Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
My main concern is that we know Syria has chemical and biological weapons. Likely some from Iraq. If the country faulters, who is going to get them?

Maybe we should have worried about that in the 1980s when we supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war knowing full well Iraq had chemical weapons and would use them.

It's not infrequently that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" theory exposes itself for the BS it is and bites us in the ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
well Syria has Arab troops on both and Persian troops on the ground right now and turkey is ready to go inwith their military that they set up patriot missile s to shoot down any possible Bio or chemical weapons that are heading near their border and they will be first to go in if large amounts of chemical wepons are fired sonce they border Syria and built up their military presence.
All the rebels need to do is lob some chem's at Turkey and all hell will break loose. I'm sure it's in the plans.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:56 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Maybe we should have worried about that in the 1980s when we supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war knowing full well Iraq had chemical weapons and would use them.

It's not infrequently that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" theory exposes itself for the BS it is and bites us in the ass.
Hind sights 20/20, but what do we do now?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Yeah Carter funded the Mujahadeen to fight the soviets in the mountains too. That has what to do with Syria??

Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
As your article pointed out Syria is not a major oil producer, 32n'd in the world I believe. The road to Iran goes through Damascus.
Yeah. American and British oil companies have been trying to build a road and oil pipeline through Afghanistan for a long time too. All they need to do is get Pakistan onboard. Like that'll ever happen, don't forget, we're infidels.

Quote:
Yeah Carter funded the Mujahadeen to fight the soviets in the mountains too. That has what to do with Syria??
And what did that culminate? Bin Laden.
Do we really want to re-involve ourselves into a deeper quagmire?

At one time, we washed Saddam Hussein's back too, what did that get us?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 PM

Infidels have money though. LOL. That is all the leaders care about over there and making it appear they still despise us westerners to keep the rabid masses in their corner.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Infidels have money though. LOL. That is all the leaders care about over there and making it appear they still despise us westerners to keep the rabid masses in their corner.
Which is all the more reason to stay out of the ME. While politicians and oil companies pander and cowtow to a few royals, and treat their own people like crap, America pays them to do it.

And all the more reason America needs alternate fueled vehicles. Quit the oil teat so to speak, reduce dependence.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Alleged chemical weapons attack in syrian conflict reported
Not a whole lot we can do about it.

[or should]

Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
That's how it is here.

[no difference]

Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Which is all the more reason to stay out of the ME. While politicians and oil companies pander and cowtow to a few royals, and treat their own people like crap, America pays them to do it.

And all the more reason America needs alternate fueled vehicles. Quit the oil teat so to speak, reduce dependence.
We will be in the middle east until our monetary policy changes. That is pretty much a guarantee. We've been there since the dollar was pegged to oil in the seventies. The last guy who talked about it was Ron Paul and he was branded a lunatic by everyone. Syria is a bump in the road to Iran. That is the ultimate goal. They are the last to buck the "system" so to say and are backed by those who want it bucked. Hey if I were another country I'd want to be able to trade my currency for oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies