Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I bet his wife had half a mind to chew him out for the AR 15 purchase, too.

Highly dubious.
Personally it just shows him to be a hypocrite, and with an agenda for media attention.

The cats out of the bag regarding Fakebook and political agenda pushing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 12:44 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Exactly what are you wondering about? Are you confused about why the NRA exists? What do you think their agenda is?

I'm really starting to question the sanity and intelligence of the average C-D poster. Every time I read something that gives me hope, I read a dozen other things the prove that the average poster can barely see their own nose, and has no ability to see past it. Most can only regurgitate talking points, and have no ability to draw independent conclusions about pretty much anything.

It's sad.
The NRA will tell you that they are there to support the average gun owner or wannabe gun owner. That's all fine and good. But their contributions say that they are completely in favor of those who would like to have an arsenal of weapons that would outdo the US military. Obviously, that's not possible, but it's the appearance that they give. Else why would they lobby to make it illegal for the CDC to research gun deaths - and it worked? Or to keep the ATF funding down, and no competent person at its head - and that worked, too?

Yes, it is sad that you can't understand. The NRA used to be a responsible gun owner's support organization. It seems now that they'd rather support the next American terrorist who wants to shoot up a school, or a theater, or a public gathering.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:32 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
For the umpteenth time. Kelly is donating the gun to the Tucson Police Dept.!
Sure, now he is.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:03 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
The NRA will tell you that they are there to support the average gun owner or wannabe gun owner. That's all fine and good. But their contributions say that they are completely in favor of those who would like to have an arsenal of weapons that would outdo the US military. Obviously, that's not possible, but it's the appearance that they give. Else why would they lobby to make it illegal for the CDC to research gun deaths - and it worked? Or to keep the ATF funding down, and no competent person at its head - and that worked, too?

Yes, it is sad that you can't understand. The NRA used to be a responsible gun owner's support organization. It seems now that they'd rather support the next American terrorist who wants to shoot up a school, or a theater, or a public gathering.
Now, think about what is in bold when I ask and you answer this question:

What do the anti gun people always say....well if they had mortar's, hand grenades, bombs, fully auto machine guns, anti ACFT weapons, bazookas, Nuclear weapons, artillery, fully loaded war plane, flame throwers, tanks, war ships, aircraft carriers, the "dreaded AR 15, and the crap continues to spew......why would they not give the same talk back?

Answer honestly, or you just don't see what is really happening....well.....

Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM

45,439 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I bet his wife had half a mind to chew him out for the AR 15 purchase, too.
I see what you did there.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:20 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As a person who has been government, in and around government for the last 25 years, I am well aware about changes. I also know that if they are still acceptable they don't revise them....as the poster stated above....
I am not indicating they are not still acceptable, but I think your point was that the form has been in place since 1970 so Kelly doesn't need to investigate. If he has not purchased a gun in years that may not be the case.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:41 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am not indicating they are not still acceptable, but I think your point was that the form has been in place since 1970 so Kelly doesn't need to investigate. If he has not purchased a gun in years that may not be the case.
Since 1968 actually (the form came out).....however a few days prior, he purchased the .45....what would have changed in purchasing a gun in the manner of a few days?

I mean, that is what he said, right?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Since 1968 actually (the form came out).....however a few days prior, he purchased the .45....what would have changed in purchasing a gun in the manner of a few days?

I mean, that is what he said, right?
The .45 and the AR-15 were both purchased on the same day:

From Mark Kelly's Facebook page:

Quote:
Looks like the judiciary committee will vote on background checks next week. I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a 45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet. We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
I still have no idea what this dolt was trying to prove.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The .45 and the AR-15 were both purchased on the same day:

From Mark Kelly's Facebook page:
That's not what his Facebook post said. He purchased the pistol a few days ago and when he came back to pick it up he saw the ar15 and bought that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies