Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You have no proof of that.

And your other post was so full of lies, it's not even worth responding to.

Hey Cinebar, don't you know Trayvon was Black so he had to be thinking about stealing something or looking for an innocent lily white girl to harrass....you know us darkies always up to no good.

Okay, okay I probably shouldn't have gone there but I know that you realize that this is the train of thought you're dealing with.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Hey Cinebar, don't you know Trayvon was Black so he had to be thinking about stealing something or looking for an innocent lily white girl to harrass....you know us darkies always up to no good.

Okay, okay I probably shouldn't have gone there but I know that you realize that this is the train of thought you're dealing with.
Oh, I know where that poster's train of thought is. And it ain't pretty.

And, unfortunately, he isn't alone.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 PM

554 posts, read 608,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Exactly.

This man is going to walk free as he should, I just hope he's able to go after the people who have wrongly attacked him following the self defense incident that landed him in this situation.
Zimmerman is never going to "walk free". If he's acquitted, he's going to be in a different kind of prison for a long time. And he's going to have to watch his back constantly. Given that he clearly was a provocateur, I think that in itself is justice, roughly.

As Patton once said, approximately, "God help me, I love it so."

Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Zimmerman is never going to "walk free". If he's acquitted, he's going to be in a different kind of prison for a long time. And he's going to have to watch his back constantly. Given that he clearly was a provocateur, I think that in itself is justice, roughly.
So you're saying that even if he's found innocent by a jury of his peers he's still not going to be free? Are you saying that even if he's found innocent you support people enacting some sort of vigilante justice?

Sounds like the same kind of ignorant violence on the part of Trayvon that landed him in the morgue.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This was an excellent choice by defense counsel. The judge will be under huge political pressure not to dismiss this case without sending it to jury. The second the judge sends it to the jury the media will twist it into Zimmerman "losing" his self-defense claim. Then Zimmerman's attorney will have to spend half the trial explaining the difference to the jury. Good move Zimmerman team.
Exactly where did you get the idea that the defense would even be allowed to mention the immunity hearing to a jury during a trial???? Exactly where in the rules of criminal procedure does it say that the defense can/could even mention the immunity hearing during the trial? Besides it wouldn't be the defense (Zimmerman team) who would want to bring up a loss at a stand your ground hearing. It would be the State.

It certainly seems to me that the Zimmerman team waived the immunity hearing because they did not feel confident of a win and they did not want to reveal their entire case and case strategy to the State PRIOR to the trial starting if they lost at the immunity hearing.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I smell a RAT!

This so-called defense team is missing a huge opportunity. Did they do it to ensure a conviction.....keep Big Brother happy....avoid smoldering cities?????
Well, something must be wrong with your nose.

It also sounds as if you may be fairly clueless regarding how the justice system works. There is no "Big Brother" in this case and there will be no "smoldering cities" if Zimmerman is acquitted. You seem to be letting your imagination run away with you. Take a deep breath and get a grip.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
So you're saying that even if he's found innocent by a jury of his peers he's still not going to be free? Are you saying that even if he's found innocent you support people enacting some sort of vigilante justice?

Sounds like the same kind of ignorant violence on the part of Trayvon that landed him in the morgue.
You know, I don't think Zimmerman is going to be attacked by anyone after he is acquitted, if he is acquitted. He most likely will always be "infamous" but I don't think anyone would waste their time attacking him. His life will be difficult by virtue of the fact that he, as I said, will be very infamous for a long time. What kind of work do you think this man would ever find? Look at Casey Anthony's situation. She can't work. She can't have a normal life. Additionally, Zimmerman's wife is awaiting trial for perjury. No one would even have to lift a finger to make this man's life fairly miserable.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 PM

554 posts, read 608,911 times
Quote:

That's exactly what I'm saying: if acquitted, he'll have to become invisible, and lead a cloistered life where he's constantly looking over his shoulder for his own safety. Sort of like an Hispanic Salman Rushdie.

I don't support vigilante justice or stalking ... but I believe it's a form of karma that Zimmerman has brought onto himself. He should have listened to that dispatcher and not followed Martin ... Martin had committed no crime and had every right to be in that neighborhood ... where he lived.

Ignorant violence ? If you were black, and always had people following you around, in a store, or on the street, or detaining you for questioning, simply because they thought you were likely to commit a crime because of your race, you'd wanna whoop some a*s too. Sorry, but Zimmerman provoked the attack and had no business shooting that kid. He should have fought back like a man.

Last edited by sibelian; 03-05-2013 at 11:53 PM..

Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 PM

15,864 posts, read 14,487,406 times
Are you just out of your <bleeep>ing mind? Let it be your daughter then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Self-defense is despicable.

That your daughter tortured, raped and murdered is morally superior than she shooting her would-be rapist dead.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 PM

688 posts, read 652,606 times
Quote:

Whoa. You're nasty, huh?

You claiming that this whole ordeal is Trayvon's fault is the same as the people claiming Zimmerman is a cold blooded murderer. Nobody knows what happened except Martin and Zimmerman... how are you gonna sh(t on a child's death based off that? And, then to compound it as if the child deserved to be killed? C'mon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies