Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why dont kids do what we did in the old days..go to area small businesses and beg for sponsorship. The ballpark would paint thier company's name on an outfield ad board...That was the American way.

Our uni's had B and N Auto Supply on them.
And pass up an opportunity for an adult to use kids for political purposes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As long as you never have to risk leaving large urban areas then I'm sure that works great for them.

I visited Ireland years ago and rented a car and drove around. You get a much different experience than if you just stick to the rail stations, urban hubs and *shudder* tour buses.

Just one example. I think it's a valuable skill personally, but to each their own. Heck, there are plenty of people that can't swim out there and that even more critical.
I have met a number of New Yorkers who have never left this city for any reason. For them, driving is pointless.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:26 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have met a number of New Yorkers who have never left this city for any reason. For them, driving is pointless.
What a depressing idea. That's not a dig on NY....I'm just thinking of all the experiences and sights they've missed out on.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What a depressing idea. That's not a dig on NY....I'm just thinking of all the experiences and sights they've missed out on.
It isn't much different than anywhere else in this country. I have met people all over the country who have never been outside of their own area.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Little kids and guns is a bad idea, imo.

Depends, who is raising said, kid. You, or me?

When they turn 18, those ignorant, uneducated and over protected kids, will have every right to buy and own a gun. Did you do your part as a parent, to teach them about all aspects of life? Or did you leave that to your public school? Now we have clueless gun owners...... It is a right, you know.

Just asking???

Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
It isn't much different than anywhere else in this country. I have met people all over the country who have never been outside of their own area.

Living in a box and never getting out in the free world, must be stressful and oppressing.
I can only imagine the fear they feel once outside the box.

Truly sad.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Depends, who is raising said, kid. You, or me?

When they turn 18, those ignorant, uneducated and over protected kids, will have every right to buy and own a gun. Did you do your part as a parent, to teach them about all aspects of life? Or did you leave that to your public school? Now we have clueless gun owners...... It is a right, you know.

Just asking???
Having the right to buy a gun doesn't mean one will just run out and buy a gun just because they can. I wonder how many of those clueless gun owners grew up in households that had guns with clueless parent gun owners?

Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Living in a box and never getting out in the free world, must be stressful and oppressing.
I can only imagine the fear they feel once outside the box.

Truly sad.
Free world? I have driven across country twice and have lived in conservative and liberal parts of this country. Nice try though. I personally have seen a lot of this free world and I love the country I live in. The Northwest is the best part of the country in my opinion.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Having the right to buy a gun doesn't mean one will just run out and buy a gun just because they can. I wonder how many of those clueless gun owners grew up in households that had guns with clueless parent gun owners?

Are you saying it doesn't happen at all. Of coarse your not....
Is this a comparison of ignorant kids, raising kids?

You prove my point. Thanks.

When I first learned my trade I learned from an uneducated tradesman, that taught me to cut every corner to get it done. It took me to get the education I needed to do it to standards and exceed my clients expectations.
It does depend who is doing the teaching.(as we can see in each individual classroom today)
Same goes for gun safety.(it was taught in 6th grade gym class, when I went to school)

Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 AM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
HAha...what some typical leftist responses here, typical and sheepish....kinda scary...honestly...

So, let me translate what the left is relaly thinking:

The children went and bought the gun without supervision.

The children will raffle the gun off, without background checks.

The children should not have guns, nor tought about them.

All people who have guns or wins a gun in a raffle are "itiching" to kill little children.

Kids who have guns, will bring them to school and kill everyone.

Alcohol is banned.

Pretty pathetic! Typical, but pathetic....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies