Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 01:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
This thread like all others on this topic is hilarious. The screeching sound you hear is the final cries of the ignorant and bigoted going down in flames. The war isn't over, but the main battles have been won.
Yes! This!

What I find so funny, especially, are the ones who start these threads, and others like them, and they sound so full of optimism about a stupid march tomorrow (it will be interesting to see how many actually participate), and that they seem to think they can actually put a STOP to the inevitable.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
This thread like all others on this topic is hilarious. The screeching sound you hear is the final cries of the ignorant and bigoted going down in flames. The war isn't over, but the main battles have been won.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Watching the indignant befuddlement as angry old men realize they're losing their grip on power is roundly entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Cinebar, he's just throwing crap against the wall, hoping something will stick. If you can't win an argument, call your opponent an anti-semite.
It's the epitome of jackassery.
I think he has me on ignore anyway. lol

3,550 posts, read 2,558,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Correction: You don't know anyone who'd admit to being in favor of Jim Crow. The rank and file of bigots very rarely have the courage of their convictions. When they find themselves on the losing side, they suddenly stay away in droves. Watch how many Republicans have felt the winds of change already.

In a few years, most people here will never have been against gay marriage at all, as far as they can recall.
I was talking about when it was a still dispute in this country.
in short not a single person I know advocated for it in the 50's or 60's, though I know people publicly advocated against Jim Crow and now advocate publicly against same gender "marriage" for the same reason because their both immoral.

PS I will be against same gender "marriage" even if gay terrorists will murder me for it.

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:

There's a passage in the Haggadah I will be reading from tonight, as we sit down to our Passover Seder. It has to do with how we ourselves can't be free as long as people around us are not, and how it is ion us to see it happen. I suspect I will be thinking of this thread.

May you and your family and friends have a wonderful meal.

Oh, and for our tally? Put one more in the Let's Get 'Er Done category for marriage equality in all 50 states!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Prove it.

I'll wait.
If we include just me and you we have 1 anti semite and 1 supporter of same gender "marriage"

Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
PS I will be against same gender "marriage" even if gay terrorists will murder me for it.
Oh, the drama!

Methinks someone has a martyr complex.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
- and Jews were free to get baptized and worship in Christian congregations.

Are you perhaps beginning to get the absurdity of insisting a freedom is available, if the only way for someone to partake means giving up a major facet of one's identity?
the only thing absurd is that you compare religion to a deviant sexual act.

unless you are saying that there is a religion called gayisim. (there are plenty of things practitioners of that religion believe on blind faith.)

Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
they can get married in every state in the USA.

If they don't get married in Indiana it's because they are too stupid too know the difference between a man and a woman.
I've noticed that many of C-Ds contributors live in a very different world than I. I'm bat crap crazy.

I've totally lost contact with the conscious world. For years and years I believed it was unlawful for homosexual couples to marry in 41 states of this freaking Union.

I think I'm going to go lay down now...

Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
ROTFLMAO!
I MARRIED a New York Jew. Anti-semite? You're adorable. Tell me how much of an anti-semite I am at the next seder.
then have kavana at the words shelo yiducha because that includes you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies