED under oath about why she didn't attend TM's funeral?

Or on the Judges ruling that Crump is part of the prosecution?
Do you have a link for the Crump ruling?

I don't think it is such a HUGE blow to the State's case that the girl was found to have lied about her age and about why she didn't go to the funeral. She's a young girl. That will be taken into consideration by the jury. What will matter is that it can be proven via phone records that she was talking to Martin just before he was killed. We'll see what the State does and what impact this will have on the jury when we see the trial.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:45 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I agree with you on a lot of things, but this is not one of them. Thank you for serving, but I owe you nothing. I give every human being respect until they let me know through their words or actions they deserve otherwise. You were paid for your service, and still get benefits. Again, thank you for serving--many were called, and you responded, and I appreciate that. I do not, as a result, however, have to respect what you say unless you show me you deserve respect.

I think your comments are reprehensible. As a former Army soldier, you need to set an example, being the leader you say you are. The one to whom much is given, much is required. You need to keep your old-school racist remarks in check.

Zimmerman was/is a wannabe cop. His arrogance and deceit has gotten him into the mess he is in right now, and he took a life. He may well get off because he has a very good attorney, but I really hope he does not because it will send a message to every other wannabe cop that what he did is just okay. If he was so afraid of Martin, whom Zimmerman states was circling his car in a menacing manner, Zimmerman needed to keep his fat rear end in the car. But no, his own arrogance drove him out of the car, and a human life, whether or not YOU deem that life is worthwhile, was taken.

I agree with you as well, carolac. Respect is earned, and demanding it is the fastest way to lose any chance of receiving it. It would be best if OAS could ditch the sense of entitlement and confine posts to the subject of the thread. As we've seen, that poster is anything but "always right." Nobody is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies