Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
All of the "negatives" of the protesters was brought up, but yet police brutality was swept under the rug. There were hundreds of documented instances of brutality and almost none were investigated.
Is there a list somewhere of these documented instances? I've seen quite a few video segments of instances but they're always heavily edited to remove prior actions which put the police response into context.

If you remove 45 minutes of hurling items at police and only show the 20 seconds of a cop being rough with someone that they're handcuffing after they broke down a police barricade you're not exactly being honest are you?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:04 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Is there a list somewhere of these documented instances? I've seen quite a few video segments of instances but they're always heavily edited to remove prior actions which put the police response into context.

If you remove 45 minutes of hurling items at police and only show the 20 seconds of a cop being rough with someone that they're handcuffing after they broke down a police barricade you're not exactly being honest are you?
You just made up an entire fictional scenario to try to prove justification. Your great at telling stories and sharing your opinion. Unfortunately it adds nothing of substance to the debate.

And using your same reasoning, it gives justification to protesters who did attack the police because "all police are linked to the actions of individual police officers"

Think about it for a while...

Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 AM

So can we walk up and start cold cocking all police officers now?

For the people they've killed. Drugs they've sold. Women they've raped. People they've extorted?

Or does that only apply to protesters??

Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM

All Republicans need to be sent to jail for war crimes. Democrats too.

Everyone is guilty by affiliation in your book. Even those who had nothing to do with the criminal activities.

Great logic.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
You just made up an entire fictional scenario to try to prove justification. Your great at telling stories and sharing your opinion. Unfortunately it adds nothing of substance to the debate.

And using your same reasoning, it gives justification to protesters who did attack the police because "all police are linked to the actions of individual police officers"

Think about it for a while...
I didn't make up anything, I saw quite a few videos of Occupy protestors throwing items at police.

I can only assume this reply means you don't have a list of these documented instances like you claimed earlier?

Your vs You're - e Learn English Language

Old 04-15-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
So can we walk up and start cold cocking all police officers now?

For the people they've killed. Drugs they've sold. Women they've raped. People they've extorted?

Or does that only apply to protesters??
Quote:
All Republicans need to be sent to jail for war crimes. Democrats too.

Everyone is guilty by affiliation in your book. Even those who had nothing to do with the criminal activities.

Great logic.
Are you intoxicated? How is anyone supposed to talk to you if you keep this kind of BS up?

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com...youryoure.html

Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 AM

Such unnecessary force has become a feature of law enforcement operations against the Occupy movement in recent weeks. Scott Olsen, a former U.S. Marine and Iraq war veteran, suffered a fractured skull and brain injuries in October after being hit by a tear gas canister or rubber bullet reportedly fired by Oakland police. At the University of California-Berkeley, campus police also are under investigation for allegedly roughing up students and faculty (as seen in this video) at an Occupy rally earlier this month. And in Seattle this week, an 84-year-old community activist, a priest and a pregnant teenager were pepper-sprayed.

Such tactics have drawn fire not only from Occupy Wall Street and civil libertarians, but also from law enforcement experts. Here is what Norm Stamper, who was the police chief in Seattle during the chaotic anti-World Trade Organization protests in 1999, recently had to say about police violence in the latest uprising:

More than a decade later, the police response to the Occupy movement, most disturbingly visible in Oakland -- where scenes resembled a war zone and where a marine remains in serious condition from a police projectile -- brings into sharp relief the acute and chronic problems of American law enforcement. Seattle might have served as a cautionary tale, but instead, U.S. police forces have become increasingly militarized, and it's showing in cities everywhere: The NYPD "white shirt" coating innocent people with pepper spray, the arrests of two student journalists at Occupy Atlanta, the declaration of public property as off-limits and the arrests of protesters for "trespassing."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_1...lice-violence/

It's not all protesters and sympathizers who believe there were several clear instances of brutality.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Are you intoxicated? How is anyone supposed to talk to you if you keep this kind of BS up?

Your vs You're - e Learn English Language
Typical shrill response.

Shrill: Protesters should get beaten because a few individuals broke laws.

Gtown: Using that logic, police deserve to get beaten for the acts done by other officers.

Shrill: I don't understand.

I put it in story format for ya since you couldn't understand logic. But honestly what more can you expect from an illogical shrill poster.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Typical shrill response.

Shrill: Protesters should get beaten because a few individuals broke laws.

Gtown: Using that logic, police deserve to get beaten for the acts done by other officers.

Shrill: I don't understand.

I put it in story format for ya since you couldn't understand logic. But honestly what more can you expect from an illogical shrill poster.
Why don't you drop all of the overly dramatized personal attacks and answer my simple question. Do you or don't you have a list of these multiple instances that you keep talking about? I'm simply going by what I saw in the media because I don't live anywhere near where these main occupy events took place. If you can't provide me with solid info on these instances how am I supposed to have a conversation with you about them?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Why don't you drop all of the overly dramatized personal attacks and answer my simple question. Do you or don't you have a list of these multiple instances that you keep talking about? I'm simply going by what I saw in the media because I don't live anywhere near where these main occupy events took place. If you can't provide me with solid info on these instances how am I supposed to have a conversation with you about them?

So your arguing with me when you didn't even do your own research of the events? And your trusting the outlets of the people being protested to provide you with unbiased information? And I'm irrational?

I'm sorry. I'm not attacking you personally but I honestly believe your just being naive if you believe everything you read or hear from the MSM.

Study Confirms Allegations Of Police Brutality Against Occupy Movement

An eight-month study conducted by independent researchers and legal experts at various universities, including Fordham University and New York University (NYU), has confirmed 130 cases of police brutality against the Occupy Wall Street movement across the country.

The report provides evidence of what has long been suspected within the strained relationship between the political uprising and authorities, as brutality claims have surfaced across the nation, from Oakland to Boston.

The evidence was gathered through video footage, media reports and eyewitness accounts. It is the first published report in a series of studies that look into the police handling of the Occupy movement across the country. The first report claimed that police actions limited the right to free speech and peaceful assembly while escalating tensions between the officers and demonstrators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.