Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 03:24 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochitown View Post
Battle lines should be drawn at CTA stations where if groups of more than 4-5 are seen together on trains coming up from the south stations police should be deployed to oversee. Not easy but the formation of large groups needs to be stopped. Citizens need to call police to notify if they see these people forming immediately.
And I thought this was a heavy dose of sarcasm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 PM

371 posts, read 1,008,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Reality my friend. It has happened the last few times mobs of black kids have come up to this area. It will happen again. Citizens who live in this neighborhood need to help the police to take back our neighborhoods. Simple.

And BEFORE these thugs become more brazen.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:28 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,209,690 times
Quote:
Battle lines should be drawn at CTA stations where if groups of more than 4-5 are seen together on trains coming up from the south stations police should be deployed to oversee.
Groups of more than 4-5? Otherwise known as every car of every train? Oh, but only the ones from the south. I guess that makes it more manageable. The south half of the Red Line is already going to be shut down for awhile, so I guess you'll just need to stop the Green and Orange, and all problems will be solved!

Quote:
Not easy but the formation of large groups needs to be stopped.
Yeah, because Freedom of Assembly isn't an important value upon which our nation was founded. I'm sure they didn't really mean to include that in the Constitution.

Quote:
Citizens need to call police to notify if they see these people forming immediately.
"These people," eh? Which people might those be?

Please, do not come "back to Chitown" from whatever stagnant backwater hellhole you currently occupy. Stay there.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
It has to be that or trolling, right? Can there really be that much bigotry and stupidity in a single human being?

Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM

928 posts, read 1,714,130 times
I like his plan. A group of friends isn't allowed on the CTA if they're, you know, coming from that part of town, or if they look like they might be. Good stuff.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Wow, intelligent comment. Did you read?
I'm afraid she did. We all did. In sum:

You Are an Idiot | Flash Videos

Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Groups of more than 4-5? Otherwise known as every car of every train? Oh, but only the ones from the south. I guess that makes it more manageable. The south half of the Red Line is already going to be shut down for awhile, so I guess you'll just need to stop the Green and Orange, and all problems will be solved!

Yeah, because Freedom of Assembly isn't an important value upon which our nation was founded. I'm sure they didn't really mean to include that in the Constitution.

"These people," eh? Which people might those be?
Things like this happen when bad things happen, sorry. You know what? Most people that live up here give the benefit of the doubt but this has been happening too much.

Groups can be seen leaving stations. Not saying you stop them from doing anything but make them aware they are being watched.

I only know the area I live and where this mob crap has happened in the past.

Most assemblies are organized in this city anymore and are known by the city to prevent problems, etc. already.

These people are primarily black kids from the south side.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Reality my friend. It has happened the last few times mobs of black kids have come up to this area. It will happen again. Citizens who live in this neighborhood need to help the police to take back our neighborhoods. Simple.

And BEFORE these thugs become more brazen.
I take a balanced approach esp. since I used to work with juvenile criminals and hard core gang bangers years back.

If you are going to call just when you see a large group does that mean Psy gets thrown in the slammer for Gegnam style. Now if I see a pattern of a large group and then spontaneous fights break out sure call the cops.

But hey I get it you don't want em' in your nice area so calling the cops and them get pressured they will find other areas to congregate.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Because, your original comment was sarcastic, which strongly implied (pls correct me if I am wrong) that if a person is white, of course they are going to be scared of a black person.
Since you asked me to correct you:

No. What I strongly implied (so strongly that I didn't really think this needed to be spelled out, but I'll to it just for you, because I care...) is that if a woman was scared of a group of teens, in Chicago, in relation to a story about "wildings" or whatever BS term we're calling them this month, she was probably white and the teens were probably back.

Only a moron would interpret that as meaning "of course a white person is going to be scared of a black person."

You, sir, are that moron. Congratulations. We'll have some parting gifts for you in the back.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
It has to be that or trolling, right? Can there really be that much bigotry and stupidity in a single human being?
Hey, I'm a problem solver. What is your solution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies