Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Typical liberal behavior. See something you don't agree with so try and drown it out with nonsense. Or in this case try and kill the thread with your littel clapper. The tolerance of liberals on display yet again. Agree with me or be drowned out.
Who's liberal and what points have you proved other than you have no point?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
I usually grant the OP jurisdiction and try and respect their thread. Liberals on the other hand............
And yet, you don't enough respect to stop insulting liberals in every single post, even when you're having a conversation with a poster who has flat out stated numerous times they are not a liberal.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:51 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Loving v. Virginia established that there is a basic right to marriage.
That's incorrect.
Loving v. Virginia established the CIVIL RIGHT (aka "civil liberty") to marry. That's a government granted right / privilege, not an inalienable right, such as a common law marriage.

Remember, rights are endowed by our Creator, not government.
The only thing a government can grant is a privilege, misrepresented as a "right".

Which brings us back to the "right to marry" under the common law versus the "privilege to marry" under the civil law.

You haven't answered the question as to WHY one would need permission (license) under the civil law.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, yes, because conservatives have the market cornered on courtesy and respect.
Who said that? It is the liberals always claiming their tolerance for others then turn around and bash anyone and everyone who doesn't hold the same beliefs they do. It's quite the comedy show. Government should do a study on it to find out what causes people to behave in this bizarre manner.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:53 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
the point is this, *******s, obamabots, obummers, (0)bama - Zero Bama.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And yet, you don't enough respect to stop insulting liberals in every single post, even when you're having a conversation with a poster who has flat out stated numerous times they are not a liberal.
I haven't insulted anyone. Unless you consider the truth an insult. If so I apologize. A reality check is in order for some it appears.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The state recognizes a hetrosexual couple living as man and wife...do they not? In fact, after 7 years it is as valid as any other marriage.

there is a difference in a 'wedding' and a marriage.
Actually, a common law marriage is only valid if the parties to the marriage have common law status.
Most Americans do not have status, hence the requirement to get a license (permission) to contract a marriage and let government administer the terms of joining and dissolution.

Hint, hint:
"Contributors" have no property rights to merge (marry) for the benefit of progeny.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
If your not a liberal then I'm not talking to you. Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:55 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
I haven't insulted anyone. Unless you consider the truth an insult. If so I apologize. A reality check is in order for some it appears.
Attacking liberals in every post isn't the truth, it's called trolling. And if you don't stop, I'm going to report every single post you insult liberals in until they make you stop.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
For the record, citizens aren't denied marriage licenses in this country after they become of legal age. So I don't understand your "privelege to marry" argument. If people are being denied a certain "right" or "privilege" as you put it, does that not mean people are being denied a "privilege" that other Americans can enjoy?
If you need a license to wed, you are exercising a privilege.
That the rules may be lax is not the issue.
Those who have RIGHTS do not need permission to wed.
Those who lack RIGHTS need government permission to wed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies