Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Since we seem to be taking the "anti-white slurs" claim at face value for the moment, it's not just that they were being tossed around but rather they were the motivation for violent action targeted at people of a specific race. That's a bigger problem then just people having their feelings hurt. For Lorielicious to make a big deal of having a racial slur randomly tossed at her one evening while dismissing the apparent racial animus behind a violent mob action when races of the perpetrator/recipient are reversed is particularly hypocritical. When it happens to her, it's indicative of a racist city. When it happens to white people with battery and robbery thrown into the mix, it's a "rare occurence" even though it keeps happening.
"I must spread the reputation around, etc"...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,209,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Go around calling people honk ees and lets see how harmless it is.
I have. I've been on the giving and receiving end of that word many times. It has always been treated as the complete joke that it is. I've honestly never met anyone in real life who was so offended to be reminded they're part of a privileged group. I can't tell if those of you who are arguing that point of view are really that easily butthurt, or are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I lean toward the latter.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:31 AM

263 posts, read 567,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Since we seem to be taking the "anti-white slurs" claim at face value for the moment, it's not just that they were being tossed around but rather they were the motivation for violent action targeted at people of a specific race. That's a bigger problem then just people having their feelings hurt. For Lorielicious to make a big deal of having a racial slur randomly tossed at her one evening while dismissing the apparent racial animus behind a violent mob action when races of the perpetrator/recipient are reversed is particularly hypocritical. When it happens to her, it's indicative of a racist city. When it happens to white people with battery and robbery thrown into the mix, it's a "rare occurence" even though it keeps happening.
This forum is replete with people who wish to minimize certain occurrences while maximizing others (often personal anecdotes) in order to spread their ideology. You are one of the few objective and logical posters on this forum and frankly I give you kudos for being able to withstand this forum on a regular basis. I know I can only bear much of this drivel once every few months.

By the way, I was actually down there and saw the mob, yet I had the wherewithal to keep my wife and young children in the stroller on the other side of the street and quickly move on.

I think the practical solution is to restrict the ability of anyone under the age of 21, regardless of race, to gather in groups larger than 8. If the police were able to enforce that, I think a lot of this would be solved. As to the legality/constitutionality of that proposal, I leave that to the attorneys.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
It has a picture of George Jefferson on it and is captioned "Shut Up H*nkey!"
Wow, it's amazing that millions of white people like me kept watching that show every week, with that horrible, mean, offensive black man throwing that slur around!

Oh wait, he was actually a universally beloved character, and nobody in real life was actually offended when he said that word. I forgot.

That coaster has probably been purchased by more white people than black people. That's how offended we are by that slur.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
I only read 5 pages of this and I cannot believe some of these answers!

That **** sounded scary when I heard it on the news. One lady interviewed says she got pretty scared as the teens ran by her in the subway.

As long as you downplay this sort of thing and decide its just a bunch of kids out there having fun then more **** like this is gonna happen. No wonder kids are effed up... the alleged (and I use that word loosely) adults are acting like its some cute teen party or something. No wonder Englewood is messed up - and other parts where these criminal hoodlums live - as long as you think its "cutesy teenage stuff" your gonna be messed up where crime is just winked at. Shame on people who wink at this **** and think its cute and excusable.

If you google any of the flash mobs (correction - CRIMINALS) that go in a store (20 kids maybe) and go stealing while the poor clerk cant stop them, then maybe you will think seriously about this stupid mobs of kids.. and furthermore, these brats/criminals/toilet paper mobs this weekend ought to be in jail or work or home studying for exams, not out being a waste, and they WERE bumping pedestrians, thats not right. But if you treat them like this is some innocent teenage fun, then no wonder you effed up your own self.

And lastly, from the looks of it, most of them were black. they sure effed it up for other blacks who ARE innocently shopping on Michigan Ave. You may not like me saying it, or think I am being politically uncorrect (but eff that political correctness garbage); but this is why people look at them, and yes they do look at color, and then think the wole race is effed up, by this example of these hoodlums/criminals/teen mobs. Now you know why people in Lakeview get a bad feeling when they see groups of blacks in their neighborhood who look like they MIGHT be a member of a criminal/flash mob.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
One lady interviewed says she got pretty scared as the teens ran by her in the subway.
What was the race of the woman, and how scared would she have been if the teens in the subway were white?

You don't have to answer that question. We all know the answer.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,224,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
It's not about what I "feel." He posted information. You didn't believe it, and asked for a source. I posted a source. The end.
Except for your completely over the top reaction to his "information" earlier in the thread

Quote:
So it was all race-based fearmongering with no basis in reality, after all. Shocking. SHO. KING.

Welcome to Chicago. 21st century city with 19th century views on race.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
I believe racism is a horrible thing. If the kids in this "mob attack" used racial slurs they should be prosecuted according.

I don't believe everything I read! I would have to know the entire story before forming an opinion due to the track record of local media not telling the truth.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,201,566 times
Quote:
I have. I've been on the giving and receiving end of that word many times. It has always been treated as the complete joke that it is. I've honestly never met anyone in real life who was so offended to be reminded they're part of a privileged group. I can't tell if those of you who are arguing that point of view are really that easily butthurt, or are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I lean toward the latter.
Cool.
Let's hang out and I'll have you go around white people calling them ******.
Let's see how well that goes.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
The Rothschilds were definately behind this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies